Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 2nd, 2022 #221
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking Thunder and lightning again

Another lightning strike and damage to some of the electronics on my boat during a wild thunderstorm offshore last week, I thought the fuckin stuff was lightning proof (jk)

I'm lucky that it wasn't a direct hit or myself and Buster (the little bait stealin canine I take out on the water with me) might have had to quickly jump ship, assuming the fully fuelled craft didn't explode and take us to Valhalla forthwith.

Most of natures havoc on my stuff seems to be limited to mini fuses and those tiny smd diodes you find on all mass produced circuit boards these days that are easily accessible after popping the covers off on my workbench. If I could only keep this dam dog away from the cables for the soldering station

Fucking Raymarine would have wanted my lung$ for these simple repairs on my radar and plotter if I would have sent 'em out, theyre out of warranty. Next year I'm buying new stuff and I'll probably go with Garmin again, Raytheon has eaten enough of my dwindling bank account along with a few of my male relatives during their employment with them ...

Old July 4th, 2022 #222
T.Garrett
Banned

Post more bad news ...

It seems that close lightning strike I mentioned also damaged the sonar transducer which is installed through the hull below the waterline so the boat is taking on a little H2O ...just a minute leak not more than my bilge pumps can handle (it drips) so I'm not gonna take the SS Fisher Price out of the water for repair until next weekend.

I might take one trip this week to see the NYC 4th of July fireworks tomorrow night from the harbor, but if I decide not to go I know a cozy spot on the Brooklyn shoreline to view the show and not take the chance of getting wet in shark infested waters.

Happy 4th y'all!

Old July 5th, 2022 #223
Ray Allan

Stay safe out on the water, Garrett. We don't want the SS Fisher Price becoming the SS Minnow.

(As long as you have Ginger and Mary Ann with you, of course. )

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Last edited by Ray Allan; July 5th, 2022 at 06:57 AM.

Old July 17th, 2022 #224
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking You asked for Ginger and Mary Ann

But we get fatass Mary

Vicky is cool tho, more bottom fishing ...

Last edited by T.Garrett; July 17th, 2022 at 02:48 AM.

Old July 17th, 2022 #225
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking modifications to the SS Fisher Price

Finally got my new transducer in and it's going in the boat tomorrow. The weather service is calling for unsettled weather Monday so I'll be out there testing out the new equipment grounding system I installed to ground all my schtuff at one point instead of in loops or daisy chains like the installers did at the factory.

Old July 17th, 2022 #226
Ray Allan

What man would not want to be marooned on a desert island with these two?

Ginger at 1:36, ooh, la, la.

Gilligan's fishing skills are not so great, however.

Old July 18th, 2022 #227
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking Fishing for Peacock Bass on Lake Ida FL

Old July 27th, 2022 #230
Ray Allan

Smile Brazilian beauty Luiza fishing with her friends

Old September 6th, 2022 #231
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking boat report

My Sea Ray iz finally back in the water so to celebrate I invited the girlfriend out with me for what turned into an all night test ride outside the inlet. After we threw the sea anchor over the side and made a pitcher of cocktails we were busy frolicking in the cockpit under the stars till we fell asleep if you know what I mean.

I should have done the repairs myself in the boat yard, if I had reckoned that it was gonna take the boat mechanic and his helper till Labor Day to get it done I would have saved myself the aggro and the money.

Old September 7th, 2022 #232
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking das boot

I've probably posted this before, but here it is all cleaned up. Itz raining now maybe I'll take more pics toward the end of the week when the weather clears and itz washed. I've added a new anchor winch plus Raymarine digital radar system and VHF radio. I wanted a bigger Sundancer heh heh but this is as big as I can go and still dock it in my backyard.

Last edited by T.Garrett; September 7th, 2022 at 08:08 AM.

Old February 11th, 2023 #233
Gladiatrix

Default Long Island man seriously burned after boat explodes in canal

"A Long Island man suffered serious burns and injuries when a boat he was riding on exploded in a canal on Thursday, local authorities said.

The dramatic scene was captured on video in Orowoc Creek canal in Islip shortly after 10:15 p.m. on Sunday night, The Islip Fire Department said.

Officials determined that a propane explosion had occurred onboard the sailboat, causing significant damage to the craft and trapping an occupant inside of the cabin underneath debris. The fire was already out by the time fire officials arrived.

Dramatic surveillance video footage of the blast, obtained by CBS News, shows the boat violently burst into flames while docked in the water, sending debris flying in all directions."

https://nypost.com/2023/02/11/long-i...0Metro%20Daily

Thread