VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 22nd, 2005 #41
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker oftheWhip
It played in Excalibur, 1981 ( one of my favorites.) Carmina Burana is the name. The song is sung in Latin. Lyrics here

Georgie is into that as well Stan.
No, the song is called "O Fortuna" from the Oratorio Carmina Burana by Orff.

It is in Latin. It was also played in Conan the Barbarian and The Doors movies. It is quite well known, and a tremendous thrill to hear live (yes I have) and it has the virtue of being outside copyright, but the downside is that it is too heavy.

Old March 23rd, 2005 #42
SheerTerror

Anyone been to archive.org? They archive multimedia and live music (mostly hippie jam bands, but they do have some great stuff like Hank Williams III and Wayne Hancock, even Jump Little Children!), and they have a section called Open Source Audio. I'm not sure their policies on using them, but check it out at:

http://www.archive.org/audio/collect...771e74626dca7b

I'm pretty sure a lot is in public domain, but I'm also pretty sure some artists would want credit and/or permission to use them.

Old March 24th, 2005 #43
Frank Toliver
Formerly Cowboy Zeke

Default bumper music

Look into this fellow - Stephane Grappelli. Just wonderful. Also, try out live365.com to get an amazingly large array of different types of music to choose from, then buy the music or something like it. Also, do we have any composers? We must!

Zeke

Old March 24th, 2005 #44
Volksgeist

Wagner "Ride of the Valkyries"

Or a WN band's heaviest clips like Mike Savage does with Metallica.

Old March 29th, 2005 #45
brutus

How about simply the sound of boots marching

http://ljudo.com/result.asp

When you get there type-in "marching" for sample downloads

Old March 31st, 2005 #46
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

As I was gardening, a couple of days ago, I saw the overcast arrive from the south-west direction over the mountain. This reminded me of the tune " I'm only happy when it rains" sung by Shirley Garbage of the band "Garbage". Perhaps this tune could be played between question & answer time on gardening issues

Old April 1st, 2005 #47
Stan Sikorski
Returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind Lampshade Maker
As I was gardening, a couple of days ago, I saw the overcast arrive from the south-west direction over the mountain. This reminded me of the tune " I'm only happy when it rains" sung by Shirley Garbage of the band "Garbage". Perhaps this tune could be played between question & answer time on gardening issues
Nice pic KLM. Shirley Manson is not only a good singer, but in that pic as hot a redhead as they come. She has very unique facial features somewhat similar to Bjork, the Icelandic songstress. But that redheadedness and china white skin is my Achilles heal. My childrens' mother was a redhead of Irish/English/French and German decent.

Shirley is a talented performer. Butch Vig, the bands' (Garbage) co-producer was also the producer instrumental in bringing about the sound of Nirvana that made 'Nevermind' the platinum, modern music changing icon that it was.

Thanks for sharing the pic and the suggestion for bumper is noted.

Old April 1st, 2005 #48
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Sikorski
Nice pic KLM. Shirley Manson is not only a good singer, but in that pic as hot a redhead as they come....suggestion for bumper is noted.
I agree. Would make a nice bump. Shirley Manson,¿eh?
I like how that rings. Something about that last name...

Thread