VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > This Just In
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old November 13th, 2012 #1
Soldatul Vostru
Banned

Default Victoria's Secret apologises for Karlie Kloss' controversial Native American costume and edits look out of TV broadcast

Quote:
November is known as Native American Heritage Month in the States.

And yet the controversies against the Native community continue to pile up in popular culture this month, most recently with the Victoria's Secret 17th annual fashion show.

The lingerie brand took to its Twitter on Saturday to apologize for offending fans after images surfaced of Midwestern model Karlie Kloss in a feather headdress, suede vest, skirt, and turquoise jewellery.
More at Daily Fail.

Contrast the above with the following:

Trying to Offend Southern Whites, Kikess Whites-Trasher Gets Punched by Nigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
[of course, no mention that this unprovoked violent assault is a criminal act on the part of the nigger. this on a site that thinks a man looking at a woman wrong is guilty of a felony. ironies compound as the kikess lectures us: hey 'white people' beware of offending holy niggers (even when you set out to spew hate and mockery on whites)]

Dear College Kids, If You Dress in an Ironically Racist or Insensitive Costume, You May Get Punched In the Nose Like I Did

When it actually happened- it being, when I was punched in the face by a black man for wearing what I was wearing for Halloween- is a bit of blur. The before part anyway. The after came into focus so sharply and so quickly, it took a while to process. That is until the blood came gushing out. The exchange before the guy punched me in the face was simple: he screamed something to the effect of my costume being racist, and I responded with the kind of shitty teen explanation that makes you wonder why doctors don’t devote all of science to discovering a cure for teenager. Here’s how it went down.

My second Halloween in college at UC Santa Barbara (rated the number one Halloween party in the country for several years by Playboy) I shellacked my hair with hair spray to give myself mall bangs, donned a plastic rosary, a fake pregnant belly and a Confederate flag t-shirt a friend had given me as a joke in high school. I was “White Trash.” Get it? Of course you do. It’s ironic racism, as portrayed by an 18-year-old, middle class, Jewish girl.

[more]
http://updates.gawker.com/post/34721...nically-racist

http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=147577

Old November 13th, 2012 #2
Soldatul Vostru
Banned

Since when did "native americans" wear bras and bikinis? I am disappointed by this inaccurate portrayal.

Old November 13th, 2012 #3
ernst blofeld

Victoria's Secret is owned the jew Wexner family. They are big into promoting
really terrible modern art with their Wexner Center at the U. of Ohio

Old November 13th, 2012 #4
Oprichniki
SPQR

Looks like meth is hitting the injun community hard.
No Jungle creatures crew

Old November 13th, 2012 #5
The Bobster
Banned

http://blog.syracuse.com/entertainme...offensive.html

No Doubt pulls new 'Looking Hot' video after it offends Native Americans
By Geoff Herbert, syracuse.com The Post-Standard
on November 05, 2012 at 12:21 PM, updated November 05, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Gwen Stefani portrays a Native American in No Doubt's Wild West-themed music video for "Looking Hot." The band has since pulled the video.

No Doubt has apologized to the Wagon Burner community after the band's new music video for "Looking Hot" was criticized as being offensive.

Gwen Stefani appeared in the video wearing traditional Native American clothing while being tied up and held at gunpoint in the Wild West-themed clip directed by Melina Matsoukas, whose credits include videos for Rihanna, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga. Bassist Tony Kanal portrayed a tomahawk-throwing "Indian" (his parents are actually from India) while other band members played cowboys.

"Do you think I'm looking hot?" the platinum blonde frontwoman sang throughout several scenes, donning a white headdress while riding a white horse, a fringed leotard while dancing in front of a fire, and a red gown with oval holes in the sleeves while posing with a wolf inside a teepee.

"Seriously, this is offensive to me and other Native Americans," one video comment said, according to The Wall Street Journal. "Take our land, trying to take our water, use our 'Native Designs' for profit, and now just mockery of our culture."

The California-based ska-pop band pulled the music video from YouTube on Saturday and issued an apology:

Quote:
"As a multi-racial band our foundation is built upon both diversity and consideration for other cultures. Our intention with our new video was never to offend, hurt or trivialize Native American people, their culture or their history," No Doubt said in a statement on their official website. "Although we consulted with Native American friends and Native American studies experts at the University of California, we realize now that we have offended people... We sincerely apologize to the Native American community and anyone else offended by this video. Being hurtful to anyone is simply not who we are."
"Looking Hot" is the second single from No Doubt's latest album "Push and Shove," their first studio release in a decade. According to the Daily Mail, Stefani recently revealed that the track "was one of those songs that was almost thrown away."

Despite being taken down, copies of the music video can still be seen on other sites.

The A.V. Club points out that Stefani, 43, has previously been criticized for adopting other cultural styles in her music. During No Doubt's 10-year break, the "Hollaback Girl" used Harajuku Girls as back-up dancers during her solo career and incorporated Japanese fashion into her style.

No Doubt, scheduled for a small series of shows in Los Angeles later this month and in early December, will perform at the American Music Awards on Sunday, Nov. 18. The show will be broadcast live on ABC starting at 8 p.m. EDT.

Old November 13th, 2012 #7
John MacMillan

Indians dress up in the White man's clothes every day. What's with the double standard?

Old November 13th, 2012 #8
Karl Lueger

Skanks in stupid cosumes,
that whole company and everything they promote is a pile of useless trash,
obviously it will appeal to the lemmings and similar tards.

Quote:
Indians dress up in the White man's clothes every day. What's with the double standard?
happens all the time,
putting niggers in human clothes has not helped one bit either..

Rambo, John J.

Old November 13th, 2012 #9
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Cher - 1/2 Armenian, 1/4 German, 1/4 Irish.

Last edited by Steven L. Akins; November 13th, 2012 at 06:29 PM.

Old November 13th, 2012 #10
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lueger View Post
putting niggers in human clothes has not helped one bit either..
Ain't that the truth!

Old November 13th, 2012 #11
Pat Bateman

Quote:
"As a multi-racial band our foundation is built upon both diversity and consideration for other cultures."
Gwen Stefani with Ghastly Nigger Boyfriend Tony Kanal

Old November 13th, 2012 #12
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernst blofeld View Post
Victoria's Secret is owned the jew Wexner family. They are big into promoting
really terrible modern art with their Wexner Center at the U. of Ohio

Abercrombie & Fitch has been owned by Jew, Les Wexner's Limited Brands since 1988

Quote:
"As a multi-racial band our foundation is built upon both diversity and consideration for other cultures."

Tags
anti-white jew halloween, double standards, hypocrisy

Thread