VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 14th, 2007 #41
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1235 View Post
Warsteiner is the Budweiser of Germany as Grolsch is the Bud of Holland. Heineken is overcarbonated without much flavor otherwise. Pilsner Urquel and Stella Artois are great lagers with awesome full flavor. Try a Corona/lime and a single malt/rocks in the other hand; sip back to back, prepare to see GOD........
Corona is bitter mexican pisswater ...the lime makes it more tolerable.

Dos Equis is decent beaner swill ...my fave hands down is Sam Adams lager.

Single malt Scotch is awesome, I drink it straight ....but I thought this thread was about beer ....

Old November 14th, 2007 #42
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Garrett View Post
Corona is bitter mexican pisswater ...the lime makes it more tolerable.

Dos Equis is decent beaner swill ...my fave hands down is Sam Adams lager.

Single malt Scotch is awesome, I drink it straight ....but I thought this thread was about beer ....
I never drink hard liquor of any sort. I'm a big guy, and I get mean.

I'm a happy drunk on beer! (Although I rarely imbibe past the point of slight intoxication these days...The hangovers do indeed "hurt more than they used to")

I'm not a fan of Corona. Never was. Corona has a good marketing dept, and that's about it.

Dos Equis is indeed better, but not by much. Simpatico is decent beer, I think it's from Mexico. I haven't had (or seen one) in years.

I've got a couple of bottles of Samuel Adam's Boston Lager in the fridge as I write. I usually drink ales, but when I want a lager more often than not it's a Sam Adams.

I've recently discovered Summit brewing's line of beers out of Wisconsin. Some of the best American beer I have sampled in a long time. I'm going to review their "Extra Pale Ale" later this week.

Last edited by Donnie in Ohio; November 15th, 2007 at 05:23 AM.

Old November 23rd, 2007 #43
Scott Allen
Vote against ZOG

John Smith's bitter tastes great I have only just discovered it.

Old November 24th, 2007 #44
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Allen View Post
John Smith's bitter tastes great I have only just discovered it.
I've never seen it. Is it domestic or an import?

Old November 24th, 2007 #45
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Default Summit Brewing Company's India Pale Ale

Achtung VNN beerophiles!

Summit doesn't brew good beer.

Summit brews great beer.

I want to get that out of the way right from the start.

The brewery, started in 1986, is located in St. Paul, Minnesota. Saint Paul must be the patron Saint of hops and malt.

I've recently just discovered this brewery, as it's new to my region. I have tried a number of their ales, along with their pilsner offering. They have all been world-class.

Summit Brewing Co's India Pale Ale pours the color of strong Iced Tea in the chilled pub glass. The minimal head is cream colored, and quickly dissipates to a light skim that remains to lace the glass all the way down.

Nice.

The initial aroma is noble hops, (Northern Brewer & East Kent Golding are used for bittering, Dry-hopped with whole hop flower East Kent Golding) spicy and with a trace of citrus. A slight "warm biscuit" aroma is also there.

The taste is full bodied, with the malt playing the perfect subdued-but-there low note for the big hoppy bitterness that finishes Gobi Desert dry. Making you really want another.

This stuff is like crack, without the niggers.

Not that I smoke crack.

It's called a metaphor, you public school graduate bastards.

But I digress.

Mouth feel is very light, (2-row pale malt is used) and non-coating.

6.4% ABV, so like all true IPAs, it packs a noticeable non-Bud Light kick.

12.99 for the "Holiday Pack" that includes 3 India Pale Ales, 3 Extra Pale Ales, 3 Winter Ales and 3 Pilsners.

WWW.SUMMITBREWING.COM

Old December 21st, 2007 #46
Ty Grant

Default New Hobby

since I moved i have not been able to pick up on my hobby of brewing beer... But soon i'll be. since i moved i was short on supplies so from the beging is just got what they sent me for my first brew:
crystal malt grain
cascade hops
some syrup
ect...

However i have been trying some of this beer they been selling at the Jewle.. its from a oregon micro brewy??? dead goo ale it has a skeleton sitting on an old wooden keg very cool, i collect beer bottles from micro brewss... BUT WHEN EVER POSSIBLE TRY TO GET MICRO BREWS FROM AMERICAN MICRO BREWERIES

Old December 21st, 2007 #47
TwistedCross
Smart Ass White Boy

sounds like beer from Rouge brewery

Some of their stuff is pretty good

VNN: for entertainment purposes only.

Old December 21st, 2007 #48
Ty Grant

Default Nailed

YOU NAILED IT! THATS THE STUFF. AND YEA ITS GOOOOOD!

Old December 25th, 2007 #49
SidW UK
Banned

I love to drink Guinness, but it don't half pile on the pounds. I don't know if you have what we call Real Ale in the US (stuff like bitter beer) but I know you have Guinness. I will be visiting the Orlando FL in mid January and will very soon be sampling large amounts of US beer. I only hope it is better than what I tried on my usual vacations in Spain!

Advice on the best beer in Florida would be greatly appreciated!

Old December 25th, 2007 #50
Karen Z.
VNNr since '05

In my humble opinion, they don't make a beer in the states. Unless it's micro-brew. IN fact most of us yearn for the day they will get to sit down in a real irish pub and have a nice bitter ale..

Old December 25th, 2007 #51
Marse Supial
Creepy-Ass Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fur&loathing View Post
In my humble opinion, they don't make a beer in the states. Unless it's micro-brew. IN fact most of us yearn for the day they will get to sit down in a real irish pub and have a nice bitter ale..
Samuel Adams passes for beer. It ain't quality, but it's the best large scale domestic.

GREL

Old December 25th, 2007 #52
SidW UK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fur&loathing View Post
This is not good news, IMHO there is huge amounts of great Ales to be found throughout the British Isles and Éire too. Spain was disapointing but it was easy enough to find pubs or bars that sold beer imported from the UK. Guinness is a drink I've never been disappointed with wherever I've drank it, whether brewed in Dublin or London, it is always great, unfortunately it does put weight on yer!

Cheers for the advice Comrade.

Old December 25th, 2007 #53
ngrh8r
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Lee View Post
Samuel Adams passes for beer. It ain't quality, but it's the best large scale domestic.

GREL

Sam Adams is ok, but the idea of paying import prices for mass-produced American beer makes me mad.

Old December 25th, 2007 #54
Karen Z.
VNNr since '05

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Lee

GREL

Sam Adams is ok, but the idea of paying import prices for mass-produced American beer makes me mad.
Especialy considering the company is owned by a jew.. aannd,,,NIGGERHATER NICE TO SEE YA BACK BUDDY!!!

Old December 25th, 2007 #55
Marse Supial
Creepy-Ass Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrh8r View Post
I agree. I usually drink Guinness or Bass Ale if I'm drinking beer. But I live in a rural area of Mississippi and the good stuff isn't always available.

GREL

Old December 26th, 2007 #56
Ty Grant

I enjoy a great micro brew just because its the principle behind the matter!

Old December 26th, 2007 #57
Jane_Doe#5

I dont really like many mass-produced beers, from here in the US.
Theres a little brewery called Three-Rivers in Farmington NM that makes Hop-Scotch Ale, which is really good, and another somewhat-mass-produced micro called Old Dominion, which is a really excellent barley-wine style beer. Its available more on the east coast, I think.

NOBAMA '08

Old December 26th, 2007 #58
McKinley
coast to coast WN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidW UK View Post
I love to drink Guinness, but it don't half pile on the pounds. I don't know if you have what we call Real Ale in the US (stuff like bitter beer) but I know you have Guinness. I will be visiting the Orlando FL in mid January and will very soon be sampling large amounts of US beer. I only hope it is better than what I tried on my usual vacations in Spain!

Advice on the best beer in Florida would be greatly appreciated!

BAWHAHAHAHAHA

Kentckyanna True News

"What do you expect? All we got on this team are a bunch a Jews, spics, niggers, pansies -- and a booger-eatin' moron!"

Tanner Boyle - short stop for the Bad News Bears.

Old December 28th, 2007 #59
SidW UK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKinley View Post
BAWHAHAHAHAHA
WTF?

Old December 28th, 2007 #60
McKinley
coast to coast WN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidW UK View Post
WTF?
Here is what i was talking about Sid. American beers for the most part suck, Sierra Nevada is pretty good though.

Quote:
I will be visiting the Orlando FL in mid January and will very soon be sampling large amounts of US beer. I only hope it is better than what I tried on my usual vacations in Spain!

Kentckyanna True News

"What do you expect? All we got on this team are a bunch a Jews, spics, niggers, pansies -- and a booger-eatin' moron!"

Tanner Boyle - short stop for the Bad News Bears.

Last edited by McKinley; December 28th, 2007 at 10:55 AM.

Tags
beer, small breweries

Thread