VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 6th, 2022 #1
alex revision

Default The Last Days Before the Outbreak of World War II

The Last Days Before the Outbreak of World War II

The purpose of this essay is to inform the general public about important events and depict the real forces which altered the course of history.

In order to arrive at a more balanced perspective, I have referred to newly published source materials from both sides of the conflict. My essay differs from the old established "black-and-white" picture insofar that it attempts to describe what really happened.

Since World War II was a continuation of World War I, we should reflect upon the outbreak and ending World War I first. The three moving forces which triggered World War I were:

1) The rising Pan-Slavism in Russia and in the smaller Slavic nations.
2) Britain’s unwillingness to meet the German industrial and commercial enterprises on the world market in free competition.
3) France seeking revenge for its lost war of 1870-71, which was started by Napoleon III but won by Prussia. Beginning in 1904, Germany was increasingly surrounded by a number of treaties directed against her. The alliance of France-Russia-Britain was well knit long before the spark was lit in Sarajevo. The Tripple Entente, being aware of their superiority, were very optimistic. For Austria-Germany it was a fight for survival, from the first day on. Austria-Germany had 6.1 million men in uniform, while the Triple Entente had 9.9 million men. Germany’s navy with 1.2 million tons was greatly outnumbered by the 3.3 million tons of Britain, France and Russia.

https://dailyarchives.org/index.php/...f-world-war-ii

Thread