VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 16th, 2014 #21
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Location: Already in accordance with the future Repulsive Tapir Avatar Mandate

Quote:
Originally Posted by John from Canada View Post
Old cars are good too. The bigger and heavier they are the better.
If they're older cars, the engines are even worth more. The larger the displacement, the better. As a Discovery Channel viewer , I've noticed that collectors are so desparate, they'll even pay big bucks for engines they haven't witnessed running, despite regretting doing so afterwards when they end up spending hundreds more to rebuild them.

Old July 16th, 2014 #22
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Default Here's a Die Zeit article interviewing a researcher of consumerism:

http://www.zeit.de/2014/27/lucia-rei...onsumforschung

Quote:
Die Wertigkeit hochpreisiger Produkte, die einen relativ hohen Anteil am Haushaltsbudget haben, hat abgenommen. Früher sollten solche Dinge lange halten und reparierbar sein; denken Sie an weiße Ware oder auch an Kleidungsstücke. Da haben sich die Ansprüche dramatisch verändert.
Translation: Consumer value has lowered for high-priced goods whose price make up a proportional amount of a household's budget. In the past, such items were expected to last longer and be repairable; reminiscent of kitchen appliances or clothing. Contemporary expectations have changed dramatically.

Last edited by Samuel Toothgold; July 16th, 2014 at 03:11 AM.

Old August 21st, 2014 #23
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Default Just bumped into this, while looking up something else:

A self help initiative in Offenburg Germany. Unlike in Benelux countries, those who run such workshops in western Germany tend to be on the leftist political spectrum. What they don't seem to know is that by helping people save plenty of money, that's just that much less money which would otherwise fund their own genocide:

https://www.google.nl/search?q=badis...F%3B1024%3B685

Old November 28th, 2014 #24
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Default I just salvaged bits from a parallel appliance:

Besides computer monitors, there are other appliances which yield valuable components. The mother-in-law had a spare microwave oven which she liked, because of the supplementary infrared coils. It stopped heating up food, so she asked me to look for the cause and if it wasn't feasable to repair, I should scrap it. I plugged it in and it did its thing like normal, except the Pyrex measuring glass containing water would get warm and the water would stay cold. So, after inspecting the main fuse and finding it in ordnung, I passed its death sentence. I started to rip it apart, before finding a hidden fuse near the control panel. It was only something like 0.7 amps and probably was the reason for the malfunction. I'll go to the basement and get out my multi-meter, to find out, later. It doesn't matter. I wasted the infrared coils, anyway, because the connector shoes wouldn't give up the coils so easilly. One of them even stuck to a microswitch. I've got a replacement microwave beamer, somewhere in the basement. But, I wouldn't have given it up, since I plan on doing something with it, whether it be to construct a cellphone jammer

http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?p...84#post1764484

or some other device, once I find out how it's done.
Everything within the yellow line is to be discarded. T is the transformer which is quite heavy. I could get chump change for it. But, I'll simply stick it in the light brown plastic bag which gets picked up every forthnight. Those bags are for packaging, plastic and metal and the city makes that system earn its keep, through selling the precious material sorted out of them. I don't want to get pissed off at the scrapyard, if the clerk attempts to give me too little for the especially valuable copper winding. I'll not give those twats any satisfaction. Experts should break down the transformer and deal with it themselves. Breaking down appliances is also bad for Gypsies who go around picking out precious items of which the contracted collectors need to make collection feasable. People who knowingly leave appliances on the roadside for collection are as bad as those who feed crows and pidgeons.
L points to the business end of the microwave which I suspected gave up. This is what generates the vicious waves. It isn't too big to keep. So, I'll keep it. Other items include fasteners, several microswitches, a couple relays and a circuit board from which I could salvage the solder, if it's the older type produced before E.U. regulations demanded less lead content. The way to tell is if the solder is dull in appearance. You could even tell by scratching each type with your nail. The modern solder doesn't give and feels more like a ferrous metal. It'll also be shinier, like the solder on this circuit board which I suspect is of the useless type.
That cord plug is a universal E.U. type of which I didn't noticed it was on another appliance of which I changed the black cord for an older white one, to harmonize with the white-colored walls. I found out it wasn't the universal type, when we tried plugging it in into a Belgian socket which uses a male ground prong.

Last edited by Samuel Toothgold; November 28th, 2014 at 07:33 AM.

Old January 30th, 2015 #25
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Default Just saved a Braun kitchen (Hamilton - Beach equivalent) machine, today:

X is the width of both the new condenser and the unused space. Both are exact, so that the condenser fits snug, to the point where no adhesive would be necessary. Nevertheless, I’m doing it professional.
Strangely enough, distance H is also identicle on both housing and condenser. Meaning I could mount the condenser directly onto those pre-tapped mounting holes. However, If I were to do that, the machine would sit tilted on that condenser. Instead, I’m going to fabricate 2 L brackets, to secure that item into the proposed space.
T is the old condenser. It exploded, a few seconds after plugging in the machine. I thought, at first, something else shorted out, because of the smoke pouring out. I found the cap separate from the condenser and luckily, the specifications and schematic were still legible.:

I then went down into the basement and sorted through my condenser box. I found only one which specified at 0,1µ (0,1 microfarad). It happened to be a noise suppressor from some Japanese office machine which I once took apart. I had an old Hewlett-Packard made in Japan laser printer of which Hewlett-Packard arrogantly claimed not to have stored installation software which I could otherwise have downloaded to boot this thing. Because of that, I ended up tearing apart a perfectly good printer which had plenty of toner left. The machine was as heavy as a boat anchor and built like a Tiger tank. It pissed me off to undo meticulous work which will never get done again, since now Coolies put modern versions together. This is why my boycott of Hewlett-Packard products is to remain eternal. Incidently, they also let me down, in other instances.
I points to one of two connecting wires for the old condenser. I’m putting them aside, in case an identicle machine shows up which might have a salvagable condenser of this type.
A is the old condenser. Unfortunately, the specification got covered by that wire. So did L which is slightly more powerfull at 0,12µ. I would have, in any case, tried it out, if necessary.
K is even more strong and I don’t have the science so good down-packed to know what would happen if I were to hook this up. Initially, I wasn’t sure if this condenser was just a noise suppressor or a start condenser of whose type you’d find in heavier machines. For air compressors, I’ve confronted only two. One was rated at 20µ and the other at 30. I guess, I’d just learned something: All those small ones aren’t to do with starting machines. A start condenser basically move the magnetic field ahead of the armature magnets, giving the machine more torque. You could equate this function with a gearbox connecting to an engine.
F is the one I’m going to use. Unlike the original which gets hooked up parallel to the current source, I could simply by-pass wires I and hook condenser lines 1 and 2 to the incoming power cables. Principally, it still is a parallel hook up. The only difference is that I don’t have to sit there and figure out the hook up, being that the schematic print is attached to one of the sides where the mounting is casted of which makes it impossible to scan:

I don’t know what all the other gobbledygook means what's printed further, after the µ rating. It doesn’t seem to matter, since I tested the machine without a condenser whatsoever and tested it with the improvisional hook-up afterwards. The condenser does indeed do its job and no impairment whatsoever is noticed, running the machine without a condenser. In fact, one could do without it altogether. Especially, if the fusable circuit doesn’t share sockets with radios and televisions. This thing looks built to last 1000 years and who knows with whom it’ll end up. The brushes have plenty of carbon left. So, I‘ll repair it for future exheritance.
T are the condenser ends which were attached into the slits in the brush-holding plate with adhesive.
So, there you go. It’s unbelievable how much waste goes on on a daily basis. If every neighborhood had a blacksmith type, imagine how many otherwise perfectly good machines built before the programmed obsolesence era could have been saved. Saving a machine in this manner also radically reduces the amount of White Genocide tax which gets collected. Also prevented is the amount of donations the Braun company would be capable of donating to destructive Bill Gates foundations and the like, had I have bought a spare condenser from them. That’s why the regime doesn’t like small businesses. Especially, those who deal with recycled items. New items leave proof of purchase. If the tax department wanted to be arbitrary, they will tax you to the sum of which they figure you could possibly earn on any transaction they claim isn't 100% clear.

Last edited by Samuel Toothgold; January 30th, 2015 at 06:27 PM.

Old February 5th, 2015 #26
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Default Almost done:

An update to the above post. The symbol I used was wrongly misstated. It's used only on condensers. I don't yet know what it's called. But, microfarads apply to capacitors:

Since we've been residing in this apartment, we have been regularly experiencing lightbulb failure. A neighbor of mine has claimed likewise. This may be due to current fluctuations. This is easy to detect with analog multi-meters. The digital ones are never stable:

Capacitor Capacitor

Quote:
...Capacitors may catastrophically fail when subjected to voltages or currents beyond their rating, or as they reach their normal end of life. Dielectric or metal interconnection failures may create arcing that vaporizes the dielectric fluid, resulting in case bulging, rupture, or even an explosion. Capacitors used in RF or sustained high-current applications can overheat, especially in the center of the capacitor rolls. Capacitors used within high-energy capacitor banks can violently explode when a short in one capacitor causes sudden dumping of energy stored in the rest of the bank into the failing unit...

This is what it's going to look like. I have one more to do. But, underestimated my solder supply. Simple plastic sleeves will insulate the connections and fork terminals were decided on, since I don't ever use them in otherwise critical applications. Besides, if this condenser would to eventually fail, the entire assembly can get discarded, without having to melt solder on a common connection:

Last edited by Samuel Toothgold; February 5th, 2015 at 07:23 AM.

Old March 28th, 2015 #27
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Default Some of those monitor bits could get "upcycled":

http://fudder.de/artikel/2015/03/19/...-aus-freiburg/

The following Fag makes earings from melted-down plastic:

Quote:
...Möbelstücke aus ausgemusterten Euro-Paletten, Lampenschirme aus Einweg-Plastikflaschen und Schmuck aus zerkratzten Schallplatten – Upcycling heißt das Phänomen, bei dem Weggeworfenes zu etwas Neuem gemacht wird...
An ornament made with the gold-colored foil surrounding the bottleneck of certain beers:

Thread