VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 21st, 2005 #41
Hadding

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin
I don’t deny that he had Christian roots, but it seems you are saying he was a race traitor purely because of Christianity. I say that is not the case. He was a clear race traitor, and all the pictures are of the same non-white wife.
I am saying that it may not have occurred to him that he was a race-traitor. The only strong traditional racial taboo in the South is against mixing with Blacks, and for some reason "Hispanics" are assumed not to be Black.

The FBI in its crime reports still lumps "Hispanics" in with Whites. You expect a hillbilly to be more racially sophisticated than the FBI?

Last edited by Hadding; November 21st, 2005 at 01:06 PM.

Old November 21st, 2005 #42
Hadding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelhaken
You know damn well Black Nationalist James Brown didn't think Cash's ideas on chord progressions were "super hip." He was delighted at the appeasement and concessions, the tax base stolen from Whites and handed over to blacks that Cash was advocating.

You call it oversimplification on my part, I call it willful obtuseness on yours.
"Social" covers a lot more than miscegenation. Cash may have expressed some notion about prison reform, or illiteracy, or drug abuse, or war. Niggers can relate to most of that.

Last edited by Hadding; November 21st, 2005 at 02:34 AM.

Old November 21st, 2005 #43
Subrosa
Banned

Southerners practically absorbed the indian population.

Old November 21st, 2005 #44
SUNOFSPARTA
MIA

JC made a bundle with a song called the "Ballard of Ira Hayes" in the 70's.

It was about a Indian who was at Iowa Jima during the raising of the flag.

Trouble was-Ira was a drunk and nothing more after the war......and the bunch of Marines who actually did raise the flag,did so before Ira and his gang got there.

It seems a Jewish camera man "later" re staged the raising of the flag(when the shooting was over) and old Ira showed up with some other guys to get into the picture.

Bottom line -the flag raising on Mt Kerobichie at Iowa Jima during WWII(The USMC's symbol) is a second rate Jewish fake too;just like many past supposed "historical" events that are re written,re scheduled and re done to suite the old Jewish/black/Indian agenda.

Old November 21st, 2005 #45
uppinatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelhaken
No wonder Uppi is frustrated with you. I know he's about as stable as a decaying plutonium rod, but you do have a tendency to be willfully obtuse.
Thanks. For both.

Old November 21st, 2005 #46
Hadding

Quote:
Originally Posted by uppinatta
Thanks. For both.
I wouldn't mind being called stubborn. I certainly am stubborn, but I am not unreasonable. You have to show me with valid reasoning or pertinent evidence that I am wrong, otherwise you are not going to influence me. Obtuse is just insulting.

Old November 21st, 2005 #47
Alex Linder
Administrator

Cash lent a manly resonance to run of the mill mawkish libshit - hear Ballad of Ira Hayes, about a poower soower injun alky who Defended Our Country, yet whose country proved unworthy of him in his Time of Need.

Cash had a great voice, I think that's undeniable. I particularly like his cover of "Hurt," the Nine Inch Nails song.

Old November 21st, 2005 #48
Hadding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder
Cash lent a manly resonance to run of the mill mawkish libshit - hear Ballad of Ira Hayes, about a poower soower injun alky who Defended Our Country, yet whose country proved unworthy of him in his Time of Need.

Cash had a great voice, I think that's undeniable. I particularly like his cover of "Hurt," the Nine Inch Nails song.
It's not just his voice. He really was a great poet, in spite of everything about his life that is wrong.

Cash wasn't the only one who made the awful transition from songs that conveyed Southern pride to songs that praised the wronged non-White. Misplaced sentimentality about Injuns, btw, goes way back; that is probably why we had the Indianhead nickel and the Indianhead cent in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

Lester Flatt recorded an awful song in the early 70s called "Reuben James," about a nigger. There are some other country songs like that from that period that come to mind. Tom T. Hall's "Old Dogs, Children, and Watermelon Wine," and another of which the title escapes me.

I think a lot of Southerners lost their bearings and their pride in the 70s, after the humiliation of the South with forced racial integration.

Last edited by Hadding; November 21st, 2005 at 09:21 PM.

Old November 30th, 2005 #49
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadding
It's not just his voice. He really was a great poet, in spite of everything about his life that is wrong.
Cash wasn't the only one who made the awful transition from songs that conveyed Southern pride to songs that praised the wronged non-White. Misplaced sentimentality about Injuns, btw, goes way back; that is probably why we had the Indianhead nickel and the Indianhead cent in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Lester Flatt recorded an awful song in the early 70s called "Reuben James," about a nigger. There are some other country songs like that from that period that come to mind. Tom T. Hall's "Old Dogs, Children, and Watermelon Wine," and another of which the title escapes me.
I think a lot of Southerners lost their bearings and their pride in the 70s, after the humiliation of the South with forced racial integration.
I saw the film, and the music really moved me. I don't have much in common with half-breed "hillbilly southernors" who become big music stars and pill-addicts, but his music about man-woman stuff really resonated with me.

As for all the Injun-sentimentality stuff, I think lots of Whites displace their own feeling of being an "oppressed native" or an "endangered species" on to Indians aka "Native Americans." Can you honestly say you've not wished we had a few "Sitting Bulls" of our own?

Re that Cash Injun album "Bitter Tears--" One of the titles? "Vanishing Race." That US. Betrayed by the US government? That's US. I could go on with the analogy but you get my drift.

Old November 30th, 2005 #50
New Order

Cash sang this song:
Quote:
WHITE GIRL

(Peter La Farge)

I am stunned and I am broken and my head is in my hand

For she who said she love me will not wed an Indian man

My Gods who were wild ridden stand quiet by my side

For although I loved her she would not be my bride

Oh goodbye softly sweet one it was splended while it ran

Goodbye my bitter white girl I'll forget you if I can

She came up to the pueblo with her bright blonde hair

They told me not to love her but I did not care

She took me to her parties she carried me around

And I was a proud one the tallest man in town

For I found great wonder all wrapped in brilliant dreams

I held her strong but gentle as kings have held their queens

I learned to drink strong whiskey as she took me here and there

Until life without my whiskey I could not bear

Oh goodbye softly sweet one...

[ guitar ]

Well when she came to leave me she took me by the arm

And she said she loved me and would not do me harm

But she would not marry not an Indian she said

She thanked me for my offer and I wished that I was dead

Now I'm back among my people and they are kind to me

Although I'm sad with staggers when I drink that tough whiskey

For I've been a white girl's pet a captive Indian

Shown off and discarded just a drunk who might have been

Oh goodbye softly sweet one...

Goodbye softly sweet one...
And in the song he co-wrote with Randy Scruggs and sang on an album with another country guy, the song is Passin' Thru, contains this verse:

Quote:
I have turned my back on hatred
Lyin', prejudice and greed

Old November 30th, 2005 #51
Hadding

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order
Cash sang this song:

And in the song he co-wrote with Randy Scruggs and sang on an album with another country guy, the song is Passin' Thru, contains this verse:
What I said, Southerners lost their pride and their bearings in the 70s.

I have had some questions about Earl Scruggs' wife and sons. His wife Louise Certain had been a bookkeeper in an accounting firm who supposedly helped Flatt and Scruggs' career a lot. Look at the kinky hair on Randy Scruggs; he did not get it from his father:

Regarding "White Girl": It's a lot easier to be cajoled into singing a song that you don't really believe than to write it yourself. The Showbiz Jews goad performers into doing a lot of stupid things. For example that ridiculous photo of Cash with the bandanna wrapped around his head. You think that was his idea? He's like a model who has been told how to pose, in his later recordings of other people's songs as much as in that photo.

Last edited by Hadding; November 30th, 2005 at 06:32 PM.

Old November 30th, 2005 #52
Sean Martin

You know he claimed to be a Christian but promoted the anti-Christian Jews and denied the most fundamental Christian teaching of ONE GOD. Even in jest or act a Christian wouldn’t do that or promote the multiple deity ideology. I would say his Christianity was in word only just to get the money. A lot of people who don’t know any better will promote a country singer just because he claims allegiance to a religion.

But in spite of everything I am looking forward to the movie. I will probably rent it from my white video distributor, but when I watch it I am going to watch it as a fiction. I doubt very seriously it mirrors the real life of Johnny Cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order
Cash sang this song:

WHITE GIRL

(Peter La Farge)

I am stunned and I am broken and my head is in my hand

For she who said she love me will not wed an Indian man

My Gods who were wild ridden stand quiet by my side

Old December 1st, 2005 #53
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Well it depicts him as a major drug abuser, which I understand is factual.

Compare this one song to the endless stream of miscegenation-promoting filth coming from the mass media productions today and it pales by comparison.

Also in the southwest there is an old tradition of illicit Indian-White sexual congress. That kind of thing tends to find its way into art one way or another. Obviously it was a major role in the creation of the mestizo masses of Mexico, and continues today. It even plays a role in North American Indian related fiction right up to this day with "Pocahontas" from Kike-Eisner's Disney.

Has anybody heard the traditional song "la LLorona?"

Old December 2nd, 2005 #54
brutus

Johnny's first wife and daughter at the beach circa 1957.

Old December 2nd, 2005 #55
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Talking Jumpin' Jesus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus
Johnny's first wife and daughter at the beach circa 1957.

Looks like Baby got fatback. lol!

Old December 10th, 2005 #56
VicVega

Here's a photo of Cash with his 4 daughters from Liberto, too me they look like typical mestizas/part-Indians. Vivien Liberto was from TX but was probably of Mexican mestizo background, and looked kind of weird being all her pics are from the 50s and whatnot. Back then being with Mexicans/Indians wasn't all that taboo, in fact it was romanticized...Marty Robbins had a smash hit back in the 50s, I can't remember the name of the song it goes "...El Paso, I fell in love with a Mexican girl..." As far as Cash, every single white American I've ever met in my life claims to be part Cherokee Indian...I don't buy anyone that says that unless they look like actual part Indians like Burt Reynolds, Wayne Newton, etc. Cash looks typically Scots-Irish, especially in his younger and slimer years he resembles Sean Connery with his dark hair and looks.

Old December 11th, 2005 #57
VicVega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadding
Check out Liberto in a Babelfish translation. You get a result with Spanish to English but not with Italian to English.

With the name Liberto, meaning something like Free, she could even be a Sephardic Jewess.
Internet translations aren't always accurate and reliable. I'm Spanish and I've never heard the surname Liberto, sounds Italian to me or as you said could be a name created by Sephardim, or even some names in Mexico and other Latin-American countries the peasant Indians misspelled the original given names. Also throughout Latin America you will find people who do not have Spanish names, both whites and non-whites. It's very common in Panama, Belize, Nicaragua, and parts of Honduras to find mud with English and other non-Spanish surnames.

Old December 11th, 2005 #58
JonGraziano

Quote:
"I can't remember the name of the song it goes "...El Paso, I fell in love with a Mexican girl..." "
Um, could the title possibly be 'El Paso'?

Old December 12th, 2005 #59
VicVega

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonGraziano
That's probably the name of it, my grandpa would know but he's old, senile, and out of state. It's Robbins' most famous song.

Old December 12th, 2005 #60
Sean Martin

http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/r...aso-11889.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonGraziano

Thread