Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 2nd, 2008 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default Svengali Loxists Help Us - Christian/Newsom Spoof Fools Tools from Here to Antipodes

Spears rep: Singer won't play Channon Christian

By Wayne Bledsoe (Contact)
Originally published 02:34 p.m., July 30, 2008
Updated 02:34 p.m., July 30, 2008

Singer Britney Spears

Britney Spears is not going to appear in a purported movie depicting the murders of Knoxvillians Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom. A spokesperson for Jive Records, Spears' record label, said there was absolutely no truth to the rumor.

Reports began circulating Monday after the information was posted as a news story on a Web site that features facetious and racially charged content. The post indicated that Spears and possibly Justin Timberlake (as Newsom) as well as rappers DMX and Lil' Wayne would appear in a movie called "Knoxville Carjacking Party." Information attributed to "gossip columnist Clarence Star" stated that Spears would play the lead role in the intense, sexually explicit movie.

While the original post was clearly bogus, the story began circulating on blogs and Internet gossip sites. By Wednesday morning, the story had spread to sites in England, Australia and New Zealand and was being treated as legitimate news. The Jive spokesperson said that the label had not been aware of this rumor, but false reports about Spears are "constantly" circulating and are hard to control.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/ju...non-christian/

Old August 2nd, 2008 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

Comments on story above:

24 Comments

Posted by rdipilla on July 30, 2008 at 3:51 p.m.

As if the families haven't been going through hell, now rumors about a sexually explicit movie about their hell surface. What sick person would even want to sign on to such a horrific film.

Posted by KY911 on July 30, 2008 at 3:51 p.m.

This is sickening... I pray to God a movie is never really made about this tragedy. It's painful enough for the people involved the first time around. But for someone to make light of it like this is cruel and heartless. Obviously the person that created the original "bogus" post has never lost someone they love to violence.

Posted by All_Vol_Girl_84 on July 30, 2008 at 3:53 p.m.

Probably one of those skin-head websites who want to make us all mad at African Americans...that's really sick.

Posted by non_croyant on July 30, 2008 at 4:09 p.m.

(This comment was removed by the site staff.)

Posted by KnoxvilleNativeMan on July 30, 2008 at 4:10 p.m.

in response to All_Vol_Girl_84

Good grief lady this has nothing to do with race. This has everything to do with the fact that this is wrong. The familys of the two kids should not endure anymore than they already have.

Posted by GeitaK33 on July 30, 2008 at 4:19 p.m.

That is the most horrific thing I have ever heard. Good thing it is just a rumor. I'm pretty sure that movie wouldn't exactly be supported by a particularly large and local theatre chain.

Posted by All_Vol_Girl_84 on July 30, 2008 at 4:19 p.m.

Um...I didn't say it did. I'm saying that there was a LOT of that going around after the murders. White Supremacists took it upon themselves to start websites like that to perpetuate the hate crime idea.

Posted by Etacovda_00 on July 30, 2008 at 4:19 p.m.

I'm not in any way for this movie being made, as I find it repulsive. But it is very likely this could happen unfortunately.

A number of years ago I lived outside of Richmond, VA and there were two young girls kidnapped.. and it didn't end well. There was a movie written and produced/made regarding this exact event. It was called "Kiss the Girls" starring Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman (which most people here may have seen).

They released the movie worldwide but didn't release it in the occuring city for some time.

Posted by Neil1030 on July 30, 2008 at 4:20 p.m.

Well thank Heaven. I thought the story sounded a bit bogus but then with all the sickness in this world, and in some of today's movies, who knows. I had to wonder when I did not read anything more about this on other entertainment sites. In any case, if word of this ever got to the families of those kids it must have been terribly upsetting.

Now I just hope the stories about a "Wichita horror" movie are incorrect, or that if such a film is really being planned that it will somehow be derailed.

Posted by All_Vol_Girl_84 on July 30, 2008 at 4:21 p.m.

in response to Etacovda_00

Wasn't Ahsley Judd in that as well?

Posted by spirit333 on July 30, 2008 at 4:34 p.m.

Thank Goodness! To even consider having someone like Ms. Spears play the role of Channon Christian shows how twisted Hollywood is.

Posted by Etacovda_00 on July 30, 2008 at 4:38 p.m.

in response to All_Vol_Girl_84

I forgot but yes she was - one of the Dr's I htink

Posted by chickwriter on July 30, 2008 at 4:51 p.m.

Kiss the Girls was based on a James Patterson novel.

Posted by wilsonl on July 30, 2008 at 4:59 p.m.

With all due respect to spirit333, this isn't about "twisted" Hollywood or Britney Spears. The "movie" is a hoax perpetuated by a racist Web site that undoubtedly used Spears' name to draw traffic. (Suddenly I'm reminded of that "Leave Britney alone!" video ...)

Posted by Etacovda_00 on July 30, 2008 at 5 p.m.

in response to chickwriter

Thanks Chickwriter - James Patterson wrote the novel in 1997. Coincidentally that happened to be the same year the story was unfolding:

http://www.wfls.com/News/FLS/2004/062...

Posted by knoxsingle on July 30, 2008 at 5:11 p.m.

Why give such a ridiculous rumor credibility by writing a story about it?

I can hardly wait for your next story about how Whoopi Goldberg will not be playing Mike Ragsdale in a movie.

Posted by dgarrett20 on July 30, 2008 at 6:10 p.m.

The first paragraph of the story should explain that the movie itself is a rumor and not just Spears playing her. Also, the headline draws people in giving the impression that there is going to be a movie. The second paragraph explains it, but bad journalism on KNS's part. Trying to get more readers by making it look like something it isn't. Shameful.

Posted by CelestialSoft on July 30, 2008 at 6:20 p.m.

I hear that Spears "allowance" is $750,000.00 PER MONTH, so if anyone wanted to REALLY do some good, they could honor Chris and Channon by giving to the scholarship funds. Again, if you pray, do so for these families. I know many are.

Posted by johgloh on July 30, 2008 at 7:21 p.m.

Everything about this is repugnant, from the rumor about a movie, to the idea of Britney being involved, to the racist notions behind it. Haven't the families and friends of this couple suffered enough without stuff like this on top of it?

Posted by MelvinSchmeltz on July 30, 2008 at 7:44 p.m.

Why did KNS feel the need to report this? You've only added to the rumor. Not very responsible journalism if you ask me.

Posted by Neil1030 on July 30, 2008 at 9:22 p.m.

If such a wretched movie were made they would have to "whitewash" it anyway since the true story is way too politically incorrect.

That was the case with the movie "Stuck" that was out this summer. Was loosely based on the case of a black woman who hit a homeless white man with her car, then left him stuck in her windshield for days without calling for help as he died an agonizing death. Some of her friends knew what happened too and they did nothing. Of course in the movie the woman is played by a white actress. Can you imagine the national outcry that would have followed if the races were reversed?

Posted by cleanlady on July 31, 2008 at 1:06 p.m.

I sincerely hope that this is a rumor and nothing more. The families have been through more than enough with this, and it isn't even over. There doesn't need to be a movie made about this at all. The bunch of slime that did this hasn't even been through court yet for what they did. This movie rumor or whatever needs to disappear and stay gone--even if it needs legal help to disappear.

Posted by garrisonsammy1 on August 1, 2008 at 11 a.m.

This is sooooo sick. The Christian family happens to be very dear to me , and I would greatly appreciate it if you people would get jobs that don't have anything to do during the day, but sit on your butts and write this crap. Enough is Enough!!!!!!!!

Stop responding to this mess. People lost their family members for Gods sake!

Posted by anxvillngaboi on August 1, 2008 at 4:12 p.m.

(QUOTE)
"But, while the Knoxville news is reporting that the emotionally disturbed and train wrecked former star Britney Spears, now, isn’t considering the lead role as Channon Christian in the forecoming gritty S&M flick, The Knoxville CarJacking Party, sources close to the production say its believed Brit failed to live up to the expectation performance in the film’s intense sex scenes."

http://tinyurl.com/5ma54c

Posted by et_vol_fan on August 1, 2008 at 8:29 p.m.

This is a truly disgusting rumor at the expense of the Newsom/Christian families and anyone of good taste for that matter.

This a horrific crime carried out by sick evil individuals and any thoughts of this carried out in cinema is repulsive and makes me sick to my stomach. I think the families should go after these rumor mongers in a civil court and see how funny it is.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/ju...non-christian/

Thread