VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 27th, 2017 #21
Jerry Abbott

The following exchange occurred via the in-forum email of the Physics Forums:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh_42
we couldn't figure out what you intended to do...
I intended to show anyone curious how to use the method of Gauss on three angle-only observations to calculate estimated Keplerian elements for a preliminary orbit.

Quote:
...but our rules prohibit blog like entries as well as personal theories or work.
Every answer to a question on your site is someone's personal theory or work, either that of the poster or someone whom he is referencing.

Quote:
As it is neither a question nor an appropriate information to the community, we decided to remove this thread.
As you like. I was only trying to supply helpful information to your category "Forums > Astronomy and Cosmology > Astronomy and Astrophysics." I apologize for posting inappropriate information. I can be helpful somewhere else.

I had forgotten why I had not participated in the Physics Forums for quite a long time. Thanks for reminding me.

David Sims

Old March 27th, 2017 #22
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Jerry- that's interesting, but can you explain in layman's terms what you were illustrating and why you think it was something they had particular beef with and closed?

You may have adequately explained it, but if so I need it dumbed down a couple notches, lol.

I know why Higgs Bosson and the Multiverse make people go into volatile mode, but didn't understand yo maff.

Old March 27th, 2017 #23
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

We were writing at the same time-u just explained it. Thx.

However, it does seem persnickity--I wonder if there is a reason they don't like this Gauss method?

Or why they considered it a 'personal theory'--unless they mean in the way you applied it to three-angle-only observations? Hmm.

Old March 27th, 2017 #24
Jerry Abbott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Henderson View Post
Jerry- that's interesting, but can you explain in layman's terms what you were illustrating and why you think it was something they had particular beef with and closed? You may have adequately explained it, but if so I need it dumbed down a couple notches, lol. I know why Higgs Bosson and the Multiverse make people go into volatile mode, but didn't understand yo maff. We were writing at the same time-u just explained it. Thx. However, it does seem persnickity--I wonder if there is a reason they don't like this Gauss method? Or why they considered it a 'personal theory'--unless they mean in the way you applied it to three-angle-only observations? Hmm.
Celestial mechanics is a form of geometry, involving conic sections—circles, ellipses, parabolas, and hyperbolas—which treats time as a dimension even when the physics is kept classical (i.e. neglects relativity). In order for an orbit to "fit" our observations of an object, it must not only connect the places where we see that object, but it also must allow exactly the right amount of time to pass in between our observations.

Karl Friedrich Gauss (white, German) developed this method for determining the numerical elements that define the size, shape, and angular orientation of a conic-section orbit. He did it in 1801 while investigating, with others, the orbit of the asteroid Ceres. The most significant achievement of Gauss' work here was that you don't need to know, at the outset, the distance between Earth and Ceres, or between the Sun and Ceres, in order to calculate those numerical elements to a good approximation.

If you did know (as from radar, which was invented in the 1940s) the distance from Earth to Ceres from the outset, then the calculation of Ceres' orbit would be much easier. But in the 19th century they didn't have radar, and Gauss' method was the best they could do. And it was, indeed, pretty darn good. Gauss' method plays off the fact that an orbit is a conic section against the physics of motion under an inverse-square central force, and after a lot of hell-raising with successive approximations it comes up with the distances that you didn't know initially.

Last edited by Jerry Abbott; March 28th, 2017 at 12:22 AM.

Old March 28th, 2017 #25
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Abbott View Post
Celestial mechanics is a form of geometry, involving conic sections—circles, ellipses, parabolas, and hyperbolas—which treats time as a dimension even when the physics is kept classical (i.e. neglects relativity). In order for an orbit to "fit" our observations of an object, it must not only connect the places where we see that object, but it also must allow exactly the right amount of time to pass in between our observations.

Karl Friedrich Gauss (white, German) developed this method for determining the numerical elements that define the size, shape, and angular orientation of a conic-section orbit. He did it in 1801 while investigating, with others, the orbit of the asteroid Ceres. The most significant achievement of Gauss' work here was that you don't need to know, at the outset, the distance between Earth and Ceres, or between the Sun and Ceres, in order to calculate those numerical elements to a good approximation.

If you did know (as from radar, which was invented in the 1940s) the distance from Earth to Ceres from the outset, then the calculation of Ceres' orbit would be much easier. But in the 19th century they didn't have radar, and Gauss' method was the best they could do. And it was, indeed, pretty darn good. Gauss' method plays off the fact that an orbit is a conic section against the physics of motion under an inverse-square central force, and after a lot of hell-raising with successive approximations it comes up with the distances that you didn't know initially.
I understand now to a greater degree, thanks.

Perhaps they don't like attention drawn to White Germans who could find things with pretty spot on accuracy, even with fewer tools/knowlege that would've made it easier.

Think of what our people could've accomplished if not blocked by religion, die versity, and Jew money monopolizing...

This thread makes me think of a skit from the radio in Texas.

Someone would go into explanation mode re politics or science, and a character named 'Leon', upon the end of the explanation, would exclaim.., "Is,.. Is that, like, a show? " To which the other person would sigh and say, "Yes, mullet head, it's a show. "

Old June 27th, 2017 #26
Jerry Abbott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Henderson View Post
Think of what our people could've accomplished if not blocked by religion, die versity, and Jew money monopolizing...
Among white people, there's a small percentage of Elon Musks (for example). Most of them have their potential for contributing to culture, to producing like Musk did, because of the political circumstances that the Jews brought about among us. Musk, however, came to the United States as a naturalized citizen who was fully aware of the Jew. In South Africa, whence Musk came, you can hardly miss the fact that the Jews were behind the blacks in reducing the country to black rule. But most of the (white) people with his level of talent somehow run afoul of politics and, however valuable they might have become, they get fired or laid-off-with-venom, shunned, cast out of intellectual circles, made a pariah, etc., and the only jobs they can get from then on are those that don't make full use of their skills and education.

That's one sort of internal brain hemorrhage from which the white race suffers.

Another kind is, of course, the people who lose their racial loyalty the moment they are offered enough money—which, sadly, usually does not need to be a whole lot. Most of the treason in the white world is motivated by nothing more than the traitor's desire to keep his regular paycheck, a threat to which is enough to make most people pretend to believe every lie they ever heard.

Some of us can put names to "white nationalists" who are really capitalists in race-patriot clothing. They talk, talk, talk about saving the white race, but all they do is steal whatever they can, assert rights over property that they really have no right to, neglect to service honest debts, and milk gullible supporters for more. Nearly all of that money vanishes down a rabbit hole of lawyer's fees or private gains by unlawful conversion, with the latter being a major reason for the former.

Old June 28th, 2017 #27
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Among white people, there's a small percentage of Elon Musks (for example). Most of them have their potential for contributing to culture, to producing like Musk did, because of the political circumstances that the Jews brought about among us. Musk, however, came to the United States as a naturalized citizen who was fully aware of the Jew. In South Africa, whence Musk came, you can hardly miss the fact that the Jews were behind the blacks in reducing the country to black rule. But most of the (white) people with his level of talent somehow run afoul of politics and, however valuable they might have become, they get fired or laid-off-with-venom, shunned, cast out of intellectual circles, made a pariah, etc., and the only jobs they can get from then on are those that don't make full use of their skills and education.

That's one sort of internal brain hemorrhage from which the white race suffers.
Yes--in the US the same would be true of 'intellectual' or 'progressive' circles and professions. They will scream 'freedom' but you are not free to think or express certain things. They also actively recruit inferior people (for example blacks) and work double-time to raise them to a higher standard--and will do this to somehow prove they belong there more than a White person does. But they know better, and that's what makes it real despicable.

Quote:
Another kind is, of course, the people who lose their racial loyalty the moment they are offered enough money—which, sadly, usually does not need to be a whole lot. Most of the treason in the white world is motivated by nothing more than the traitor's desire to keep his regular paycheck, a threat to which is enough to make most people pretend to believe every lie they ever heard.
And if one won't do the 'weez all juss people' shuck and jive for the $, they must be disabled or nuts. It's the same with religion, particularly in the South. Some people don't understand why you won't just 'pretend', as they do. They'll flat out say it---in private.

Quote:
Some of us can put names to "white nationalists" who are really capitalists in race-patriot clothing. They talk, talk, talk about saving the white race, but all they do is steal whatever they can, assert rights over property that they really have no right to, neglect to service honest debts, and milk gullible supporters for more. Nearly all of that money vanishes down a rabbit hole of lawyer's fees or private gains by unlawful conversion, with the latter being a major reason for the former.
Awful how true that all is.

One way to test someone's sincerity is to 'have no money'. Haha. Even if you have some, allow them to wonder. This is a good tool for shopping also. Don't go into a store looking and acting like you can buy whatever you want. When they treat you accordingly, let them know you're going to a different one to buy the very same stuff, and taking your money with you.

Which is not to say that people doing work of value don't need or deserve to take an interest in funding, but organizations that need more n' more and you can't see output that matches input are doing as you say. It's unlawful conversion on many different levels.

Thread