VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 17th, 2005 #21
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Garrett
...........the 42 Dancer (Ive owned two Sundancers) in your previous post is also an awesome choice for an upscale family cruiser, but my alltime favorite puddle jumper is Hatteras ...look at this beautiful 68 C with enclosed flybridge...you are looking at one of the finest American-made pleasure craft available IMHO...but at the steep price tag they are asking for this sweet beauty, Ill have to be satisfied with my banged up Steiger and open cockpit Fountain for awhile, LOL!

The accomodations aboard this Hat are first class ...look at the fuckin hull design, she looks like one of the latest hi-tech blue water designs being built at Ingalls for the military, and she's outfitted with just about every imaginable type of sea-going electronics there is. Its the kind of boat Hemingway would have traded his beloved Pilar for in a heartbeat, if he had ever lived to see one. Exquisite ...
Cheers
Yes my dad used to talk up the Hatteras all the time. He had a 49 Pacemaker back when I was a wee tyke.

But here's another saying I got from my dad: "A boat is a hole in the water into which a man pours money."

As for Fountains, I am familiar with those as well. We were just swilling beer off the back of a biggie with twin bigfuckingblocks in it, dont know how big, it moves at a decent clip, a couple weekends ago, wife and kids and a few others. That is a fun boat, but yes, I would prefer a searay for family fun.

I just look at these things, I can't afford em. I told my wife to give it ten years. LOL

Old August 17th, 2005 #22
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking I got one too ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Ruffian
I got a Leatherman "Wave" a few Chritmases back that I'm still very pleased with. Supposedly it's not as sturdy as their more popular "PST" or "Supertool" but it has more tools on it. It's basically Leatherman's swiss army knife, but no corkscrew. The blades have very good locks on them, mine never failed under any kind of use. It folds up pretty small, just barely longer than your palm is wide.

Broke about a 2mm piece off one of the pliers' points because I was pulling and turning something gripped too close to the points, but it hasn't effected it's usefulness. I use it daily.

Mine's an older style than this Wave here, it has 5 screwdrivers but not the removable bits.
You have good taste too Border Ruffian..I love my Wave and when I'm working I always have it with me, along with either one of the two sturdy linelockers pictured below clipped somewhere.

I fucking lost a beautiful, one-of-a-kind made for me titanium frame folding knife (that was irreplaceable) at the Hells Angels MC 'Hellraiser Ball' on Long Island a few years back when a group of Pagans from the local LI chapter ripped the front doors off the place and swarmed in ..I heard that pop-pop of gunfire and knew the Nassau and NYC cops who I noticed outside doing surveillance were going to freek and call in the cavalry so I got the fuck outta there the second I read which way the fight was gonna go.

I went there to see Sonny Barger, past president of the HAMC Oakland CA chapter and biker legend who was there promoting his book about his life as an Angel an get a book signed for a buddy who is down and WTF?? ..most of these guys are in their 40’s and 50’s and older and I never expected this fucking bull-shit at a tattoo show, I don’t think the cops did either …I exploited that fact and the confusion to get my azz the fuck outta Dodge in one piece, unfortunately I lost that fucking knife and a few other goodies punching and kicking my way out of that place.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1839426.stm

I’ve never heard any negative stuff about the Wave being weak, mmmm ...never had a problem with it and as you can see Ive had it fer years.

the two linelockers, the modified tanto holds a nice edge but blemishes 'cause of the carbon steel

Cheers

Old August 17th, 2005 #23
T.Garrett
Banned

Thumbs up nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus Epiphanes
I dont have this piece but I can wish
Dig it AE, might this old HK93 with semi-auto trigger group (LOL) do?

a lot of guys don’t like this rifle ‘cause its heavy (pussies, LOL) and could be used to bash thru a cinderblock wall or a heavy door, but its German quality and always shoots for me with consistent accuracy …ammo being the limiting factor of course, as well as the user

Old August 17th, 2005 #24
T.Garrett
Banned

Thumbs up a thing of beauty, tis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid
Damn, those are some high end toys, Garrett. I'm a simple man, hence a 1941 Chris Craft Barrel Back is all I ask.

This little fucker has lines, don't it?
Damn, is it for sale?
Cheers

Old August 17th, 2005 #25
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Dig it AE, might this old HK93 with semi-auto trigger group (LOL) do?
a lot of guys don’t like this rifle ‘cause its heavy (pussies, LOL) and could be used to bash thru a cinderblock wall or a heavy door, but its German quality and always shoots for me with consistent accuracy …ammo being the limiting factor of course, as well as the user
Yeah that's a nice piece. For 308 my fave is the Springfield M1A but I have handled some pretty decent FALs. Doesnt that thing have a funny cylindrical rear sight on it? How do you like that?

Old August 17th, 2005 #26
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
the two linelockers, the modified tanto holds a nice edge but blemishes 'cause of the carbon steel

Cheers
I had a Leatherman and the tip of the pliers busted off. I called them and they told me to send it back. I mailed it back and they replaced it free of charge.

That tanto looks good. I like highcarbon steel blades because they can be resharpened. Resharpening stainless is a real pain in the ass. I dont bother buying good lockbacks anymore because they're always falling out of my pocket somewhere. Also it seems like there's fucking metal detectors everywhere I go anymore so I carry my irons lots less these days.

But you never know when I am or I'm not.....

Old August 17th, 2005 #27
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

OK Garrett let's see your sled now?

Old August 17th, 2005 #28
SMG3000
Wants Closer Ties to Iran

I've been wondering if a navy couldn't be created that was consisted mostly of fastboats loaded with a pilot mounted heavy machine gun and a shoulder-mounted rocket launcher?
If the boats were armor plated around the engines and the cab and all that, and the pilot were outfitted with 'body armor' too, wouldn't a fleet of those be able to hold off an invasion of a small island or beach?
The rocket launcher could take care of choppers and the machine guns could take on other boats. Perhaps an anti-ship missile could be mounted on each side of the fastboat to take on large ships?
Imagine if a single person could man such a fastboat by themselves, you could have SO many of these craft making up armadas. Perhaps they could hijack (just being theoretical of course!) oil tankers and cargo ships for fuel and extra supplies.

Old August 17th, 2005 #29
T.Garrett
Banned

Arrow German genius ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus Epiphanes
Yeah that's a nice piece. For 308 my fave is the Springfield M1A but I have handled some pretty decent FALs. Doesnt that thing have a funny cylindrical rear sight on it? How do you like that?
AE

HK’s is one of my favorites amongst iron sights …with this particular arrangement you can maintain your peripheral vision to a great degree while using it and the system becomes second nature after you use it a few times. ‘Dialing up’ the smallest aperture on the rear rotating drum is good to about 100 meters or so and the damn thing is simple as hell to adjust quickly in the field …just rotate the drum and look thru it ….the sight has simple windage adjustment as well.

looky, from HK

PS ...you can see Im having fun with my new digital camera, eh?

Old June 30th, 2018 #30
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking this summer

Blast from the past with buddy AE in it ...finally posted a pic of a sled.

Last edited by T.Garrett; June 30th, 2018 at 08:14 AM.

Old June 30th, 2018 #31
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Garrett View Post

Blast from the past with buddy AE in it ...finally posted a pic of a sled.
Is the babe on the right one of your friends, too?

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old June 30th, 2018 #32
T.Garrett
Banned

Cool Tempus fugit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
Is the babe on the right one of your friends, too?
Lol I'll never tell ...do you like brunettes that smoke Camel non filter cigs, use bourbon for mouthwash in the morning and ride motorcycles?

I still have the Leatherman WAVE that's in this thread but it's in a Kydex sheath now, the vintage HK rifle has an ACOG mounted on it, the linelock 'hunting knives' are still razor sharp, I gave the 05 stang to a nephew as a present, etc. I was looking through some old posts, the stuff cracks me up.

I guess I'm never going to change very much.

All my friends and associates know they can still bang on my door at 3 am and I'll always answer and let them in, I might get to it a lil bit slower nowadays but I'll sit and listen to whatever they have to say till dawn's early light and it will never go further than the kitchen table if they want it that way.

And believe me, some folks really 'bring it to me' man.

I used to think I was New York's version of Jim Goad's "Shit Magnet" but it's worse than that ...one of my ex's is laying in my bed not far from where I'm writing you this, she crash landed here yesterday with a story. I don't know why they always come back to me, nothing special about me.

I'm not the person to really commiserate with, I'm not particularly sympathetic or even nice.

It must be the back rubs

Old July 1st, 2018 #33
Ray Allan

Talking

Quote:
...do you like brunettes that smoke Camel non filter cigs, use bourbon for mouthwash in the morning and ride motorcycles?
I like this brunette better:

The weapons are fun toys, too.

Old July 2nd, 2018 #34
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
Is JMac's model your squeeze Ray Allan?

She's smokin hot

Old July 4th, 2018 #35
Ray Allan

Quote:
Is JMac's model your squeeze Ray Allan?
I wish.

Old July 4th, 2018 #36
RickHolland
Bread and Circuses

I don't use it or abuse it very often so the knife edge have been holding its sharpness and everytime I put my hands on it, it makes me feel glad that I bought it because you get so much quality and smoothness for the price and I like the classic design and how it doesn't look too big and agressive.

Only force rules. Force is the first law - Adolf H. http://erectuswalksamongst.us/ http://tinyurl.com/cglnpdj Man has become great through struggle - Adolf H. http://tinyurl.com/mo92r4z Strength lies not in defense but in attack - Adolf H.

Old July 11th, 2018 #37
Ray Allan

Ashley is fun to watch even in a blooper reel.

Old July 13th, 2018 #38
Ray Allan

Default Fucking cucks are everywhere, even in West Virginia

It seems that jew piece of shit Anthony Bourdain did an episode of his 'Parts Unknown' show with Ashley and Justin of JMac Customs. So fuck JMac Customs.

Old August 16th, 2018 #39
Ray Allan

Oh hell, how can I stay mad at Ashley?

Thread