Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 13th, 2019 #1
Stewart Meadows

Default Somebody from VNN is impersonating me on the internet

(I'm sorry for starting this stupid drama thread, but at least I put it in the Nutzpah Lounge.)

Somebody who reads or posts on VNN has stolen my identity and is writing under my name on a blog called The truth about Serbia.

The blog post that has the title Serbia Gets Its First Female, and First Openly Gay, Premier, was apparently copied and pasted from the following post that I made here on VNN:

https://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=...1&postcount=53

I suppose some Serbian nationalists might think it's disrespectful, but it's factual and I stand by every word of it. However, the rest of those blog posts were written by somebody else, even though it says that I'm the author.

So now you know.

Old January 13th, 2019 #2
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Meadows View Post
(I'm sorry for starting this stupid drama thread, but at least I put it in the Nutzpah Lounge.)

Somebody who reads or posts on VNN has stolen my identity and is writing under my name on a blog called The truth about Serbia.

The blog post that has the title Serbia Gets Its First Female, and First Openly Gay, Premier, was apparently copied and pasted from the following post that I made here on VNN:

I suppose some Serbian nationalists might think it's disrespectful, but it's factual and I stand by every word of it. However, the rest of those blog posts were written by somebody else, even though it says that I'm the author.

So now you know.
This happened to me once, though less irksome than having writing that's not yours added to yours. Someone wrote as me in the comments on the site discussing Matt Hale's legal case and claimed to have read a certain book and thought it was wonderful and everyone must read it. They had no avatar and it's a book I have never read...when Craig's church burned in Nome that I made the contract for, a person wrote in the comments of a news site that he had 'thousands of' this same book inside the church and it's a shame they burned, and it's a 'great book everyone needs to read it'.

Neither of us had so much as one copy.

Old January 13th, 2019 #3
Robbie Key

Quote:

So now you know.
They might be trying to paint you as another FLEKTARN who I still don't really understand...

Old January 14th, 2019 #4
Stewart Meadows

I've written 1,887 posts here on VNN. Maybe six or seven of them are about Balkan matters. One would think that that's an insignificant amount, but apparently it's enough to get me sucked into Balkan nationalists' retarded feuds, drama and flame wars: the anti-Serbian crowd starts impersonating me online, and the pro-Serbian side attacks me for being a "fool" who is "playing into their hands" (whatever that's supposed to mean). There's no middle ground with these people.

Old January 19th, 2019 #5
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Henderson View Post
This happened to me once, though less irksome than having writing that's not yours added to yours. Someone wrote as me in the comments on the site discussing Matt Hale's legal case and claimed to have read a certain book and thought it was wonderful and everyone must read it. They had no avatar and it's a book I have never read...when Craig's church burned in Nome that I made the contract for, a person wrote in the comments of a news site that he had 'thousands of' this same book inside the church and it's a shame they burned, and it's a 'great book everyone needs to read it'.

Neither of us had so much as one copy.
Hmm...it sounds like someone was trying to promote his own book by using your WN "star power". (The infamous Ward Kendall often does similar things on WN sites. I wonder if it was him? )

Anyway, kudos to you for helping Craig Cobb.

Old January 29th, 2019 #6
srbin1389

Sorry but I understand nothing. What is that blog about and how can find it? Is it in Serbian language?

Old January 29th, 2019 #7
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbin1389 View Post
Sorry but I understand nothing. What is that blog about and how can find it? Is it in Serbian language?
It's an anti-Serbian blog written in English. It says that I'm one of the people behind it, but that's a lie. I won't link to it, but you can find it by googling "The truth about Serbia".

Old May 7th, 2019 #8
Stewart Meadows

Quote:

So now you know.
VNN poster Vitaly "SND" has put a link to The truth about Serbia in his signature, which you can see here:

https://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=...8&postcount=28

I'm pretty sure that he's one of the creators of this shady anti-Serbian blog, but I'm not saying this to start a flame war and generate drama, I simply wish to warn decent VNN members about this person. Vitaly "SND" doesn't just excrete posts in which he insults Serbs and Russians, he also promotes a blog that steals other people's identities. Keep that in mind when you interact with him.

P.S. If you click on the link to the anti-Serbian blog in Vitaly's signature, then the crooks who created it will most likely see your IP address (unless you use a proxy).

Old May 7th, 2019 #9
Gladiatrix

Quote:

So now you know.
Yesterday, I followed along a confusing thread about Serbians, Croatians, Bulgarians and "shiptars" (not sure what that last one is). Many people were bitching about a guy named "Poison" from the Stormfront Russian page, who seemed to come up as a ghost in responses with different names. Many on here don't like him. I don't know him as I don't post on that thread. I have no eastern European in my background. I did see you pop up in there.

That old Bismarck quote comes to mind.

Old May 7th, 2019 #10
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking Balkans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiatrix View Post
Yesterday, I followed along a confusing thread about Serbians, Croatians, Bulgarians and "shiptars" (not sure what that last one is)
Shiptars are Albanians.

You're welcome.

Last edited by T.Garrett; May 7th, 2019 at 11:37 PM.

Thread