VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 3rd, 2014 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default #1 Vegetarianism Thread

Meaty New Study Plunges 'Steak' into 'Vegetarians are Healthier' Lie

Tired of all those studies that claim that being a vegetarian is healthier/will save the environment or whatever? You're in luck, blessed carnivores, for Austria's Medical University of Graz has published a study concluding that vegetarians in fact are less healthy and have a lower quality of life than us normals. #sorrynotsorry

Researchers came to this conclusion even after finding that vegetarians are more physically active, smoke and drink less, and have a lower body mass index than meat eaters.

Overall, vegetarians were found to be in a poorer state of health compared to other dietary groups. Vegetarians reported higher levels of impairment from disorders, chronic diseases, and "suffer significantly more often from anxiety/depression."

Subjects who consumed lower amounts of animal fat were also linked to poor health care practices, such as avoidance of vaccinations and a lack of preventive care.

Chronic problems associated with vegetarians and people eating carnivorous diets rich in fruits and vegetables were linked to more frequent visits to doctors, which the study authors suggest requires public health programs to reduce the health risk due to their nutritional factors.

Lest you think I'm taking too much stock in this study, researchers also caution that continuing studies need to be done to substantiate their findings. Perhaps American vegetarians somehow differ from Austrian ones thus making this study inapplicable to us.

But, whatever. Can somebody run a study that establish a relationship between vegetarianism and smugness?

http://jezebel.com/meaty-new-study-p...e-h-1557211055

Last edited by Alex Linder; April 4th, 2014 at 08:55 AM.

Old April 4th, 2014 #2
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Vegetarians Are Less Healthy and Have a Poorer Quality of Life than Meat-eaters

Vegetarians Are Less Healthy and Have a Poorer Quality of Life than Meat-eaters

http://davidduke.com/vegetarians-les...f=pub-standard

Vegetarians are less healthy and have a poorer quality of life than meat-eaters, a new study from Austria has concluded.

The research from the Medical University of Graz found that vegetarians visit their doctors more often and are more prone to allergies; they have a 50% increased risk of both heart attacks and cancer; and more likely to develop depression and anxiety disorders.

According to a report in the UK’s Daily Mail, the research indicated that vegetarian diets are associated with poorer health and quality of life.

The research also revealed that people of high socioeconomic status are more likely to be vegetarian.

The research contradicts previous studies that have suggested red meat is linked to a range of health problems, including bowel cancer.

As a result, the researchers say more studies are needed to confirm their findings.

The researchers say: ‘Our study has shown that Austrian adults who consume a vegetarian diet are less healthy (in terms of cancer, allergies, and mental health disorders), have a lower quality of life, and also require more medical treatment.

‘Therefore, a continued strong public health programme for Austria is required in order to reduce the health risk due to nutritional factors.’

read full article at source: http://news4whites.blogspot.com/2014...-and-have.html

Old April 4th, 2014 #3
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Quote:
But, whatever. Can somebody run a study that establish a relationship between vegetarianism and smugness?
the flatulent vegan offers up a bouquet most piquant.

Old April 12th, 2014 #4
Krimmer

Why can't these cornhole pushers keep their facts straight when their own Discovery Channel bleets out it was the red meat that evolutionarily evolved us to having bigger brains in the damn first place?

Old July 16th, 2014 #6
Englisc
Amor Patriae Nostra Lex

We evolved to eat meat. It's quite logical that vegetarians are less healthy - I've known a couple veggies and they usually take a lot of supplements, which means they simply aren't getting what they need from their diet.

Old August 16th, 2017 #7
Stronza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englisc View Post
We evolved to eat meat. It's quite logical that vegetarians are less healthy - I've known a couple veggies and they usually take a lot of supplements, which means they simply aren't getting what they need from their diet.
Meat animals and laying hens are fed supplements. They would be unhealthy without these supplements and the farmer would not be able to sell them and make money. So you are getting your supps indirectly. The animals we consume here originated in Asia, mostly, and are not suited for life here, which is why they need supplemented diets.

Old May 24th, 2022 #8
Susan

Default A healthy vegan diet is just smart

Some of you meat eating internet trolls can be quite funny, sometimes just irritating.

I've been a vegan for almost 50 years now, and I never get sick. I have not gotten the first covid shot since the shamdemic began, for instance, and I have not been sick one day. I wore a mask everywhere I went (stores, work mainly) up until very recently.

I take a senior multi vitamin and D3 and K2, every day. I don't smoke, drink alcohol, or take any medications. I get a B12 shot once a month. My last bp check a few days ago was 124/65. My weight is a little more than I need, but that is the hardest thing for many women to get under control.

A cardiac cath a couple of years ago revealed no blockages and an endoscopy and colonoscopy did not show any cancer in my digestive tract at all. I do have a hiatal hernia which is kept under control with my diet, and diverticulosis. Both of my parents, now dead, had digestive issues.

My family ate a bland diet because my father had IBS. We did not eat any fried foods, or salted foods, or exotic or dishes with 30 ingredients. We ate baked meat, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, squash, green beans, etc. Rarely we had lasagna or spaghetti. Of course, as teenagers, my sister and I would eat other foods.

Back then, fifties and sixties, no one snacked around the clock. We ate our meals and rarely ate between meals. We were thin and healthy.

I thought it might be interesting and helpful to list some of the current staple items I keep in my kitchen at all times. As I've stated, I never eat out so I like to have a variety of foods on hand. Here they are:

Green beans, canned or frozen
Whole and canned artichokes
Whole avocados
Olives
Shirataki noodles
Canned sauerkraut
Pasture raised eggs ( I only eat the whites)
Tofu
Cucumbers
Tahini sauce
Cantaloupe
Relish
Mild green Chiles
Various flavors of simmer sauces
Cashews/walnuts/pecans
Lettuce: red, green
Brussels sprouts, frozen, fresh
Broccoli, frozen
Cauliflower, frozen
Spinach, frozen
Green peas, frozen ( in moderation)
Vegan Alfredo pasta sauce
Dairy free vanilla/ plain yogurt
Unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk
Dairy free shredded cheese
Frozen vegan, plant based patties/ meatballs/sausage
Croutons
Sauces, dips, herbs, spices, condiments
Celery
Red potatoes
vegan mayonnaise
Fresh tomatoes
Squash, green/yellow, bought or grown
Okra, grown or bought

These are most of the items I keep in my kitchen. Occasionally I buy something else. All items are vegan, plant based, low carb, no cholesterol, low sodium. I recently eliminated a number of foods that contained higher amounts of carbs.

Animal products clog your arteries, not the above. If you want to eat meat, then do so. Stop insulting those who do not, and lying about the health of non meat eaters.

You look stupid when you talk about things like healthy diets and women. Lol

Last edited by Susan; May 27th, 2022 at 02:28 PM.

Old May 28th, 2022 #9
Stronza

no one snacked around the clock. We ate our meals and rarely ate between meals. We were thin and healthy.

I wonder when this nonsense started. It is really rather shocking. Maybe everyone nowadays has either low blood sugar or emotional problems which are alleviated by constantly putting food down the piehole. I'd go with the emotional eating option as the reason. Maybe even smoking would be healthier.

Old May 28th, 2022 #10
Susan

Hey Stronza. One of the reasons, but only one, why people began snacking is the simple fact that there is just more ready to eat food than ever before. Add to that the fact that tv began to take over our lives too, especially at night.

Eventually, into the 70's, people began to sit more and to eat more.

Sure, we had cookies in the fifties, but not 500 kinds. There were a few kinds of cereal, but in the 60's, the number of cereals exploded that were marketed to children especially.

There were no microwaves and thus no microwave popcorn. If you wanted popcorn, you had to haul out the electric popcorn maker, fill it with oil, put your popcorn kernels in it, and wait for the oil to get hot. It was a thrill to watch your popcorn pop. At my house, this was a rare, special treat such as when The Wizard of Oz came on tv once a year.

We really have allowed the food industry to destroy our diets, our health, and our lives. Back then, everyone looked on a new thing as something good, something forward thinking, something to make our lives better, not as another nail in the coffin of the White American way of life.

If only we could have seen what was being done to us, but few of us did. Only the rare among us saw the changes for what they really were. They weren't improving our way of life, they were destroying it.

Old May 28th, 2022 #11
Stronza

you had to haul out the electric popcorn maker,

Well, LOL. I did not know there was such a thing. We use a - wait for it - large pot on the stove.

Having come from a poor area, we didn't get an electric stove til I was in high school (even though our house did have electrical service) so we had to make sure there was a good hot fire in the wood burner.

We really have allowed the food industry to destroy our diets, our health, and our lives. Back then, everyone looked on a new thing as something good, something forward thinking, something to make our lives better, not as another nail in the coffin of the White American way of life.

No schit.

Last edited by Stronza; May 28th, 2022 at 10:05 PM.

Old May 29th, 2022 #12
Gladiatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post

I've been a vegan for almost 50 years now, and I never get sick.

I thought it might be interesting and helpful to list some of the current staple items I keep in my kitchen at all times. As I've stated, I never eat out so I like to have a variety of foods on hand. Here they are:

Pasture raised eggs ( I only eat the whites)
Vegans don't eat eggs. Not even just the whites. You are a vegetarian.

Eating soy is not good. It contains something like estrogen that can cause breast cancer.

Old May 29th, 2022 #13
Stronza

@Susan.

I get a B12 shot once a month.

Not everyone agrees that this is necessary if an oral supplement is available:

https://www.nutriadvanced.co.uk/news...0many%20people.

Excerpt:

Research now shows that high doses of oral vitamin B12 (eg. 1000mcg daily) can be just as effective at treating deficiency, even in the absence of intrinsic factor, and may be a suitable alternative to intramuscular injections for many people.

What’s The Evidence?

• A Cochrane Review published in 2005 and updated in 2018, comparing oral with intramuscular vitamin B12, suggested that high doses of oral vitamin B12 may be as effective as intramuscular administration in obtaining short-term haematological and neurological responses in vitamin B12-deficient people

There's much more to read in this article.

FWIW

Old May 30th, 2022 #14
Susan

Default Listen up gals

To Gladiatrix: Sorry Linder let you back in. I think your posts are silly and irrelevant.

I have been either a vegan or a vegetarian longer than you have been alive I imagine, or close to it. I am fully aware of what constitutes being either one.

I follow a strict vegan diet, except for the fact that I eat egg whites. I became a vegetarian back in 1977 because of ethical reasons, not because of health. Obviously, over the years I have benefited greatly due to my diet. However, I continue to abstain from eating meat due to ethical reasons.

When I describe myself to others, it is easier to call myself a vegan because I am closer to that than to vegetarianism. If I said I was a vegetarian, people might assume I also ate cheese, drank milk, ate whole eggs, etc.

I buy only eggs where the chickens are pasture raised, thereby eliminating the "factory farm" aspect that is so cruel. So, I can eat egg whites with a clear conscience.

I hope this has cleared things up for you, .

Now, for Stronza and her "expansive" knowledge of B12.

I became a vegetarian in 1977, and began experiencing rather severe problems by about age 38. I was having memory and concentration problems, trouble sleeping, and nerve problems in my extremities. I had a complete neurological exam done at Emory Clinic at Emory Hospital and everything was perfectly normal except my B12 which was very low.

My neurologist said I would have to get shots every month for the rest of my life. Not oral supplements. B12 SHOTS. I followed his advice and have done so except for a short period. There was a short period when I went without the shots, and my B12 got low and my symptoms returned. As long as I take the shots, I am fine.

If you read what little there is online about B12, you may see that there are a number of causes for the deficiency. There are several ways to treat deficiencies, but for certain ones, shots are required. The shots bypass your digestive system and go straight into your system. I have some digestive issues, and pills just won't keep my B12 up high.

I have lived in my body for 67 years, and I know what works for ME, and what doesn't.

Thanks but no thanks for the medical advice. Hope this hasn't seemed too bitchy, but I'm old and cranky and fed up with almost everything.

Old May 30th, 2022 #15
Stronza

Yes, that's correct. Some people have a weak digestive system, meaning that they will be deficient in Vit. B-12 even if they eat meat every day and therefore only shots will work for such persons.

B -12 deficiency to my understanding is seen aplenty in meat eaters probably because the entire species is becoming more and more degenerate. I recall a "food philosopher"/medical practitioner saying 40 years ago that we would be dying out from biological degeneration more than anything else. (I was reading up on health, diet, etc. from my late teens).

So, meat eaters better understand that they might want to avoid pointing fingers at vegans, since they themselves could become deficient in B-12. Supplement manufacturers did not invent B-12 supps for vegetarians or vegans. This vitamin has been around for a long time, years before meat avoidance became somewhat popular.

Hope this hasn't seemed too bitchy, but I'm old and cranky and fed up with almost everything.

It can be difficult to be pleasant all the time even when we are not so old. There's much to complain about in this world, but during the hippy days there was a saying, "Be the change you want to see." Easier said than done, mind you.

Old May 31st, 2022 #16
ToneDeaf

Look at the example of elephants . . .
strong
intelligent
excellent memory
need only four hrs. of sleep
strong-boned
high endurance
long life
AND vegetarian
Extra bonus when you grow your own
heirloom non gmo crops.

Old May 31st, 2022 #17
Gladiatrix

Quote:
To Gladiatrix: Sorry Linder let you back in. I think your posts are silly and irrelevant.

I have been either a vegan or a vegetarian longer than you have been alive I imagine, or close to it. I am fully aware of what constitutes being either one.

I follow a strict vegan diet, except for the fact that I eat egg whites. I became a vegetarian back in 1977 because of ethical reasons, not because of health. Obviously, over the years I have benefited greatly due to my diet. However, I continue to abstain from eating meat due to ethical reasons.

When I describe myself to others, it is easier to call myself a vegan because I am closer to that than to vegetarianism. If I said I was a vegetarian, people might assume I also ate cheese, drank milk, ate whole eggs, etc.

I buy only eggs where the chickens are pasture raised, thereby eliminating the "factory farm" aspect that is so cruel. So, I can eat egg whites with a clear conscience.

I hope this has cleared things up for you, .

Now, for Stronza and her "expansive" knowledge of B12.

I became a vegetarian in 1977, and began experiencing rather severe problems by about age 38. I was having memory and concentration problems, trouble sleeping, and nerve problems in my extremities. I had a complete neurological exam done at Emory Clinic at Emory Hospital and everything was perfectly normal except my B12 which was very low.

My neurologist said I would have to get shots every month for the rest of my life. Not oral supplements. B12 SHOTS. I followed his advice and have done so except for a short period. There was a short period when I went without the shots, and my B12 got low and my symptoms returned. As long as I take the shots, I am fine.

If you read what little there is online about B12, you may see that there are a number of causes for the deficiency. There are several ways to treat deficiencies, but for certain ones, shots are required. The shots bypass your digestive system and go straight into your system. I have some digestive issues, and pills just won't keep my B12 up high.

I have lived in my body for 67 years, and I know what works for ME, and what doesn't.

Thanks but no thanks for the medical advice. Hope this hasn't seemed too bitchy, but I'm old and cranky and fed up with almost everything.
Enjoy your soy. If you followed a healthy diet you wouldn't need supplements. Don't bitch to me when you get breast cancer.

Old May 31st, 2022 #18
Susan

Default To Gladhag/Bitch

You're an idiot.

You a whore/hooker to the politicians? What else would you be doing living in nigger infested Washington?

Old May 31st, 2022 #19
Susan

Default To ToneDeaf

Smart man. Anyone nowadays who has any room at all for a garden and who does not grow food is not very smart or informed.

Old May 31st, 2022 #20
Gladiatrix

Quote:
You're an idiot.

You a whore/hooker to the politicians? What else would you be doing living in nigger infested Washington?
You are off the rails retarded. Must that vegan diet.

Thread