Smile

Published on January 31, 2018

(Moscow time is February 1)

Old February 3rd, 2018 #63
Alex Him

Smile

Published on July 4, 2014

Published on July 10, 2014

According to the condition of training, the descent vehicle with the space crew landed at a point to which the ground technique of search and rescue forces can not approach or in which it is impossible to land a helicopter - for example, a forest or a reservoir with a marshy shore.

Old February 6th, 2018 #64
Alex Him

Smile

Published on February 5, 2018

Published on February 6, 2018

Old February 6th, 2018 #65
Alex Him

Smile

I did not find the English translation of this interview and therefore I tried to translate it myself.

Finnish correspondent: Welcome to Finland!

Yuri Gagarin: Thank you.

FС: Do you think it's easier to ride on a train or to fly in a rocket?

YG: Both of them have their own specific features. It is easier to travel by train in the sense that it does not have large overloads, in contrast to how they occur during a flight in a rocket. But on the other hand the train has a longer ride time and in addition it shakes more than in the rocket. The rocket flies much smoother and calmer than the train rides.

FС: What did you think about when the engines of your rocket got started?

YG: When the jet engines were switched on, the process of launching the satellite into orbit began. At this time, I had to perform a large and strenuous flight program. All my thoughts were aimed at making it as good as possible to make it right and to get as much data as possible from this space flight. Naturally, I had very little the time on the lyrical reflections. There was no time to think about this.

FС: Now when we ride on the train and you can see the sky... Tell us the sky is more beautiful from here or from above?

YG: We are used to that the sky has a blue color. We glorify this color of the sky in our songs and poems. But in space, the sky has a completely different color, unusual for us - the black color. Maybe when we will fly to other planets or even to other stars, then we will like the black color of the sky of a more blue sky, since we will get used to it. And at the moment blue color of the sky is much more pleasant for us.

FС: When you flew into space, did you see our thousands of lakes?

YG: Unfortunately, the orbit of my spaceship did not pass over Finland. And unfortunately I could not see those thousands of lakes with which your country is rich. But if my next flight takes place, then I will try to see these thousands of lakes from above. I hope to see a part of their number being on your land as your guest.

FС: Are you going to fly into space in the near future?

YG: If I am entrusted with such a flight, then I will fly into space. But I do not want to be a monopolist in this matter and I have many friends among cosmonauts who are rushing into space, which all want to fly there. We must give them the opportunity to carry out space flight. And when my turn comes, when I am entrusted with the flight, I'll fly regardless of whether this is a flight around the Earth or flight to the Moon, to Mars, to Venus and maybe even to other stars. I am always ready to the flight and at any time when I am entrusted with the flight I will fly again.

FС: How do your wife and daughters live in Moscow?

YG: My wife and daughters live well. They are healthy and feel fine. My daughters grow up and my wife works. So the family is good, healthy and we all work.

FС: Please tell me the name of your daughters.

YG: My oldest daughter's name is Elena...

FС: How old is she?

YG: Two years and three months. My youngest daughter's name is Galina. Soon she will be four months old.

I ask you to convey my sincere cordial greetings to Finnish viewers and many thanks for those warm encounters, warm words, warm smiles and warm hearts with which they meet representatives of the Soviet Union.

Old February 13th, 2018 #66
Alex Him

Smile

Published on February 7, 2018

Published on February 8, 2018

Published on February 9, 2018

The "Progress MS-08" transport cargo vehicle is to deliver to the International Space Station 1390 kg of dry cargo, 890 kg of fuel in the refueling system, 420 kg of water in the tanks of the "Rodnik" system, as well as 46 kg of compressed air and oxygen in the cylinders. In its cargo compartment scientific equipment is packed, including a flight kit of equipment "Ikarus", components for the life support system, as well as containers with food, clothing, medicines and personal hygiene products for the crew.

Old February 13th, 2018 #67
Alex Him

Smile

Published on February 13, 2018

On February 13, 2018, the Soyuz-2.1a rocket was launched from the Baikonur cosmodrome. It brought the Progress-MS-08 transport cargo vehicle to near-earth orbit.

Old February 19th, 2018 #68
Alex Him

Smile

Published on February 16, 2018

The manned ship Soyuz MS-08 was overloaded into a vacuum chamber, where in the next few days it will have to undergo leak tests. The launch of the Soyuz MS-08 transport manned spacecraft by the Soyuz-FG carrier rocket is scheduled for March 21, 2018 with the launch pad #1 (Gagarin launch) of the Baikonur cosmodrome. Currently, the preparation of the main and backup crews of the transport manned spacecraft Soyuz MS-08 and long expeditions of the ISS-55/56 continues in the Yuri Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Center.

Published on February 14, 2018

Today, for a crew of cosmonauts "Roscosmos"

Andrei Borisenko,

Nikolai Chub

and NASA astronaut Cristina Koch,

a three-day training session was completed to test the actions after landing in the wooded and swampy terrain in winter.

The conditions of such training assume complete isolation of the crew from the external environment. But yesterday, February 13, instructors, providing "winter survival", made a brief exclusion for a while, allowing the representatives of Russian media to watch the trial.

Published on July 24, 2014

The cosmonauts had to spend two days in the desert, during which time they worked the following actions:
- choice of location for the camp;
- construction of the camp;
- deployment of portable emergency stock;
- the construction of a primary shelter using a parachute of descent vehicle, lodgements and portable emergency stock;
- construction of the main shelter;
- collection of water;
- First aid.

Old February 19th, 2018 #69
Ray Allan

Progress MS-08 lifted off in slightly overcast weather. What is impressive is Roskosmos will launch in a snowstorm like Soyuz TMA-22 did in November 2011. I can't see NASA ever doing that. Of course it very rarely if ever snows in Florida. In November 1969 Apollo 12 launched in a rain storm and was struck by lightning! The Soyuz rocket and launch system and launch parameters are more robust than many American rockets, but the Soyuz rocket was derived from the R-7 ICBM, so it had to be tougher than the Apollo Saturn V rocket or the Space Shuttle.

It is too bad the Soviet space shuttle 'Buran' made only one flight before it was cancelled, it might have been able to lift off in a snowstorm. (Alex Him will understand this joke).

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old February 21st, 2018 #70
Alex Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
It is too bad the Soviet space shuttle 'Buran' made only one flight before it was cancelled, it might have been able to lift off in a snowstorm. (Alex Him will understand this joke).
Yes, I do.
"Буран" in Russian is a kind of snowstorm in the steppe.

Old February 26th, 2018 #71
Ray Allan

Old February 26th, 2018 #72
Alex Him

Smile

Published on September 12, 2014

Aleksandr SKVORTSOV

Oleg ARTEMYEV

Steven Ray SWANSON

Old March 10th, 2018 #73
Alex Him

Smile

Published on March 5, 2018

On March 4, 2018, the main and backup crews of the transport manned spacecraft Soyuz MS-08 arrived at the Baikonur cosmodrome for the pre-launch preparation for space flight.

The launch of the transport manned spacecraft Soyuz MS-08 by the Soyuz-FG carrier rocket is scheduled for March 21, 2018 from site #1 (Gagarin start).

Published on March 6, 2018

On March 5, 2018, at the Baikonur cosmodrome, the crew of the transport manned spacecraft "Soyuz MS-08" started the final stage of preparation for space flight. Cosmonauts and astronauts tried fitting the Sokol-KV space suits and after testing for tightness they took places in their spacecraft. The crews checked the radio communication system, the laser rangefinder, got acquainted with the on-board documentation, studied the flight program and the list of cargoes planned for delivery to the ISS.

Old March 10th, 2018 #74
Alex Him

Smile

Published on March 7, 2018

0:02 - Women in Space.

0:09 - The first woman in space - Valentina Tereshkova.

0:11 - The world's first woman-cosmonaut and the only woman who made a single flight on June 16-19, 1963.

0:18 - Women-astronauts who are the first in their countries.

0:24 - USA - Sally Ride - The first American woman in space. Flight on the shuttle "Challenger" on June 18, 1983.

0:40 - Great Britain - Helen Sharman - The first UK astronaut. Flight on the Soyuz TM-11 spacecraft on May 18, 1991.

0:54 - Japan - Chiaki Mukai - The first woman astronaut of Japan. Flight on the shuttle Columbia on July 8, 1994.

1:07 - France - Claudie Haigneré - The first woman astronaut of France. The first flight on the Soyuz TM-23 spacecraft on August 17, 1996.

1:20 - Canada - Julie Payette - The first woman astronaut of Canada. Flight on the shuttle Discovery on May 27, 1999.

1:33 - South Korea - Yi So-yeon - The first woman astronaut of South Korea. Flight on the Soyuz TMA-12 spacecraft on April 8, 2008.

1:45 - China - Liu Yang - The first woman taikonaut of China. The flight on the ship "Shenzhou 9" on June 16, 2012.

1:58 - Italy - Samantha Cristoforetti - The first woman astronaut of Italy. Flight on the Soyuz TMA-15M spacecraft on November 23, 2014.

2:10 - Records of women in space.

2:14 - Svetlana Savitskaya - The first woman flying twice she performed spacewalks and welding.

2:22 - Eileen Collins - The first woman commander of the crew of the spacecraft Space Shuttle.

2:29 - Elena Kondakova - The first woman who made a long flight - 169 days.

2:38 - Peggy Whitson - The first woman commander of the ISS expedition, she has a female record for the total flight duration - 665 days.

2:46 - Elena Serova - The first Russian woman-cosmonaut flew to the ISS.

2:54 - Shannon Lucid - The first woman who performed five space flights.

3:01 - Sunita Williams - She made seven spacewalks.

3:08 - Anousheh Ansari - The first woman cosmic tourist.

3:14 - Women in space detachments.

3:17 - In space there were only 556 people.

3:21 - 60 are women. 496 are men.

3:27 - In space there were only 60 women.

3:32 -
USA - 46
USSR / Russia - 4
Canada - 2
Japan - 2
China - 2
Others - 4

3:37 - Women-cosmonauts of Russia and the USSR.

3:44 - Anna Kikina - She is trained in the detachment of cosmonauts Roscosmos.

Old March 14th, 2018 #75
Alex Him

Smile

Published on March 13, 2018

Published on March 14, 2018

Old March 22nd, 2018 #76
Alex Him

Smile

Published on March 17, 2018

Published on March 19, 2018

Published on March 21, 2018

Old March 22nd, 2018 #77
Alex Him

Smile

Published on March 21, 2018

Old March 22nd, 2018 #78
Alex Him

Smile

Published on March 19, 2018

Published on March 20, 2018

At the beginning of April in the Chilean capital, Santiago offers the international aerospace salon FIDAE - 2018, which involved the Roscosmos and the largest enterprise "TsENKI – spaceports of Russia".

Old April 12th, 2018 #79
Alex Him

Smile

Published on September 29, 2014

Published on October 10, 2014

Published on November 12, 2014

5:03 - Politicians need to learn from cosmonauts how to cooperate.

Old April 13th, 2018 #80
Ray Allan

Valentina Tereshkova was there, Alexei Leonov was not. But the man is 88 years old now.

Thread