VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 18th, 2014 #41
luftwaffensoldat
Witness to Genocide

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
I could enjoy him much more if only he weren't a leftist turd - and worse still, a holier-than-thou Canadian one....
The real Kwanadians are too stupid and too brainwashed to realize that their country is being destroyed by massive third world immigration. The government dumps a whole bunch of niggers, pakis and gooks into an all-white neighborhood. As soon as the mud flood hits, all the real Kwanadians pack up and leave. Some of them will swear up and down that their flight had nothing to do with all the niggers and other shitskins infesting the neighborhood. They only talk like that to avoid accusations of "racism" by the Canuckistani thought police. However, we all know what the real reason was; no self-respecting white man wants to be surrounded by nappy-headed afros and smelly hijaabs.

Old January 18th, 2014 #42
N.B. Forrest

Fawlty Towers: IMO the funniest show of all time. Genius slapstick coupled with the unique snob-nasty-bitterness of the Brits.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old January 18th, 2014 #43
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

John Cleese? Now, he's funny!

A Fish Called Wanda ranks up there with Caddyshack on the laff-o-meter.

Old January 19th, 2014 #44
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Ha...I just don't hate them... They wear better than Led Zeppelin and most 70s rock. That shit is so overplayed and tiresome. Always thought Morrison was tongue in cheek, but maybe not. His volume of 'poetry' was to laugh at. Then again, someone else put that out long after his death.
He did publish a book of poems (The Lords and The New Creatures) while he was still above terra firma. Someone famously said that Jim Morrison woke up a different man every day.

Poetry is usually a self-indulgent affectation. For long stretches, Morrison was high or drunk, or both, pretty much 24/7. That's hard on a guy.

Quote:
Like I said...things get associated with stuff that isn't their fault. Sitting in a baseball van for eight hour trip up to Fresno. Get out, it's raining. Go to Wendy's. Eight hours back to So Cal. Raining the whole time. Listening to The Doors (not my choice) the entire way. Sitting in a van glum. One of the more extended periods of futility with matching ambiance I can recall.
Hey, the guy could have been a big Elton John fan. The horror....The horror...

I take it the Sagehens weren't a solid road team. I'm 3 episodes into Ken Burn's plodding but occasionally insightful Baseball on Netflix at the moment. Learned Abner Doubleday not only didn't invent/codify Baseball, he most likely never even saw a game played.

Did you know that African-American players were discriminated against in the past? Burns will remind you, with solemn-sounding voiceovers over sepia images of 19th century blacks in uniforms, roughly every 120 seconds or so. I half-expected Sarah McLachlan to start singing over the lingering shots.

And this was produced in 1994.

Old January 19th, 2014 #45
Squarehead Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
He did publish a book of poems (The Lords and The New Creatures) while he was still above terra firma. Someone famously said that Jim Morrison woke up a different man every day.

Poetry is usually a self-indulgent affectation. For long stretches, Morrison was high or drunk, or both, pretty much 24/7. That's hard on a guy.

I take it the Sagehens weren't a solid road team. I'm 3 episodes into Ken Burn's plodding but occasionally insightful Baseball on Netflix at the moment. Learned Abner Doubleday not only didn't invent/codify Baseball, he most likely never even saw a game played.

Did you know that African-American players were discriminated against in the past? Burns will remind you, with solemn-sounding voiceovers over sepia images of 19th century blacks in uniforms, roughly every 120 seconds or so. I half-expected Sarah McLachlan to start singing over the lingering shots.

I had a 1st edition hardback copy of the Lords and the New Creatures back in the 70's, complete with mint condition purple dust jacket.
I think there were 1500 hardback and 3000 paperback copies of the first edition.
I couldn't get $50 for it back then.
I left it at my folks house along with some other stuff when I moved out and they eventually chucked it.

Try reading it sometime, it's the senseless ramblings of a wet brained inebriate.

Old January 19th, 2014 #46
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Fawlty Towers: IMO the funniest show of all time. Genius slapstick coupled with the unique snob-nasty-bitterness of the Brits.
John Cleese, now that's brilliant physical comedy in my opinion.

Old January 19th, 2014 #47
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:

Here's what it was...was looking through my gf at the time's box of college books and came across copy of Morrison poetry book. Not the one you mentioned, the one that came out in the '80s or '90s and was marketed pretty heavily, I had heard of it but never looked thru it. Don't remember the title. The shit in that was godawful, I was definitely ridiculing her some for that. Shit. Poet! Morrison's ok as a singer, but he's not someone I'd take seriously. Ever met any film school people. Fucking shitheads, in my limited experience. Actual quote from a film school shithead I wasn't evesdropping on, to his buddy. "Hey, man, we should just like look up some guy in the phone book and send him a postcard. That would be [really funny]" It's not hard to see why there aren't any good movies.

Quote:
Ha. I don't mind EJ that much.

How does someone not check the fucking weather before you drive eight hours? How does that not happen? I don't care if the internet doesn't exist yet. Back then, I was underclassman, just keeping my mouth shut and doing whatever I could to help out. Many, many things should have been otherwise, but on one ever asked me.

Quote:
I take it the Sagehens weren't a solid road team.
We were ok. We used to kick the shit out of BIOLA, one of those Worrell brothers teams. BIOLA = Bible Institute of Los Angeles. On the other hand, Quisenberry's school, LaVerne, kicked the shit out of us every single time. As did the mexicans on the JV at Cal-State Fullerton, I think it was. One of the state schools. Scrimmaged them every week, lost every time. But we beat Occidental, the Kenyan's old school, located in Eagle Rock, where the air is absolutely terrible. We played schools from back east, like Eastern Connecticut, whose coach was a complete dickhead, but they beat us 4-3. And Wisconsin-Whitewater. We played University of Denver, which I particularly recall as my worst game, they had a demon pitcher set me down with a KO three straight times, one time literally falling over on my ass, and I was a high-average hitter, and contact hitter, unlike almost everyone else who were going for HRs. He had to be throwing low '90s, I could not locate it. We also used to play Cal-Tech, and kick the shit out of them. They were more like a Little League team, usually the worst team we played. Great years, fun times. I remember our 95-year-old base coach. The guy's name was Harry, to call him cadaverous would be to exaggerate his degree of not-deadness. Nice enough guy, though. "Let's get some life in our pants," was his favorite saying.

Shit, we had some people. I think I'm the only one who didn't go on to be lawyer. We had a jew on our team with a horsecock. I didn't know him well, but he was very genial, a not very good pitcher, always laughing. Didn't have that jew paranoia. Every day he'd come in there with a towel up and down over his prodigious appendage and say "I am not an animal...I am a man!" while laughing like an idiot. The Elephant Man theme, you may recall. Then his outfielder friend he was flashing would be say, ":Goddamit, Sternie, I'd like to go just one day without seeing that thing." This was the routine.

Our best player was a jack Mormon, Carl Curtis. Real good guy, I lockered next to him. He hit 3 HRs in one game at least twice when I saw it. He'd been scouted, as had our shortstop, but was a little too old. Guys in SCIAC are 6'1" 210, whereas the same guy at UCLA is 6'5" 250. He could hit for power. He used to give me lots of useful advice. "Linder, did you know if you turn your underwear inside out you can wear it another three days?"

I got lots of advice.

"You look like a fucking Ethopian. Eat some food." I was 6'1" 160. Skinny for a baseball player. It's a sport that really works well for those with barrel chests and popeye forearms - think Pete Rose.

"Linder - you need to get a girlfriend and sleep with her all summer."

Still one of the stranger things I recall...we're on a bus, coming back from a game. I'm reflecting on something I did wrong, or didn't do well enough, for that is the way of my people. Out of nowhere, through the busly din, I hear "Hacksaw Reynolds had the biggest balls in the NFL." It was Coach Maher, used to be with the Denver Gold.

WTF? He was the same one who gave me the gf advice. Lot of our guys were football players.

It was fun. I miss the weather. I even miss our crazy coach. He didn't really like me, even though I kept my mouth shut and did nothing but help. I backup-caught our freshman pitchers, helped them improve. I took 58-foot curveballs off my wrists. Those were flung by Ashcraft, a genuinely funny guy. Totally arrogant - spitting image of James Caan's son. Had the skin on his nose so burned from surfing he had to wear a nose shade. Would brag incessantly about being on Junior Olympics, whatever the fuck that is. Claimed his fastball was in 90s. I never could be sure whether he was deliberately bouncing stuff just to be a dick. One of the most arrogant guys I've ever met, but he got away with it because he was genuinely funny. He ended up getting in a fight with our coach, and our whole team had to boycott until the coach calmed his sometimes crazy ways. "I didn't call YOU horseshit...I called your pitching horseshit!" He was a little crazy. He had very light blue eyes, and you'd look in them trying to locate something and...not really there.

He was an ex-UCLA lineman from the '50s. He benched me for the only two games my parents showed up for (from out of state) because the game before I'd mentioned I was going to try to hit an HR, since I was the only starter who hadn't. We were ahead of Cal-Tech 17-3, so no danger of losing. But I only managed a flyout to deep right. We had to chase down foul balls ourselves. His rule was that if you weren't playing, you had to run down to the scoreboard, down the rightfield line, between innings. One inning, I go chase a foul ball, long off to the right, over the fence, in the dirty ivy where the rats and spiders live. I get back right as the next half inning is starting. There's no real foul territory, just a fence, so I can't really run down to the scoreboard while the game is going on. This is later used against me. Injustice, coach! Jesus. Trying to be helpful.

I've actually wondered over the years if the coach just plain didn't like me, but concealed it. And if that were the case, it was surely from the campus politics I was involved in. The more I've thought about it over the years, I think that may have been the case.

I hit over .400 as a sophomore, but I only started about half the games, and way down in the order. Like I said, most people just did it for fun, going for full power swings. I always did what was likeliest to help the team - drive the ball up the middle, best way to get on. My one selfish act was to try to hit a HR against Cal-Tech, but I didn't waste dozens of at-bats hitting flyball outs instead of singles. Eh... those are my baseball memories. Did I say Burns is a putz? A PC putz, too. I bet he shit on Ty Cobb, the greatest baseball player who ever lived, and an excellent businessman/investor, too.

Quote:
I'm 3 episodes into Ken Burn's plodding but occasionally insightful Baseball on Netflix at the moment. Learned Abner Doubleday not only didn't invent/codify Baseball, he most likely never even saw a game played.

Hey, we sagehens were 17-20 when I was a sophomore, that was our big year. As our soccer coach said, "the sagehen is the only animal that, when attacked, will not defend itelf." Kind of funny...I guess.

Here's something you can use. Everyone should use it, if they get in these kind of discussions. Two things - notice the similarity in style. The thought process is the same.

1) How could Germany, the most advanced/civilized/educated nation of the time, have turned against the jews?

Responses:

a) BECAUSE they were the most educated nation of their times... (or whatever adjective they used - advanced, civilized - just say THAT'S WHY

b) Say that again...slower...and just maybe you can figure it out. Which leads them on their own back to a). You've induced an epiphany. At best. Or at least planted a Hmm Seed (tm).

Then follow up with, you know how Germans lead the way in lots of technology, like automotive and such? Well, they were ahead in political engineering too... They figured out the jew, while we're still under its thumb.

Try to turn the world upside down for them. Think the unthinkable. Play it flat, matter of fact. Like it's the most obvious thing in the world. Be even-eyed. Don't flush or twist or vibrate. An Aryan telling the truth should strive to be as unembarrassed as a jew telling a lie.

Now, the second one relates to baseball.

Whenever Babe Ruth is brought up, you hear: Oh, I wonder how he would have done if he'd played against the Negro Leaguers.

Flip this. Say: "I wonder how those Negro Leaguers would have done if they'd had to play against Babe Ruth."

Then grin really slowly, in a most obnoxious way, let it unfurl over your face like the Grinch.

BAM, you sir are EXPLODED, with chitlin residue all over your anti-white face.

Fun fact: the Nigger Leagues didn't keep serious stats, so all their claims are nigger bullshit.

I forgot one baseball story my Indian friend, who went on to work for Goldman Sachs used to laugh about. The black guy on our team used to claim he was related to the Thigpen in the major leagues - until he discovered that Thigpen was white.

Anyway, Donnie, my point was: what I said is what baseball is REALLY like. I've read a ton of baseball books, I'd recommend Ball Four by Jim Bouton. "He had two favorite cusswords. One was shitfuck. And the other was fuckshit."

Last edited by Alex Linder; January 20th, 2014 at 03:07 AM.

Old January 19th, 2014 #48
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
I could enjoy him much more if only he weren't a leftist turd - and worse still, a holier-than-thou Canadian one....

I thought Val Kilmer was fantastic as Morrison. Not a big fan of the Doors. I like The End (absolutely perfect for Apocalypse Now), Riders on the Storm, a few others. But wears better than Zeppelin? Uh...no, can't get behind that one.
Kilmer's ok. He was supposed to do a movie about Christian Science, which I really wanted to see, but I just saw one news blip about this and then nothing.

Old January 19th, 2014 #49
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
I even miss our crazy coach. He didn't really like me, even though I kept my mouth shut and did nothing but help.

He benched me for the only two games my parents showed up for (from out of state) because the game before I'd mentioned I was going to try to hit an HR, since I was the only starter who hadn't.

Injustice, coach! Jesus. Trying to be helpful.

I've actually wondered over the years if the coach just plain didn't like me, but concealed it. And if that were the case, it was surely from the campus politics I was involved in. The more I've thought about it over the years, I think that may have been the case.
Look at me, son. It's not your fault....

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old January 19th, 2014 #50
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Did I say Burns is a putz? A PC putz, too. I bet he shit on Ty Cobb, the greatest baseball player who ever lived, and an excellent businessman/investor, too.
I hope Bowlcut Kenni gets African-Americaned real good & real soon....

Old January 19th, 2014 #51
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Enjoyed reading that. Glory Days, eh? I can hear Springsteen already. Being married to a Bruce Springsteen fan is true Conrad-esque Heart of Darkness shit right there.

I played baseball in HS, and poorly, mostly because all my friends at the time from the football team did, and I wasn't about to join the wrestling team. The wrestling coach was an assistant coach on the football team, and was a fucking nut. He had done a couple of tours in Vietnam, and took life a little too fucking seriously for me, personally. Our baseball team was very good.

Our football team was not good. We got beat more often than Tina Turner on weekends. We would be down 42-7 at the half, and in the locker room while you're just trying to figure out who's driving to the party after the game, this guy is staring you down like you let his best buddy from back in the World bleed out at Hue. Relax, man. You're not the one getting hit.

Funny baseball movie: Bull Durham. The interaction between Costner & Robbins in scenes on the mound are classic. Susan Sarandon was smoking hot in that. Superior to Sheen The Minor's true opus Major League, in my opinion. The Bad News Bears is pretty funny as well.

Funny football movie: Semi-Tough. Burt Reynolds and a surprisingly decent actor in Kris Kristofferson do comedy. The Longest Yard, the original with Reynolds, of course. Funny.

Old January 19th, 2014 #52
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
The Longest Yard, the original with Reynolds, of course. Funny.
"My, you have lovely hair. You ever find any spiders in it?"

"Alright men, now here's the play we're gonna use. I don't think the guards know this formation. It's called 'incidental punishment after the ball is blown dead.' Remember, any man you tackle gets an elbow, knee, or kick in the mouth."

"You know what my problem has been all my life? I've always had my shit together. Always. My problem's been I couldn't lift it."

Old January 19th, 2014 #54
keifer

I played organized hockey as a kid in the early 70's.
This short video precludes the latter one, that is to fully understand The Hanson Brothers.

Old January 19th, 2014 #55
Clancy

Old January 20th, 2014 #56
Nate Richards

This isn't from TV, but needs to be shown wherever Ken Burns' baseball show is mentioned: Blackstronauts of The Old Negro Space Program

Oldie/goodie but there's a few out there who haven't seen it yet. Made by jewish student who can get away with it easier, but still funny as hell.

There goes loopy louie
(Where's he goin', friend?)
If I know Loopie Louie,
He shootin' up again
(zat right?)
He shootin up again
(don't tell me)
he's shootin up again
(aww shit)

lmao

I don't know where they got that little film clip for the part about "peter 'stinky pete' carver" being launched aflame into the tree, but that cracks me up every time and this video is the only place I've ever seen it.

Old January 20th, 2014 #57
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Richards View Post
This isn't from TV, but needs to be shown wherever Ken Burns' baseball show is mentioned: Blackstronauts of The Old Negro Space Program The Old Negro Space Program - YouTube

Oldie/goodie but there's a few out there who haven't seen it yet. Made by jewish student who can get away with it easier, but still funny as hell.

There goes loopy louie
(Where's he goin', friend?)
If I know Loopie Louie,
He shootin' up again
(zat right?)
He shootin up again
(don't tell me)
he's shootin up again
(aww shit)

lmao

I don't know where they got that little film clip for the part about "peter 'stinky pete' carver" being launched aflame into the tree, but that cracks me up every time and this video is the only place I've ever seen it.
One of the most hilarious things EVER. That White "professor" with the nighat.....

Old January 20th, 2014 #58
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
He was an ex-UCLA lineman from the '50s. He benched me for the only two games my parents showed up for (from out of state) because the game before I'd mentioned I was going to try to hit an HR, since I was the only starter who hadn't. We were ahead of Cal-Tech 17-3, so no danger of losing.
Jesus, what a prick. Probably thought he was teaching you a life lesson about "no I in TEAM" banality.

My baseball brush with fame was getting into a fairly serious collision at 1B with Paul O'Neill, who went on to play for the Reds and Yankees.

Quote:
Did I say Burns is a putz? A PC putz, too. I bet he shit on Ty Cobb, the greatest baseball player who ever lived, and an excellent businessman/investor, too.
Did you know that sliding into a base stems from racism?

Seems that a few blacks did indeed play on late 19th/early 20th century professional teams. One of them played SS, and the white players would "sacrifice being tagged out by pulling up short in a slide with which they used their spikes to strike his shins". Or something like that.

Which begged, at least to me, the question as to why players still slide into base today?

Last edited by Donnie in Ohio; January 20th, 2014 at 07:19 AM.

Old January 20th, 2014 #59
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Jesus, what a prick. Probably thought he was teaching you a life lesson about "no I in TEAM" banality.
I have seriously spend more hours trying to gauge the reason for his attitudes than was really necessary or useful. He was one of those hard types, who never gave much evidence of liking anyone, but it just seemed he had a little less even of that for me, even though I never talked back to him, not even once, and did everything he wanted. I treated it as a team, which it was, not a joke or walk in the park. My teammates, unknown to me until much later, nicknamed me Mad Swede, apparently thinking my name is Swedish. Baseball players aren't intellectuals, that stereotype is true; even the ones who go on to becomes lawyers, as MOST of these guys eventually did.

Re the HR attempt - I happened to mention my little plan to our starting catcher, a good guy named Spinnetta. So he started his whole Peter Popoff routine, "listen to Linder," blah blah blah, laughing hiss ass off cause he knew it was out of character (a), and (b) wasn't happening. So of course the coach just happens to overhear this... If someone in position of authority doesn't like you, all he needs is a pretext. I gave him one. I can blame only myself, really, although in my heart I thought it was pretty chickenshit. Now, it didn't help the team in the ensuing double-header to put in other guy, a particularly jewy jew who played right field behind me, but yes, I'm sure you're right. It was a free lesson in moral edification. I guess I could look at it like that, but let me tell you, playing a double-header on Saturday and sitting your ass on the bench really gets old, even coaching bases and chasing foul balls like a two-footed dog. He finally relented and stuck me in as baserunner in second game. People. The way they think. Who can figure it?

Nah, my glory days athletically peaked at 12. I was the big star player, shortstop, pitcher. I could throw strikes every time. When you're young, that makes the difference. Once kids grow, and I stayed small until I was nearly out of high school, simply throwing strikes isn't enough. I still remember when I knew I wasn't going pro. This guy named Steve Johnson got in. Threw him an inside strike, this is in So Cal in '70s, he hits it about fifty feet over the left-field fence, but ten yards foul. Next pitch, he hits over the right-center fence. Then I realized, damn, I need a curveball or a lot stronger arm. Neither of which was in the cards.

I will admit to hopes to going pro, as many kids have, but I have an uncle who made AAA, and was starting SS at ASU in the sixties, ASU being one of the top baseball programs. He was in the A's org, played for San Jose. But never made the majors, got injured, which at least kept him out of Vietnam. But he had a very different build than I do. Short, very strong, could walk fifty yards on his hands, according to my mom. Great fielder but light hitter.

Our shortstop was a marine type, ROTC, as well as a football player. He was a funny guy, good leader, along with our best player, Curtis. One time he had to go, so he let me play shortstop while he was gone. But only if I tried some dip. He was the distributor for that nasty shit. So I tried some. But unlike my Indian friend, I didn't get hooked on. That stuff is fucking nasty. Anyway, I played SS one game in college, went 3 for 5, and made no errors. But...it took every ounce of my being to make the out throw on an ordinary ground ball. What I realized was you have to be basically a genetic freak to have a strong enough arm to play infield in any kind of serious baseball. Almost no one has it, I certainly don't, I'm rag armed. I played right field - I see these guys in the majors make one hop throws to third base, or throw it all the way home, I couldn't do that in a million years. "A man's got to know his limitations." I could hit the ball up the middle and get on base about half the time. I hit the ball up the middle and got on base about half the time. I could stand in the outfield and catch 90% of normal flyballs. I stook in the outfield and caught normal flyballs. Hard-hit balls went by me or over me. I could throw the ball to the cut-off man on 2-3 bounces (as opposed to sailing it over his head in a wild attempt to duplicate something that only people with superior physical skills could do). I threw the ball on 2-3 bounces to the cutoff man. One does what one can, if one is wise.

Quote:
My baseball brush with fame was getting into a fairly serious collision at 1B with Paul O'Neill, who went on to play for the Reds and Yankees.
Ha...I bet he whined like a bitch, too. There was a great line from I think Joe Torre saying "I tried for years to make a man out of Paul O'Neill."

Quote:
Did you know that sliding into a base stems from racism?

Seems that a few blacks did indeed play on late 19th/early 20th century professional teams. One of them played SS, and the white players would "sacrifice being tagged out by pulling up short in a slide with which they
used their spikes to strike his shins".
Or something like that.

Which begged, at least to me, the question as to why players still slide into base today?
Except for they did that to other whites too. Black might be an additional reason, but you go back and read anything about baseball in 1880-1930, they were all about sharpening their spikes in the dugout, and coming in hard at the bases. These were tough men. They needed the money. It wasn't like today.

My favorite Cobb anecdote, and I remember the quote exactly. Cobb's at this banquet. And some catcher from a competing team is joking about how he didn't really tag Cobb on some plays at the plate. Cobb gets up an attacks him. "You stole runs from me. Runs that I earned!"

These media faggots all hate Cobb because he was 1) Southern, 2) sharp as a tack, 3) anti-nigger, 4) didn't take any shit from anybody, as opposed to being ingratiating or self-effacing, the way these mealy worms prefer. Only Babe Ruth is in the argument with him for the greatest player ever. Ruth is more American in that he's got the big extroverted larger-than-life persona and Rabelasian appetites people generally love in a public figure (see Rob Ford), and he proved he could pitch as well as hit, but in pure baseball terms, I think Cobb was the best player ever.

Last edited by Alex Linder; January 20th, 2014 at 05:48 PM.

Old January 20th, 2014 #60
N.B. Forrest

Cobb hated the home run mania that Ruth started, believing that baseball was about running the bases. One time, he hit a load of homers in a game, just to prove that he could do what Babe did.

I was an athletic retard. I remember playing baseball in gym once in elementary school: I was at bat and swung for the non-existent fences - and farted in the process: all the other kids (including of course the girls, which was worst of all) burst out laughing; I fell down like I'd been shot dead - and wished I had been....

Tags
#1, comedy, jokes, television

Thread