VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 29th, 2019 #1
ColdFire
Banned

Smile Color theory

There was a certain interest in a post of mine in the 'state glorified in media'-thread ( https://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?...19#post2269519 ) ( a certain member PM'd me asking about color theory . .)

Hmm …

. . . as I have already said in said post often colors occuring in nature can have two opposite meanings ,as strange as that may come across.

It more or less depends on if it's a 'light' or 'dark' tone.
Polar opposites. .
I've already mentioned green in said post.

Let's look at some others..

The color red . . .
Red ,occuring in nature , can have two meanings . . . either it wants to lure or it wants to warn.

Red is a very passionate color . .
Hmmmm . . why do I have to think of communism right now . . .?

Red was always the color associated with Communism.

Actually in this case it could mean both.

Lure in the workers ;history though warns of communism.

lol

Furthermore . . Red berries are poisonous , roses,which are also red are deemed the 'most beautiful flowers'

- - -

The color white.

The color white is said to be associated with purity.

White = Absence of tone.

The Knights during the Middle Ages were clothed in extraordinary white . . .

Knights were supposed to be 'pure of blood'.

In fact the legend of the 'holy grail' claims 'only the purest of all knights could find the holy grail' ( the 'Holy Grail' is supposed to be a grail which contained the blood of Jesus which was absorbed during his crucifixation . . .)
The color black.
Black is deemed to be an 'ultimate', the darkest color , the darkest tone.
I suppose that's also why early fascists clothed themselves in black, since fascism meant 'the ultimate state' , a total fate-community.

- - - -

Just some thoughts on the matter.

I invite the member who PMed me to join the discussion.

Color theory sure is a fascinating subject.

Old March 31st, 2019 #2
joeylowsac
RaHoWarrior-SKINHEAD

Lightbulb

This really isn't a theory since nothing can be predicted with it and there isn't any experimentum crucis which could decide for or against it.
The example given for the colour red can be said of most colours.

Old March 31st, 2019 #3
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeylowsac View Post
This really isn't a theory . . .
Sry Joey ,I know sometimes my English sucks

Other words for this include 'colorimetry' or 'chromatics'.

Maybe that is a better term . . .

Quote:
. . . since nothing can be predicted with it . . .
Why do feel this science should be able to predict something . . ?

This analysis is merely about what certain colors are associated with and/or the meaning then can have . . .
Quote:
. . . and there isn't any experimentum crucis which could decide for or against it.
Well . . what do you usually have in mind when you ,for example , behold red . . .?
People have pre-modelled perceptions , yet even then the associations may vary
Quote:
The example given for the colour red can be said of most colours.
What I meant was that ,depending on whether it's a 'dark' or a 'light' version of a tone , it can have two opposite meanings . .

A 'light' green usually is associated with harmony . . .

. . while a a 'dark' green can be associated with poison . . .

Pretty much a difference like black and white

Old October 23rd, 2019 #4
Ireland14
Banned

So according to this theory the irish flag (my country;green, white, orange) implies that it is a country of harmony (landscape), of purity and where oranges grow?

Old October 27th, 2019 #5
joeylowsac
RaHoWarrior-SKINHEAD

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post

Other words for this include 'colorimetry' or 'chromatics'.

Maybe that is a better term . . .

Why do feel this science should be able to predict something . . ?

This analysis is merely about what certain colors are associated with and/or the meaning then can have . . .

Well . . what do you usually have in mind when you ,for example , behold red . . .?
People have pre-modelled perceptions , yet even then the associations may vary

What I meant was that ,depending on whether it's a 'dark' or a 'light' version of a tone , it can have two opposite meanings . .

A 'light' green usually is associated with harmony . . .

. . while a a 'dark' green can be associated with poison . . .

Pretty much a difference like black and white
I don't know what it would be called. I'm not sure it has a name. The suffix 'ology' is often tacked onto words in order to describe a particular hokum (e.g., astrology; numerology), so perhaps 'colourology'.
'Colorimetry' is the the science and technology used to quantify and describe physically the human perception of colour such as colorimetric analysis (i.e., quantitative chemical analysis by colour using a colorimeter).
Associating colours with poison or abstract notions like harmony is capricious and arbitrary. It is the opposite of science.
I associate green with love because of tradition but the association is no more logical than associating green harmony, envy, poison or fertility. None of them has anything to do with the actual properties of a particular wavelength.
The achromatic colour white is commonly associated with purity but what we perceive as 'white' is actually the reflection of almost all incident light. A teLIEvision set combines red, green and blue light to achieve white light. The description of the colour bares more resemblance to miscegenation than purity.
One might just as well make such associations by pulling the colours out of a hat. Still, despite knowing that the distinctions are completely arbitrary a small part of me will probably always associate green with love, white with purity, orange with anticipation, etc..

Old November 22nd, 2019 #6
ColdFire
Banned

@ Joey . .

Sometimes the differing points of view among people / different perceptions impede that something truly can become "a science" , a teaching , since in some subjects people tend to have different opinions , naturally.

In order for something to become a strictly-set teaching there have to be rules to it.

On a side note . Those swastika-images truly have you under a spell , aye . . ?

https://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=552170

Old November 24th, 2019 #7
joeylowsac
RaHoWarrior-SKINHEAD

Lightbulb

Quote:
@ Joey . .

Sometimes the differing points of view among people / different perceptions impede that something truly can become "a science" , a teaching , since in some subjects people tend to have different opinions , naturally.

In order for something to become a strictly-set teaching there have to be rules to it.

On a side note . Those swastika-images truly have you under a spell , aye . . ?

https://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=552170

That the most impossible scheme can grow into a scientific discipline is borne out by astronomy. We must forgive those early astrologists for their misconceptions for which there wasn't yet any evidence to contradict, like us they stood on the shoulders of those who came before them. The dedication of the men who studied the sky carefully enough to pick out the handful of stars that move is deserving of anyone's respect.
As a child of Pagan parents who were more enthusiastic (as converts often are) than scholarly, I had an interest in astrology. What started as interest in tropical astrology grew into an interest in sidereal astrology and by my teens that had been replaced by an interest in astronomy. The evidence available lead me from one to the next. I can be forgiven for what I believed as a child by if I still believed in astrology today I could rightly be regarded as a fool.
It is likewise foolish for an adult to believe that there is any connection between colours and abstract notions like 'love' beyond the arbitrary ones we might have in our heads which we understand are arbitrary.

And yes, I am fond of the swastika. It combines my political and religious views in a single image.

Old December 11th, 2019 #8
ColdFire
Banned

@ Joey . .

. . . would you describe yourself as an 'occultist' ? The stuff you post pretty much sounds like it , you know . .

Old December 17th, 2019 #9
joeylowsac
RaHoWarrior-SKINHEAD

Lightbulb

Quote:
@ Joey . .

. . . would you describe yourself as an 'occultist' ? The stuff you post pretty much sounds like it , you know . .
I never have and could not since I do not believe in the supernatural be it forces, events or beings which by definition is required.
My parents were Pagans. They converted to Wiccans before I was born, sometime before they moved to the USA. The main aspect that distinguishes it from the various other Pagan religions is magick. So in my youth I acquired a good deal of knowledge pertaining to metaphysical things that has almost no practical utility.
I'm not a Wiccan though, since a Wiccan that doesn't believe in magick is like a vegetarian that eats meat, a contradiction in terms. I am certainly a Pagan. And still practice the same Celtic Paganism. I've always celebrated the 8 feast days common to most Pagans (Equinoxes, Solstices, Imbolc, Bealtuinn/May Day, Lughnasadh, Samhuinn).
I do not believe that the gods are conscious entities or that our human consciousness survives our physical death.
Paganism has an intrinsically ethnocentric quality which as a skinhead has always appealed to me, as was the case with my father. Plus among skinheads, as with any militant group, there is an asymmetry in the sexes. This asymmetry is reversed among Celtic Pagans in general and is doubly so among Wiccans in particular. Something which has always appealed to me also.
I cannot imagine what life would have been like without religion. It would definitely have been much less colourful. ȣ

Old December 22nd, 2019 #10
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland14 View Post
So according to this theory the irish flag (my country;green, white, orange) implies that it is a country of harmony (landscape), of purity and where oranges grow?

. . . the colour associated with the Netherlands also isn't orange because oranges grow there , you know . .

Old December 22nd, 2019 #11
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
. . .there is enough info online why flags look the way they look on the net. I won't cite all sites on the net now , please search..

The net , though , is not always reliable . . just as a disclaimer . .

Last edited by ColdFire; December 24th, 2019 at 07:44 PM.

Old December 22nd, 2019 #12
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
. . . by that logic ,do you think the flag of the German Reich was black- white -red because they were Commies, knights ( see post 1) and fascists at the same time ?

Again , concerning the German Reich flag , I refer you to search the net

If we were starting to have a discussion here about why flags look the way they look . . that sure would take up a whole lotta bandwith

. . sometimes , better search the net . The net is broad , you know .

Last edited by ColdFire; December 24th, 2019 at 07:51 PM.

Old January 3rd, 2020 #13
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeylowsac View Post
This really isn't a theory . .

Quote:
. . okay ,just searched the net . . . It would appear that subject is mostly referred to as 'chromatics' . Sry . too late to change the thread-title though , lol

Last edited by ColdFire; January 3rd, 2020 at 08:12 PM.

Old January 3rd, 2020 #14
Hugh Akston
Banned

I don't yet understand what this thread is about, except that colors and flags and the like have been mentioned. But "color theory" is not clear to me.

In regard to flags, however, have you noticed that reds and blues and whites tend to dominate in European flags, whereas greens and yellows and oranges tend to dominate in bongo-beatin' African countries. Also in the tropic zones of Asia. Admittedly, exceptions occur in all regions of the world. But of course that has little with what you're actually talking about, correct?

Old January 3rd, 2020 #15
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Akston View Post
I don't yet understand what this thread is about, except that colors and flags and the like have been mentioned. But "color theory" is not clear to me.
It's about what certain colours are / can be associated with . . .

Our friend "Ireland14" brought the subject of flags into this thread.

Quote:
In regard to flags, however, have you noticed that reds and blues and whites tend to dominate in European flags, whereas greens and yellows and oranges tend to dominate in bongo-beatin' African countries. Also in the tropic zones of Asia. Admittedly, exceptions occur in all regions of the world.
Yup , red-white- blue are often colours associated with Western countries.

And . . the colours associated with Africa are usually red-green-yellow . .

Quote:
But of course that has little with what you're actually talking about, correct?
Yes , it does . .

Clarfication once again . . I started this thread because of a P.M. by someone who found my colour-comparison in the 'state glorified in media'-thread interesting.

Sry if the thread seemed a bit peculiar to you . .

Old January 4th, 2020 #16
Ireland14
Banned

Talking

No beef Coldy, my post wasn't meant one hundred per cent seriously.

Last edited by Ireland14; January 7th, 2020 at 06:08 PM.

Old January 12th, 2020 #17
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
No beef Coldy, my post wasn't meant one hundred per cent seriously.
It sounded that way

Old January 14th, 2020 #18
Ireland14
Banned

Quote:
. . .there is enough info online why flags look the way they look on the net. I won't cite all sites on the net now , please search..

The net , though , is not always reliable . . just as a disclaimer . .
I didn't exactly have the subject of flags in mind.

it was merely an attempt at humor

Last edited by Ireland14; January 20th, 2020 at 09:28 PM.

Thread