VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 9th, 2009 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default Taco Bell's 1/2-lb. burritos for $1.99

This is a true scam of genius, genuinely beautiful in its simplicity.

Taco Bell earlier this year was pushing its "89c burritos."

Now it's pushing the exact same burritos as "1/2 pound burritos" for more than double the price.

Sheer genius!

Old October 10th, 2009 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

To round out the scam, TB is now pitching a nigger taco for 89 cents.

Old October 10th, 2009 #3
BryanVP
Seņor Member

Are those the ones with watered down cheese, rice, and potatos? All that is definitely worth 3.99lb.

Old October 10th, 2009 #4
BryanVP
Seņor Member

Nigger tacos are only 79 cents here.

Old October 10th, 2009 #5
Alex Linder
Administrator

I'm telling you that, far as I can tell, the old burritos, which were fair value at .89c, if you were hungry at 2am and nothing else open, are EXACTLY THE SAME SIZE as the new half-pounders that cost $2 apiece.

Old October 10th, 2009 #6
albion

Default Thinking Outside the Bun

BLACK JACK TACO - 89c
http://www.tacobell.com/blackjacktaco/

Half Pounders
http://www.tacobell.com/halfpoundburritos/

All that greasy Mexican food makes Jack a dull boy.

Old October 10th, 2009 #7
Alex Linder
Administrator

Come on, I want someone to tell me I'm wrong, and prove it.

Old October 10th, 2009 #8
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Come on, I want someone to tell me I'm wrong, and prove it.
So this is what? Taco Bellism you're promoting? Why don't you do the scientific experiments like weighing the products and get back with us on your findings? And why are you looking for a fight?

I don't eat out these days unless I"m on the road.

Old October 10th, 2009 #9
Mike Parker

"True genius, Mexican style."

Old October 10th, 2009 #10
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTPTT View Post
So this is what? Taco Bellism you're promoting? Why don't you do the scientific experiments like weighing the products and get back with us on your findings? And why are you looking for a fight?
Um...because I don't give a shit? I'm not looking for a fight, I made an offhand observation that I think is true, but might be wrong. I'd be interested if someone has proof that the old .89c burritos (which i think are no longer offered) are in fact the exact same size/weight as the new 1.99 half-pounders.

Quote:
I don't eat out these days unless I"m on the road.
That's very Jesuslike of you, and I'm sure will speak well when you and god are perusing the Giant Book of Tony's Weird Behavior on the day of judgment.

Old October 10th, 2009 #11
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Parker View Post
"True genius, Mexican style."
No Mexican thought of that, I'd bet anything.

Our wildlife discussions elicited the fact that a hell of a lot of WN know nothing about economics and indeed exhibit a '30s-style commie boilerplate in denouncing evil predatory land-raping corporations.

Corporations, in my life time, taking the tiny example of tacos, have brought us

- shells that don't crumble

- shells that don't fall over.

Yeah, now, what has government done for us in that entire period?

Government has given us not a single improvement in our lives equal even to two tiny corporate improvements in taco shells.

Faith in Government 'n' his son Regulation is the real religion of our times, and goddam it is as dumb as jebooism, as baseless as jebooism, as ugly as jebooism.

Old October 10th, 2009 #12
albion

A Jew For Jebus

Last edited by albion; October 10th, 2009 at 04:32 PM.

Old October 16th, 2009 #13
thomasdixonjr

Default Here's the scam.

For a little money, white america can divorce themselves from the fast food culture. I never eat in an establishment that has nigger cooks or waitresses.

NEVER. Why take the risk of adulteration? Most chimps have it in for whites.

I cooked up some pork steak and small white beans from scratch, not light on the pork, and I can have meals for days. It cost me under five dollars.

So eat healthy at home, know exactly what is going into your food, and as a bonus save money.

Thos.

Old December 29th, 2009 #14
Mike Parker

Question

Quote:
As you know, the Drive-Thru DietŪ menu is not a weight-loss program. It’s about making different choices. For me, I didn’t want to cut out my fast food so I started choosing Fresco items from the Drive-Thru DietŪ menu and making other sensible choices. I reduced my daily calorie and fat intake by 500 calories to 1250 calories a day, and, after two years, I ended up losing 54pounds! These results aren’t typical, but for me they were fantastic!
http://drivethrudiet.com/christinesstory

Old December 29th, 2009 #15
Mr Murray

Quote:
No Mexican thought of that, I'd bet anything.

Our wildlife discussions elicited the fact that a hell of a lot of WN know nothing about economics and indeed exhibit a '30s-style commie boilerplate in denouncing evil predatory land-raping corporations.

Corporations, in my life time, taking the tiny example of tacos, have brought us

- shells that don't crumble

- shells that don't fall over.

Yeah, now, what has government done for us in that entire period?

Government has given us not a single improvement in our lives equal even to two tiny corporate improvements in taco shells.

Faith in Government 'n' his son Regulation is the real religion of our times, and goddam it is as dumb as jebooism, as baseless as jebooism, as ugly as jebooism.
So why do you call the pricing of the "new" half pound taco a scam? Is the government forcing you to buy them? If it's overpriced take your business elsewhere.

Old December 29th, 2009 #16
COTW
Overseer

Quote:
Taco Bell earlier this year was pushing its "89c burritos."

Now it's pushing the exact same burritos as "1/2 pound burritos" for more than double the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Murray
So why do you call the pricing of the "new" half pound taco a scam?
It's fairly self evident why he's calling it a scam. Just because he's aware of it doesn't lessen the matter.

What if you noticed that a product you bought last week at the grocery store had new packaging this week with a big "New Value Size!" printed on it yet was actually 1 or 2 ounces less in weight and still the same price. Would you keep that information to yourself and quit buying it or would you tell everyone that you know that might have interest in that fact?

"The very aim and end of our institutions is just this: that we may think what we like and say what we think."

-Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Old December 29th, 2009 #17
Mr Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by COTW View Post
It's fairly self evident why he's calling it a scam. Just because he's aware of it doesn't lessen the matter.

What if you noticed that a product you bought last week at the grocery store had new packaging this week with a big "New Value Size!" printed on it yet was actually 1 or 2 ounces less in weight and still the same price. Would you keep that information to yourself and quit buying it or would you tell everyone that you know that might have interest in that fact?
The 89 cent taco was a loss leader product.

Loss_leader Loss_leader

Now that they've returned the price to a profitable level and used a little marketing to soften the blow you call that a "scam"???

Any free-marketeer/libertarian/no-regulation capitialist calling this a scam is a hypocrite. The sellers can set their price and the buyers can keep their wallets closed and walk away.

Old December 29th, 2009 #18
COTW
Overseer

Fast food doesn't do loss leaders, that's grocery store marketing.

I haven't eaten at Taco Bell in years and when I did I stuck with the plain hard tacos; I hate all that sour cream crap in my food and all that brown mush.

Anyways, I assumed Alex knew what he was talking about and gave him the benefit of the doubt on this trivial issue. That is until now. I gave the Taco Bell website a visit and within seconds found out the difference between the two.

1/2 lb. Burrito $1.99
double portion beef, cheese sauce, tomatoes, sour cream, red strips(red peppers?) - in a tortilla

5 layer burrito $0.89
ground beef, beans, cheddar cheese, sour cream, nacho cheese sauce - in a tortilla

So there, scam debunked.

"The very aim and end of our institutions is just this: that we may think what we like and say what we think."

-Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Old December 29th, 2009 #19
Frank Toliver
Formerly Cowboy Zeke

You assholes, now I want tacos.

Fuck you hippie, you are the system.

Jews are not just a race or just a religion; they are a race who worship themselves religiously.

Old December 30th, 2009 #20
Mr Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by COTW View Post
Fast food doesn't do loss leaders, that's grocery store marketing.
Eh?

Never heard of the "Burger Wars" then?

Quote:
McDonald's plans to take a big bite Big Bite out of the Big Mac's price.

If the majority of the company's franchisees approve the new promotion today, prices of Big Macs and several other sandwiches could drop to 55 cents each for anyone who buys any size fries and a drink, too.

That could spark a price war among fast-food chains, reminiscent of the feeding frenzy caused by Taco Bell's introduction of its low-pricing menu in the late 1980s.
Quote:
Although fries and drinks have higher profit margins that will offset the loss leader, a high sales volume is critical.

Thread