Old August 16th, 2013 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default Non-White Terms for Whites

Learned these today, they are Hindi terms:

chutiya - means fucker. Just fyi.

According to someone on twitter:

Sathya Anand @AgentSaffron 5h

@AlexLinder5 'Gora' or 'firangi' refer to Whites. But they aren't slurs exactly though not used in polite conversation

Old August 16th, 2013 #2
varg

http://www.rsdb.org/races#whites

Old August 17th, 2013 #3
M.N. Dalvez

"Wai guo ren" - Mandarin for 'foreign (outside country) person' (-ren is the suffix for 'person', so 'Meiguo ren' for American, 'Aodaliya ren' for Australian...). However, this usually applies to 'Westerners', people of European descent, and not, say, Japanese people (who most Chinese hate far more than they hate any Westerner) or other ethnic Asians.

It isn't, as far as I can tell, derogatory.

"Lao wai" - also means, 'foreigner' ('old foreigner'), although this is a bit more ... informal. Usually used by young people to any non-Chinese (especially 'Western') person older than themselves.

I'm unsure how derogatory or not this is. It's worth mentioning that two words including the 'lao-' prefix, 'lao shi' and 'lao ban', ('teacher' and 'boss', or more accurately, 'proprietor'), both use the lao- prefix to indicate respect (teachers are respected in Chinese culture, although I really should say 'Han culture', and likewise for business owners.)

"Yang gui zi" - "foreign devil", although I've most often heard it applied to Japanese than Westerners. Basically, someone who goes to China to do bad things to the locals.

"Gwai lo" - Cantonese (southern Chinese language) for 'ghost man', as in, not really a person. This is highly derogatory.

Last edited by M.N. Dalvez; August 18th, 2013 at 07:27 PM.

Old August 17th, 2013 #4
M.N. Dalvez

As for 'chudhiya' and 'madachudh' and 'bahinchudh' ('motherfucker' and 'sister-fucker', respectively), they don't really have anything to do with the race of the target, they're just general highly insulting terms.

I learned a bit of Hindi abuse to properly address the chudhiya who always seem to want to call the house when we're just sitting down to eat dinner; the above, gandu (arsehole), suvr (pig), kuttiya (bitch - for the 'ladies' ) ...

Last edited by M.N. Dalvez; August 17th, 2013 at 12:28 PM.

Old August 17th, 2013 #5
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
@AlexLinder5 'Gora' or 'firangi' refer to Whites. But they aren't slurs exactly though not used in polite conversation
Investing those terms is quite informative as they seem to carry a lot of White (Aryan) history.

The term 'gora' has two relevant associations.

Gora Gora

Quote:
  1. Gora (clan), a clan of Jats found in north India
  2. Gora (racial epithet), or gaura, a Hindi and Indo-Aryan word for Europeans or a light-skinned person
With the regards, to the first association, the 'clan of Jat'

W Gora (clan)
Jat_people Jat_people

World_Jat_Aryan_Foundation World_Jat_Aryan_Foundation

Following many hyperlinks on those pages the common factor is north-east India and modern Pakistan which would be considered the home of the Indian branch of Aryans and all that that implies.

Gora (racial_epithet) #G

Quote:
A South Asian adjective for a yellow-skinned or light-brown person, whether from India, Pakistan or other regions. The word literally means "white" or "fair-skinned" in Indo-Aryan languages like Hindi and Punjabi.

The term 'firangi' ...

firangi firangi

Quote:
Firangi TV is a channel from the Sahara One Media, one of India's media giants based in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
The target audience for channel is aimed at 20-40 year olds residing in northern and western India.
Not sure if the word has a different meaning in this context. Either way, what makes the people of north-west India so distinct from the rest of India that they are targeted with different entreatment? Is this a race issue like in America where Whites and niggers have different tastes?

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/firangi

Quote:
(India, UK, Pakistan) A foreigner, especially a British or a white person.
The origin of the word may be related to Franks, which in the East, during the Middle Ages was used as a synonym for European. This would be similar the reason why "linga franca" (the language of the Franks) which really meant language of the Europeans, not the Franks.

Last edited by Tintin; August 17th, 2013 at 02:08 PM.

Thread