Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 19th, 2005 #81
n9odi

I'm not the only one that changed avatars, hardly anyone I see here is still using their old one. That would be funny if I made a nazi penguin, though I've already tried making a nazi pigeon and some german jew forced me to take it down on the forums.gentoo.org so I gave them an SS officer instead.

Acetone might be made from petroleum as I've seen mentioned on a few websites not related to fuel mileage, however when I tried researching more about it there seems to be an alternative non petroleum related method of manufacturing it which is used by large plants. it has similar characteristics but the manufacturing process might vary.

One funny thing you could try doing, but be sure you aren't easily influenced by their rantings is ask any mechanic about using acetone in gasoline. I've done that once to GM technician and the guy started spewing just about any kind of bullshit he could come up with. Even though most if not all mechanics have never used it they'll automatically turn into experts when you ask them about car things they don't know about. This guy started making up how my engine will melt down from the insane heat and how it break every fuel line component. He even started insulting me claiming I wasn't going to be a "hot rodder" (I never said I wanted to be) with my stock car anyways so I shouldn't even bother.

Old October 19th, 2005 #82
centerfire

Have you been to the bobistheoilguy forum? I can't think of a better forum for this discussion. Those guys are fucking insane with talk about all this kind of stuff. I haven't been there with this question, but I can't imagine it hasn't been asked before. There are some petroleum engineers who are members, as I remember it.
"In 1958 I still believed that there was a significant intellectual difference between the American bourgeoisie and the cattle that one sees peering between the slats of large trucks as they contentedly munch hay on their way to the abattoir."

Revilo P. Oliver

Old October 19th, 2005 #83
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

Quote:
Originally Posted by n9odi
... That would be funny if I made a nazi penguin...Even though most if not all mechanics have never used it they'll automatically turn into experts when you ask them about car things they don't know about. This guy started making up how my engine will melt down from the insane...
Why do you even bother with those low-lifes? 1st, they're not taking you seriously, as if you had just walked into the garage wearing a Penguin costume.
2ndly, you're approaching them with questions which are over their heads, anyway. Otherwise they would be employed at a scientific level. Instead of saying, "I don't know", they try weaseling out of it like the Wiggers that they are

Old October 19th, 2005 #84
n9odi

Centerfire:
It doesn't appear to have been asked there from doing a forums search, but thanks for the website it might come in handy later. I already talked to one oil engineer who runs lubedev.com and he is very well educated in his field.

I don't think asking them would be useful because the only answers I'd expect is it will blow up my engine or something of the sort. When something is a fact, there's no need to further debate it to create unnecessary doubts.

Since it hasn't been talked about on those forums before they most likely do not use or know about it. Since they don't know about it but at the same time their knowledge of oil and lubrication is so large, discussing this would result in too much flaming and bullshit. It's just like the paragraph I've written about asking car mechanics.

I know it works, so why should I go defend it in front of oil gurus? Thanks for the suggestion though.

Kind Lampshade Maker:
That's a hilarious post about the penguin costume, you have a good point. Actually it wasn't me that asked. I was happy with my findings so I shared them to my family and then a family member instead of researching the actual things went and asked some retarded mechanic (even paid $10 for the expert advice!!!!), then I got a lot of heat for "damaging MY car" and was threatened to not use it again.

I've since then learned sometimes it's best to not even bother helping certain people.

Old October 19th, 2005 #85
centerfire

Actually, I strongly disagree with your assessment. They might flame you, but you ought to try it first. They hardly march in lock step with one another. In fact they disagree with each other all the time. Many of those guys promote all kinds of unorthodox ideas. That's kinda what the forum is about, to some extent anyway, is to bat ideas around. There is a forum on there about gasoline and additives. They basically discuss any type of lubrication, fuel, additives for either. It's mind boggling what those fellas come up with. My guess is that you'll get some who will agree and some who won't. If there's anything those guys aren't, it's shy about their opinions regarding these topics. Lot of interesting stuff there.
The reason you should approach those oil and petroleum gurus is that they may give you good advice that you haven't come across before to back up your claims as well as constructive criticism.
"In 1958 I still believed that there was a significant intellectual difference between the American bourgeoisie and the cattle that one sees peering between the slats of large trucks as they contentedly munch hay on their way to the abattoir."

Revilo P. Oliver

Old October 19th, 2005 #86
n9odi

I might try it later when I get some free time, perhaps it wouldn't be so bad. If you want you can go start the thread and I'll join in if things get ugly.

Old October 22nd, 2005 #87
n9odi

Another interesting experiment I tried today. I removed all my hubcaps because I thought they were ugly and serve no purpose. I actually think black steel rims just like on police cars look nicer in some cases (except those trashy ones on beatup 80s cars) than hubcaps or chrome/aluminum alloy rims. Well I'm not sure if the effect is psychological or aerodynamics but I seem to have noticed a 1-2 mpg improvement on my scangauge.

Fyi, a scangauge an obd2 diagnostics device which shows you tons of neat information directly from your engine. I've had the scangauge for a long time now and I'm pretty used to the readout of my fuel economy, perhaps it really did help in aero dynamics and weight reduction? I did not have any other variables in my experiment, though unfortunately I don't write down solid data that could be analyzed by plotting it on graphs and etc, perhaps I should start.

I look forward to hearing anyone's input on this.

Old October 25th, 2005 #88
Kind Lampshade Maker

Default Just ask Jethro

Now that the hubcaps are gone. You might want to get out your toolbox and go after the antenna which does nothing else other than convey ZOG messages. If you reside in the South West, windshield wiper removal or even the windshield and rear glass removal might do aerodynamics a good turn, since it hardly rains there. If you happen to habitually drive with your arm hanging out the driver's door window, removal of bodily hair on the offending arm might win you a further mpg. If you don't shop in bulk, a oxy-acetylene torch would serve to lop off the trunk

Old October 29th, 2005 #89
SlagMaster

Castration would reduce the engery to accelerate useless mass.

Old October 30th, 2005 #90
Kind Lampshade Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelhaken
WN isn't about half measures, KLM. Why don't you just cut your left arm off and really reduce drag.

Assuming you don't live in England.

In that case try the right.
Then, I wouldn't have the proper arm left to cut off my right arm, if I were to move to England

Old November 1st, 2005 #91
n9odi

There is nothing wrong with removing useless things without any negative effects (including looks, go look at a police interceptor for once you dipshit). One way or aonther you either have retarded plastic hubcaps which serve no purpose, or pretty pointless nigger/ricer rims you've wasted money on. This only took me a minute to do, got rid of junk I don't need without actually making the car look ridiculous, and makes it easier to check tire pressure or change tires incase one begins leak air. But it's ok with me, you can keep being irrational. You haven't even tried acetone so why bother posting here? Go back to whining about how the jews are responsible for high gas prices.

This is just like winblows vs linux. It doesn't take more time to use linux nor is it harder, but with winblows you get at least 20% less performance because of all the pointless bloat. How about thinking with less complexity and stupidity and instead with more efficiency and logic.

I wouldn't go as far as removing the antenna, but radios or any music equipment should not be built into cars in the first place, at least not until most people (especially blacks and southern redneck morons) learn to use their turning signals.

Old November 4th, 2005 #92
Kind Lampshade Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by n9odi
...This only took me a minute to do, got rid of junk I don't need without actually making the car look ridiculous, and makes it easier to check tire pressure or change tires incase one begins leak air...
About the same amount of time it should take for a Negroe or Beanor to steal your tires or deflate them completely. Immobility should then further your mpgs

Old April 20th, 2006 #93
JimInCO
Meinungsverbrecher

Default Update?

It's been about six months. What's the verdict on acetone as
a fuel additive, in practice?
who do not adequately realize the irritations they inflict."
- H.G. Wells (November 11, 1933)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old April 21st, 2006 #94
Intrepid
Dodging vacuous stares

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInCO
It's been about six months. What's the verdict on acetone as
a fuel additive, in practice?
I sat with bated breath, as well.

Apparently, in one of the constant bloodlettings, the acetone tester, n9odi, was sent into cyber oblivion, too.

Old April 29th, 2006 #95
Kind Lampshade Maker

Too bad he left with his tail between his legs. He had some good ideas, until he got carried away and started popping off his hub caps.
He was fun to mess with, though. Especially for that reason, I wish the Penguin would return

Old May 17th, 2006 #96
TheGreenMan
Banned

Economic benefits?
As Acetone is far more expensive than gasoline (where I live) there would appear to be little economic incentive to burn acetone as fuel.

Environmental benefits?
As Acetone spilled into the environment will damage water resources and air (by converting into airborne VOCs or on land into toxic aldehydes, then further oxidising into corrosive and toxic alkanoic acids); prima facie there would appear to be not much of an environmental incentive from using acetone as fuel.

Any others?
Its low flashpoint, its tendency to corrode certain plastics (impacting on the lifespan of seals and gaskets on fuel transfer line systems in your car?) are disadvantages that also may not have been considered?.

Am I missing the point? or is Acetone about as useful as Ether or Acetylene, for use as additives for fuel in an internal combustion engine.?

Old May 20th, 2006 #97
Itz_molecular
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenMan
Economic benefits?
As Acetone is far more expensive than gasoline (where I live) there would appear to be little economic incentive to burn acetone as fuel.
The idea isn't to use acetone as fuel, but as some sort of additive . Using acetone to enhance the combustion of gasoline , I suppose .

I won't try it , I've had tooooo many fuel system problems as it is . Rebuilding carburetors is NO fun !

Thread