VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 30th, 2019 #1
ColdFire
Banned

Default The Bible

- - -

. . what is 'The Bible'?

. . what is something, a book , which has shaped European thoughts for centuries . . . ? ( especially during the Middle Ages)

- - - - -

. . what does the Bible contain ?

- - - -

First of all , the Bible is one of the most falsified and interpreted books in the world . .

By falsified I mean , things have been taken out of , added . . . .

By interpreted I mean , it has been translated , re-translated . .

- - - -

The first chapters supposedly contain "how the world was created" . .

Then it goes on telling the story of the house of Israel . .

. . until it arrives at Jesus , the "Messiah". . .

- - -

Well . .

Believe it or not but a part of the bible is based on Sumerian records . .

In other words , different translators of the Bible took records from Sumeria and put them together in a book.

I seriously doubt the authenticity of the rest of the Bible though

- - - -

Not only have different translators "worked it over" , the Church itself also did a great deal . . .

- - -

So . . all in all . .

A book of fairy tales , largely , as sad as that may sound to some . .

You have to keep in mind that the people in the Middle Ages for a long time didn't really have something else to rely on except for the Bible.

Truth be told , in a way I can understand , with a book such as weird as this ,that for a long time , Europe plunged into the 'Dark Ages' . . .

- - - -

There might be some truth to things in the Bible but it sure as hell wasn't (((exactly as was told))) . . .

In fact in newer times more and more research has been done and some Bible-myths are crumbling , especially about ancient Egypt . .

- - -

Well , may it have been how it may have been , the Bible is and remains one of the most manipulated books in the world ( actually even a collection of histories)

There have even been made movies about it . .

Old August 1st, 2019 #2
Sartt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post

- - -

. . what is 'The Bible'?

. . what is something, a book , which has shaped European thoughts for centuries . . . ? ( especially during the Middle Ages)

- - - - -

. . what does the Bible contain ?

- - - -

First of all , the Bible is one of the most falsified and interpreted books in the world . .

By falsified I mean , things have been taken out of , added . . . .

By interpreted I mean , it has been translated , re-translated . .

- - - -

The first chapters supposedly contain "how the world was created" . .

Then it goes on telling the story of the house of Israel . .

. . until it arrives at Jesus , the "Messiah". . .

- - -

Well . .

Believe it or not but a part of the bible is based on Sumerian records . .

In other words , different translators of the Bible took records from Sumeria and put them together in a book.

I seriously doubt the authenticity of the rest of the Bible though

- - - -

Not only have different translators "worked it over" , the Church itself also did a great deal . . .

- - -

So . . all in all . .

A book of fairy tales , largely , as sad as that may sound to some . .

You have to keep in mind that the people in the Middle Ages for a long time didn't really have something else to rely on except for the Bible.

Truth be told , in a way I can understand , with a book such as weird as this ,that for a long time , Europe plunged into the 'Dark Ages' . . .

- - - -

There might be some truth to things in the Bible but it sure as hell wasn't (((exactly as was told))) . . .

In fact in newer times more and more research has been done and some Bible-myths are crumbling , especially about ancient Egypt . .

- - -

Well , may it have been how it may have been , the Bible is and remains one of the most manipulated books in the world ( actually even a collection of histories)

There have even been made movies about it . .

All You Zombies

the bible = a Comic book

Old August 6th, 2019 #3
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

It's not so important whether the bible is true or false. Myths can be useful even if not literally true. What is most important is that the bible is the mythology of the Jewish race. When one race has, as its central focus, the mythology of anther race, nothing good can come of that.
All these ideas…are chained to the existence of men, to who[m]…they owe their existence. Precisely in this case the preservation of these definite races and men is the precondition for the existence of these ideas. --Adolf Hitler

Old August 6th, 2019 #4
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Bijeliti View Post
It's not so important whether the bible is true or false. Myths can be useful even if not literally true. What is most important is that the bible is the mythology of the Jewish race. When one race has, as its central focus, the mythology of anther race, nothing good can come of that.
. . the alleged history of the Israelite peoples . .

Judah was one tribe of the Israelite collective . . Actually it was kicked out (along with another tribe , the Benjamintes . . . Judah should later become a separate tribe known as judaism ) . . The main difference between them and the rest of the Israelites was that they didn't accept Jesus as 'the messiah'.

There are people who even question if the Israelites ever existed . .

But I think at the core it is accurate , just that it is full of claims . .

Old December 8th, 2019 #5
ColdFire
Banned

Does anybody here know the 1966 movie "The Bible - In The Beginning ..." by Dino De Laurentiis ?

That movie wasn't made badly though.

At least it tried to give accurate descriptions of the alledged happenings.

Good movie ,no matter where one stands on the subject of the Bible per se.

Dino De Laurentiis is famous for putting up well-made landscapes/sceneries for movies. . .

He also laid out the steppe-landscape for 'Conan The Barbarian' , I think . .

Old December 8th, 2019 #6
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
Does anybody here know the 1966 movie "The Bible - In The Beginning ..." by Dino De Laurentiis ?

That movie wasn't made badly though.

At least it tried to give accurate descriptions of the alledged happenings.

Good movie ,no matter where one stands on the subject of the Bible per se.

Dino De Laurentiis is famous for putting up well-made landscapes/sceneries for movies. . .

He also laid out the steppe-landscape for 'Conan The Barbarian' , I think . .
Yes, I saw it once on TV a long time ago. The film's director John Huston played Noah, and George C. Scott was Abraham. And Peter O'Toole played an angel and was wearing the same robe he wore in Lawrence of Arabia.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060164/

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old December 8th, 2019 #7
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
Yes, I saw it once on TV a long time ago. The film's director John Huston played Noah, and George C. Scott was Abraham. And Peter O'Toole played an angel and was wearing the same robe he wore in Lawrence of Arabia.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060164/
I saw that movie in the german synchronisation once.

When recently I checked out the original version I was a bit surprised because the movie is held in the same language as the Bible in the english-speaking world , 'ye olde English'

In the English-speaking world the Bible is held in old English . .

In the German-speaking world it is today's standard-German . . .

- - -

Yup , George C. Scott played Abraham . .

Heehee , he also played 'Fagin' in the 'Oliver Twist'-movie of '82 . . .

https://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=551528

. . it would appear he is often in the role of . . well . . prominent Israelites

. . as for Pete O'Toole . . the story is set in the old Middle East . . no wonder it reminded one of 'Lawrence Of Arabia'

Old December 8th, 2019 #8
Ray Allan

I haven't seen that movie for so long, I couldn't remember very much dialog, but apparently it was based on the 1611 King James Bible. So yes, it's ye olde English from the 17th century, the same spoken by Shakespeare ("Art thou truly the Lord my God?").

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old December 8th, 2019 #9
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
I haven't seen that movie for so long, I couldn't remember very much dialog, but apparently it was based on the 1611 King James Bible. So yes, it's ye olde English from the 17th century, the same spoken by Shakespeare ("Art thou truly the Lord my God?").
"What meanest thou by that . .?"
. . just kidding . .

Olde English is good-sounding

Old December 13th, 2019 #10
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
. . it's ye olde English from the 17th century, the same spoken by Shakespeare ("Art thou truly the Lord my God?").
I'm German and I tried reading Shakespeare in the original.

As you may know, I speak english fluently but . . . gotta admit 'ye olden English' from back then is difficult when you are not a native speaker.

Mainly because it is no longer spoken like that today . .

I'm used to conversations in english online but sometimes 'ye olden english' can be tough for one.

Old December 20th, 2019 #11
ColdFire
Banned

Old October 24th, 2020 #12
Gonzalez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartt View Post
the bible = a Comic book

Do not forget that also at all times people made money by selling bibles... Selling bible-copies certainly made many institutions rich..

Old October 24th, 2020 #13
jaekel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzalez View Post
Do not forget that also at all times people made money by selling bibles... Selling bible-copies certainly made many institutions rich..
You reckon motels get kickbacks from the Gideon's?

Thread