VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 2nd, 2022 #25
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking Thunder and lightning again

Another lightning strike and damage to some of the electronics on my boat during a wild thunderstorm offshore last week, I thought the fuckin stuff was lightning proof (jk)

I'm lucky that it wasn't a direct hit or myself and Buster (the little bait stealin canine I take out on the water with me) might have had to quickly jump ship, assuming the fully fuelled craft didn't explode and take us to Valhalla forthwith.

Most of natures havoc on my stuff seems to be limited to mini fuses and those tiny smd diodes you find on all mass produced circuit boards these days that are easily accessible after popping the covers off on my workbench. If I could only keep this dam dog away from the cables for the soldering station

Fucking Raymarine would have wanted my lung$ for these simple repairs on my radar and plotter if I would have sent 'em out, theyre out of warranty. Next year I'm buying new stuff and I'll probably go with Garmin again, Raytheon has eaten enough of my dwindling bank account along with a few of my male relatives during their employment with them ...

Thread