VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 22nd, 2014 #36
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
Cobb hated the home run mania that Ruth started, believing that baseball was about running the bases. One time, he hit a load of homers in a game, just to prove that he could do what Babe did.
Yep, I think he hit like 8 HR in three games, but I may be misremembering.

Quote:
I was an athletic retard. I remember playing baseball in gym once in elementary school: I was at bat and swung for the non-existent fences - and farted in the process: all the other kids (including of course the girls, which was worst of all) burst out laughing; I fell down like I'd been shot dead - and wished I had been....
Oh my god, that is awful... I've actually seen something similar. Loudest fart I've ever heard. Some kind of softball function with my business colleagues when I was in trade journalism. This fattish girl swung and missed, cut the loudest fart I have EVER heard. I mean, EVER. Including full-grown adult males going for gold records. No one said a thing. My boss and I were just shaking our heads looking at each other laughing quietly. We were up a hillside from this explosion and it truly was not to be believed.

Tags
#1, comedy, jokes, television

Thread