VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 31st, 2009 #141
Sándor Petőfi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Witzgall View Post
wtf? you need some backup for your whacko theories, link to what the fuck you are talking about or else shut the fuck up.
Fag, fag, fag. See how this fairy blows his top whenever one mentions his fairy ways.

Quote:
I gave you 737,000 examples,
Is that supposed to impress me? Just so you know, you didn't give me 737,000 examples. You gave me a report of 737,000 instances of the words "such as me".

Quote:
including titles of newspaper columns.
Is that supposed to impress me?

Old March 31st, 2009 #142
Sándor Petőfi
Banned

Quote:
stfu dickhead.
Dickhead? I though you liked dickheads.

Quote:
I always crush you when we debate your silly challenges,
When did this ever happen, Georgie?

Quote:
why should this time be any different.
Ah, yes, aren't you the self-proclaimed "physicist" who attempted to apply conservation of linear momentum to a system acted upon by a net force, with all sorts of hilarious results. Search for "human catapult".

Old March 31st, 2009 #143
George Witzgall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sándor Petőfi View Post
Dickhead? I though you liked dickheads.
No, I crush them in debates.

Quote:
When did this ever happen, George. (btw: don't call me anything but "George", unless you want me to call you "sand in your vagina pedophile".)
oscar "fuck me" wilde ring a bell? bonobos engaging in homosexual acts as reported by authors you claimed supported your non-homosexual position ring a bell?

Quote:
Ah, yes, aren't you the self-proclaimed "physicist" who attempted to apply conservation of linear momentum to a system acted upon by a net force, with all sorts of hilarious results. Search for "human catapult".
As far as I know the simple analysis I provided was correct for an infinitely rigid springboard and a few other basic assumptions. If you want to revive the thread so you can point out the error of my ways be my guest.

Old March 31st, 2009 #144
Sándor Petőfi
Banned

Georgie Porgie doesn't know the English language. All Georgie Porgie can do is to appeal to the masses, and to authority, both of them logical fallacies. You see, if he did know something of the English language, he would know that "such as I" is an abbreviated form of "such as I am", and that "such as me", as it is commonly ("such as me" does have an archaic use) used is a nonsense.

It is a simple matter to settle from first principles, being that, since the object of the clause is individuals, not you, nor I, there is no reason to use the object pronoun me.

Does Georgie still deny that "for individuals such as I am" is correct? Would Georgie write, "for individuals such I know" or, "for individuals such as me know"? Eh, Georgie?

"She asked me for the gift me had bought her", eh, Georgie?

Quote:
PS: George is correct about the use of me and I. Although it sounds coarse, it would be correct to say 'my wife and me', rather than 'my wife and I'.
This is without meaning. Whether me or I is correct depends upon whether the pronoun is the object or subject of the sentence.

Quote:
The use of I in that context became part of the language during the 1800s because it was an affectation of Queen Victoria. The social elite of the British Empire copied the Queen and the cancer spread from there.
This is a nonsense, both grammatical and historical. I is a subject pronoun, and is required by the nominative case, just as the subject pronoun me is required by the accusative case. That none of you appears to have any idea of what case is, tells me that none of you has ever learned an Aryan language outside of English, be it Latin, German, or whatever.

Old March 31st, 2009 #145
Sándor Petőfi
Banned

Quote:
oscar "fuck me" wilde ring a bell? bonobos engaging in homosexual acts as reported by authors you claimed supported your non-homosexual position ring a bell?
That you lost those arguments and went off in a homo hissy fit, yes, that does "ring a bell".

Quote:
As far as I know
As far as I know you are a fraud who doesn't know mechanics from a guy in blue overalls tossing a spanner from hand to hand.

Old March 31st, 2009 #146
George Witzgall

Quote:
Georgie Porgie doesn't know the English language. All Georgie Porgie can do is to appeal to the masses, and to authority, both of them logical fallacies. You see, if he did know something of the English language, he would know that "such as I" is an abbreviated form of "such as I am", and that "such as me", as it is commonly ("such as me" does have an archaic use) used is a nonsense.

It is a simple matter to settle from first principles, being that, since the object of the clause is individuals, not you, nor I, there is no reason to use the object pronoun me.

Does Georgie still deny that "for individuals such as I am" is correct? Would Georgie write, "for individuals such I know" or, "for individuals such as me know"? Eh, Georgie?

"She asked me for the gift me had bought her", eh, Georgie?

This is without meaning. Whether me or I is correct depends upon whether the pronoun is the object or subject of the sentence.

This is a nonsense, both grammatical and historical. I is a subject pronoun, and is required by the nominative case, just as the subject pronoun me is required by the accusative case. That none of you appears to have any idea of what case is, tells me that none of you has ever learned an Aryan language outside of English, be it Latin, German, or whatever.

Too retarded to waste my time on. Sandor I have lost all respect for your intellectual abilities. vapid airhead.

Old March 31st, 2009 #147
George Witzgall

Quote:
As far as I know you are a fraud who doesn't know mechanics from a guy in blue overalls tossing a spanner from hand to hand.
notice he isn't going into specifics. To everyone: he is a fraud, an airhead. That is all.

Old March 31st, 2009 #148
Lasher
Banned

Quote:
I disagree. The "such as" refers to "individuals", which is in the "for" prepositional phrase. You wouldn't say: "for I to presume...", but rather, "for me to presume...".

However, "presumptive" is wrong (or rather, redundant). The word you want is "presumptuous".
There is nothing whatsoever wrong with the adjective "presumptive," my friend; it means "based upon presumption."

Old April 1st, 2009 #149
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathtozog View Post
Jews and shit are a natural combination, so that would make sense. Jews' obsession with shit is another natural combo.

Going back through the old Goyfire shows has been interesting. Your rant about homos in #40 was good. I directed our resident fecophile, Witzgall, to it. The other thing that was funny was you guys going over the story of the nigger in England that gave several White women AIDS in the same Goyfire. So, I wonder, with the great dynamic you guys had, will there be other shows in the future with Chain, Agis and some of the other guys?

You should see some traffic uptick as I have been linking to VNN over on incogman's blog. incog never gives the jew a moment to rest.
We taped a new one a couple weeks ago, last I knew Agis was editing it.

Old April 1st, 2009 #150
Alex Linder
Administrator

btw, one reason i use or coined fecophile is as a diff way of saying coprophile. another good one is coprophage - shit eater. coprophagous, like, i think, the dung beetle. or fags.

Old April 1st, 2009 #151
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
...another good one is coprophage - shit eater...
Coprovore?

Old April 1st, 2009 #152
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasher View Post

Oh, Mr. Linder, you disappoint Lasher with your sinking to ad hominum attacks. Lash has not resorted to any such tactics, because Lasher is a gentleman who would never attack a compatriot with such childish name-calling simply because He couldn't cope.
A gentleman would never refer to himself in third person, that is what people with ego problems do - people with ego problems and negro receivers.

I respect conventional spelling more than most - in its sphere.

Old April 1st, 2009 #153
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Is a paragarph the same as a paragraph?
No, it's a garph that has yet to attain full accreditation.

Last edited by Alex Linder; April 1st, 2009 at 02:20 PM.

Old April 1st, 2009 #154
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:

[COLOR="blue"]Oh, Mr. Linder, you disappoint Lasher with your sinking to ad hominum
Just wanted to let you know, in a mature and respectful way, you've mispelled the word you misused. One of those double-threat gentleman, you are.

Old April 1st, 2009 #155
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Poetry which isn't composed to be heard isn't poetry.

Cummings was a gimmick.

Then again, you're the kind who reads poetry in silence, aren't you?
One thing I've learned is never to discuss poetry because it will always hang on an individual's opinion. There is usually no way of making others see what you see in poetry.

I like Cummings' Grasshopper and I don't think he was a gimmick. Even if he was, so what? I like the poem and and I'm not going to be a pretentious twat and try and explain why. I like what I like.

Reading poetry in silence? Don't see what difference it makes, as long as I enjoy it but I don't actually read that much poetry. I just like Grasshopper.

Old April 1st, 2009 #156
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind Lampshade Maker View Post
Coprovore?
Not bad! Scouring the savannah, the fearsome coprovore scowls and struts, searching for flavorous scats.

Old April 1st, 2009 #157
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick MacThomas View Post
To watch Americans argue over spelling and grammar is like watching the Special Olympics of the English language.
What most Americans do not realise is that their bastardised version of English is not used outside the borders of their country.
May Noah Webster spend eternity with his testicles in a vice for having the arrogance (and ignorance) to attempt to change the spellings of both the English and Latin languages.
There is much to be said for standardized, simplified spelling. It's only in the past few hundreds years spelling has been regularized. Language never stays the same, and shouldn't, it should change with reality and the art of the users.

Quote:
PS: George is correct about the use of me and I. Although it sounds coarse, it would be correct to say 'my wife and me', rather than 'my wife and I'. The use of I in that context became part of the language during the 1800s because it was an affectation of Queen Victoria. The social elite of the British Empire copied the Queen and the cancer spread from there.
Interesting, I did not know that. Parallel to Spanish consonant spoken with a lisp because of some faggy king.

Old April 1st, 2009 #158
Lasher
Banned

Quote:
A gentleman would never refer to himself in third person, that is what people with ego problems do - people with ego problems and negro receivers.

I respect conventional spelling more than most - in its sphere.
Who made up that rule? You? Lasher is beginning to resent your snide little remarks about His personality. If the purpose of your ungentlemanly behavior is to impress your rapt audience, Lash is sure you are getting it done, but not in the way you desire, old sport.

Your apparent anger at Lasher is understandable in view of the way He has been slapping you around (in a gentlemanly way), but try not to become too rabid in your frustration, or you may pop an important blood vessel.

Lasher isn't exactly sure what a "negro receiver" is, but if it is what He suspects, then you would probably have more knowledge about that subject than Lash.

You, sir, seem to have a real problem getting along with those who aren't your close sycophants, and Lash will understand if you decide to silence Him.

Old April 1st, 2009 #159
Lasher
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind Lampshade Maker View Post
Coprovore?
It seems Mr. Linder has been into his thesaurus again, looking up words with which to impress us.

Old April 1st, 2009 #160
Lasher
Banned

Quote:
No, it's a garph that has yet to attain full accreditation.
Lasher sees that you really do consider this a comedic forum.

Thread