VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 9th, 2009 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Alex Linder
Default Chevy: Camaros are for Queers!

GM pitches Chevrolet Camaro to gay men with beefcake video

UPDATE AT 6:05 P.M. ET: The videos have been yanked from YouTube, apparently in response to this post. See new item above with additional links.

For a local movie promotion a week ago aimed at gay buyers, General Motors' Chevrolet sponsored an Bumblebeeboyspg-horizontal online video on YouTube featuring the "Bumble Bee Boys in Briefs" -- a couple of buff "go-go boys" wearing only Speedo-type swimsuits with the letters CAMARO stitched across the behind. In the video, they are washing a Camaro.

It's an interesting marketing twist considering how dramatically the auto industry has backed away from blatantly using sex appeal to sell cars. In the 1950s, automakers never hesitated to plug their hot models with -- well, hot (female) models. They were aiming at male buyers and figured cheesecake would work. The trend died when women objected to being objectified, making today's gay beefcake appeal all the more interesting.

The video was produced to promote Chevrolet Gay Days at the Movies in Los Angeles, part of an ongoing outreach program to minority groups and the gay-lesbian-bisexual-transgender community. The movie was a screening of the new Transformers movie, chock full of GM vehicles including Bumblebee, a Camaro. Dave Barthmuss, a General Motors spokesman, said the promotion might surprise some "because you don't see it in the mainstream." The video was deemed to "make sense for this particular audience."

GM also uses tailored marketing to reach other groups, such as African-American and Asian-American buyers. A recent Asian-oriented event featured a meet-up around a catering truck dishing out gourmet specialties.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit.../07/68493856/1

Old July 9th, 2009 #2
Dan Allan

Dan Allan

Quote:
GM also uses tailored marketing to reach other groups, such as African-American and Asian-American buyers.
Why bother, MTV already does that for them!

Old July 9th, 2009 #3
Peer Fischer

Peer Fischer

Too bad, they're kind of cool looking.

Old July 9th, 2009 #4
Fred
Commie Killer

Fred

The reviews for the car are outstanding.

It is seems as though American marketing firms and there ideas are just plain offensive to White males no matter what the product is.

The White man is always seen in the poorest light while non Whites and women are the greatest.

I have no idea what GM was thinking with a promotion like that. It was an idiotic move.

But what does it matter anyway? With the new 41 mpg CAFE standards coming very soon, GM won't be able to sell this car to anyone anymore anyway.

Old July 9th, 2009 #5
Mack Bartlow

Mack Bartlow

Does GM think men who want a muscle car will now buy a 'Gay' car? I guess Mustang sales will increase.

Old July 9th, 2009 #6
Peer Fischer

Peer Fischer

The 2010 Mustang is great ...

And the new Challenger is fantastic but I think they seriously dropped the ball on the dash treatment, giving it stock inventory that look like they came from any other Dodge instead of a real special look ...

Actual interior

Concept car interior .. .what should have been

Old July 9th, 2009 #7
Mr Murray

Mr Murray

Every one knows that a 'real faggot' drives a Nissan Figaro.

Old July 9th, 2009 #8
Myles
Certified non-Kosher™

Myles

And then GM sits back and wonders why they're bankrupt.

Few things say "White American male" more than a Mustang or Camaro.

Frankly —and I know this is just my opinion— I think the new Camaros are ugly. Ford had a winner with the 60s retro Mustang and now everyone is copying.

Old July 9th, 2009 #9
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

Kind Lampshade Maker

Why doesn't GM marketing just try a more subtile approach? They could simply offer a Camaro SM complete with billy club-styled shifter, black leather interior with embedded spikes and perhaps a telescopic anal vibrator which protrudes from the seat commanded by a touch of a penis-shaped button- or lever.
For the more discrete, strategic color combinations and a vanity mirror on the driver's sunvisor could be options

Old July 9th, 2009 #10
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

Kind Lampshade Maker

Why doesn't GM simply market a Camaro simulator for those who can't afford the real thing:

Last edited by Alex Linder; July 10th, 2009 at 09:30 AM.

Old July 9th, 2009 #11
Matt Ferguson

Matt Ferguson

Jay Leno did a great video review of it. He loved it. http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/...ml?vid=1100101

Old July 9th, 2009 #12
Robert Bandanza
Banned

Talking

Not the IROC-Z28

Old July 9th, 2009 #13
George Witzgall

George Witzgall

I agree with myles, the mustang looks great, camaro looks boring. I like the styling on the concept car interior.

Old July 9th, 2009 #14
Metal Warrior
Leaving a bruise

Metal Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Murray View Post

I thought faggots liked Mazda Miatas...

Old July 9th, 2009 #15
George Witzgall

George Witzgall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Warrior View Post
I thought faggots liked Mazda Miatas...
I don't get it. we like all kinds of cars.

Old July 9th, 2009 #16
Frank Toliver
Formerly Cowboy Zeke

Frank Toliver

If I had a brand which I wanted to keep envied and praised, I would never market the car towards niggers, spics or any other trash group who cannot provide the image I would want for my cars. Maybe if I had an obnoxious, ugly shitbox which guzzled gas and fell apart quickly I would paint it pink, purple and gold, slap on 4 emergency tires to drive around on, and I would market it to niggers, otherwise no.

Also, anytime a company needs to cater to a minor demographic, you know they are in the shitter. No pun intended.

Fuck you hippie, you are the system.

Jews are not just a race or just a religion; they are a race who worship themselves religiously.

Last edited by Frank Toliver; July 9th, 2009 at 10:55 PM.

Old July 9th, 2009 #17
George Witzgall

George Witzgall

for some reason Ford was always targeting us fags. not sure why, but even ten years ago they were making commercials for a fag audience.

Old July 9th, 2009 #18
Oy Ze Hate
We're the Good Guys

Oy Ze Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Murray View Post

In GTA4 the moped is called the Faggio.

Rumored top speed: 69.

Old July 9th, 2009 #19
Rick Ronsavelle

Rick Ronsavelle

From 1999 to 2001, the CEO of Ford Motor Company was Jacques Asser.

Jacques_Nasser Jacques_Nasser

He gave a speech to a group of execs and remarked: "When I look out there I SEE TOO MANY WHITE FACES."

Boycott Ford

by Ed Cobb

When CEO’s talk, managers listen. When CEO’s at Fortune 500 companies say "Jump!" managers ask "How high?" When Jacques "Jack the Knife" Nasser, the CEO at Ford, says "Diversity!" managers say "Fire the old white guys!" And 33 old white guys who believe they were fired by Ford for the twin crimes of whiteness and manhood are mad as hell and they are not going to take it anymore. Free the FoMoCo 33!

The old white guys in question range between 41 and 61 years old. Sounds like me and my golfing buddies. All worked for the Ford Motor Company for somewhere between 11 and 36 years. Their common story includes excellent performance ratings throughout their careers. Those ratings began to change when Jac Nasser took over in 1998 and commenced his diversity jihad. Boycott Ford.

While looking into this story I learned some things about Nasser. He tends to refer to the Ford Motor Company as FoMoCo. Really, no kidding. FoMoCo. It has a condescending, faux hiphop ring to it that probably appeals to people with no clue. He also appears to love his nickname, "The Knife." It is his street name for when he is gettin’ down in the MBA hood; proves how tough he is.

Guys who want to be called by tough guy nicknames, especially guys in suits, tend to have other issues but that’s not my main point here. Anyway, think of him as "The Knife," anti-whit lord of the FoMoCo Clan and all around bad person. And he is dissin’ me and my old white boys, big time.

The 33 former Ford managers (Free the FoMoCo 33!) say they were sacrificed on the altar of PC. It seems their performance ratings all took the same sudden and mysterious turn for the worse after Jac’s Jihad began. You see, executives have their bonuses and their own continued employment tied to the achievement of "diversity goals." (Collectivist code word alert!) By a happy accident, their subsequent firings made room for promotions among the company’s minority and female employees. Lucky break, that. Lucky unless, of course, you are a 50ish white man who has paid his dues, worked hard, and done a good job and who can no longer support his family for the PC crime of success while white.

We have become accustomed to the code words of the totalitarian left. "Bipartisan" means do it my way or I’ll demagogue you in the media. "Risky scheme" means let me spend your money. "Mean spirited" means someone is rational rather than emotional. "For the children" means watch out, Bill of Rights, here we come again. "Harassment" means whatever she wants it to mean. And "diversity" means fewer whites. George Orwell was probably the visionary genius of the 20th Century and he nailed the totalitarians and their use of language before we ever heard of PC.

During their diversity, training seminars for top executives one of the lowlights is a videotaped message from Knife Nasser. During that address he says, "I do not like the sea of white faces in the audience and FoMoCo (See, I told you. He actually says FoMoCo!) must ensure that in the future the company reflects the broad spectrum of Ford’s customers." Boycott Ford.

Color balance might be a great way to choose a tie and equal representation of the sexes is a good idea if you are planning a dinner party but they strike me as singularly poor reasons to hire an engineer. But they are great reasons never to buy another car from these people. Boycott Ford. If he doesn’t like to see a sea of white faces why should we inflict one on him at his dealerships? Those Ford dealerships are another excellent reason to boycott their vehicles but that’s another story. As for me, my face is white, my money is green, and my car is ABF - anything but Ford. Boycott Ford.

Add to that the fact that you will be buying a car designed and engineered by someone chosen for his job based on some attribute other than his mathematical aptitude and mechanical reasoning ability. You think Ford transmissions are bad now? Boycott Ford.

Lord Nasser has a strategic plan called "Equitable Representation - Vision Objective." It outlines a drive to reduce the number of white males in various levels of management by anywhere from 17% to 34% between now and 2007. Boycott Ford. As David Murphy, the VP of Human Resources, says, "You aren’t going to do that by pleasing everybody, by having some kind of consensus." Or as another great HR guy cut from the same cloth once said, "You can’t make an omelet without breaking some eggs." That was Lenin. He’d fit right in at FoMoCo. Boycott Ford.

In the race toward their evil, phony diversity goals why should they stop at race and gender? The idea is to reflect "the broad spectrum of Ford’s customers," right? FoMoCo certainly has its share of stupid customers. Why not quotas for dopes? They would have a natural mentor in the HR VP. Boycott Ford.

As you probably guessed, I intend to Boycott Ford. The first car I ever bought was a 1960 Ford Galaxy. The rear right quarter panel had been smashed in a collision and I got it for $100 as an 18 year old kid in 1970 with my first paycheck from working construction. I loved that vehicle. It is tough to leave old loves behind but I will never buy another Ford. Not until Nasser is corporate history. Not until the FoMoCo 33 receive justice. Free the FoMoCo 33! Not until Ford judges their employees by the content of their personnel files and not the color of their faces. Boycott Ford.

I won’t take one as a rental. I won’t cheer for Mark Martin. Sorry, Mark. I intend to root for the hit men in the Charger (Go Dodge!) the next time I watch "Bullitt." Sorry, Steve. And no more "Mustang Sally." Sorry, Mr. Pickett, but evil is evil. Boycott Ford.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/e-cobb4.html

Join me. Boycott Ford!

Old July 9th, 2009 #20
McKinley
coast to coast WN

McKinley

I like the side view of the new camaro it reminds me of my 67.

Kentckyanna True News

"What do you expect? All we got on this team are a bunch a Jews, spics, niggers, pansies -- and a booger-eatin' moron!"

Tanner Boyle - short stop for the Bad News Bears.

Tags
67 rs/ss best camaro, advertising, camaro, chevy, general motors, queers

Thread