Default Pea-Sized Frog Discovered

Cute little fellows....

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/13458...79806234_tXty7

Old August 25th, 2010 #2
Darius Appleby
Banned

Location: high rainfall coastal strip of the White Continent nation

Where is it from?

A new species of miniature frog was discovered in Borneo. Microhyla nepenthicola, shown here on the tip of a pencil, is about the size of a pea.

© Prof. Indraneil Das/ Institute of Biodiversity and Environmental Conservation

Old August 25th, 2010 #3
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Appleby View Post
Where is it from?

A new species of miniature frog was discovered in Borneo. Microhyla nepenthicola, shown here on the tip of a pencil, is about the size of a pea.

© Prof. Indraneil Das/ Institute of Biodiversity and Environmental Conservation
You just answered yourself.

Old August 25th, 2010 #4
Darius Appleby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
You just answered yourself.
Yeah, I know. I posted the second part after the picture page link came up. Blame this on the speed of broadband in Australia.

Fascinating little creature this frog. It shows that life will adapt to fill all the available spaces in the environment.

Old August 25th, 2010 #5
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Yeah, I know. I posted the second part after the picture page link came up. Blame this on the speed of broadband in Australia.
Doesn't broadband in Australia transmit the opposite way from the northern Hemisphere? Clockwise. . .or something? That might cause the delay.

EDIT: Yeah, that's supposed to be a joke.

Old August 25th, 2010 #6
Darius Appleby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
Doesn't broadband in Australia transmit the opposite way from the northern Hemisphere? Clockwise. . .or something? That might cause the delay.

EDIT: Yeah, that's supposed to be a joke.
Well you do know it is Winter here in Australia, and the low 19 degrees celcius ground temperature makes the copper phone lines go slower.

You must make the trip to the Australian continent to see all the flora and fauna (aborigines and frogs).

What do you think is in my picture avatar?

Old August 25th, 2010 #7
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Well you do know it is Winter here in Australia, and the low 19 degrees celcius ground temperature makes the copper phone lines go slower.
Yes, that's it!

Quote:
You must make the trip to the Australian continent to see all the flora and fauna (aborigines and frogs).
I can do that in France. *rimshot

EDIT: But yes, I'd love to visit Australia one day. I have family members who spent a fair bit of time there years ago and loved it.

Quote:
What do you think is in my picture avatar?
It appears to be a kind of bottlebrush, but I had to look it up. It's quite pretty, evidently a noted bit of Australian flora.

How do you feel about wattle?

Old August 25th, 2010 #8
Darius Appleby
Banned

Arrow wattle sniffle

Wattle makes me sneeze. The pollen from Spring wattle causes a lot of hayfever amongst White people. Even a floral arrangement in a vase in a room will cause people discomfort.

Wattle is lovely to look at, and the first wattle should come out in a few days, the signal of the start of Spring, but I will be staying away from it.

The red bottlebrushes on the other hand are attractive garden shrubs, and quite popular with bees.

Old August 25th, 2010 #9
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Wattle makes me sneeze. The pollen from Spring wattle causes a lot of hayfever amongst White people. Even a floral arrangement in a vase in a room will cause people discomfort.

Wattle is lovely to look at, and the first wattle should come out in a few days, the signal of the start of Spring, but I will be staying away from it.

The red bottlebrushes on the other hand are attractive garden shrubs, and quite popular with bees.
Around here, goldenrod is the first signal of the start of Fall and is just beginning to bloom.

I guess if your wattle is about to come out and our goldenrod is beginning to bloom, all is right with the world.

Old August 25th, 2010 #10
Karl Lueger

Cool,

reminds me that a pea-sized brian was found in a nigger,
liberals declare its a genius..

Rambo, John J.

Old August 25th, 2010 #11
ray bateson
baппed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
Around here, goldenrod is the first signal of the start of Fall and is just beginning to bloom.

I guess if your wattle is about to come out and our goldenrod is beginning to bloom, all is right with the world.
Wow, variety 'n shit. All we have here is moose, magpies, pines and a species of birch. Only the birch trees change for autumn. That is, unless they're rotted black by water and blown away first, which happens nine times a decade. In a place where even glaciers break, but niggers are perennial. Somebody, please, tell me I'm dreaming.

Thread