Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 7th, 2020 #1
alex revision

Default Petition calls for North Caddo High mascot change; School Board gives statement

Petition calls for North Caddo High mascot change; School Board gives statement

July 7, 2020

An online petition is asking Caddo Schools to remove the mascot from North Caddo Magnet High School in Vivian.

The online petition, which appears to have been created about three weeks ago, has garnered more than 2,300 signatures of a 2,500 signature goal.

In an emailed statement to The Times on Monday, Caddo Parish Schools said members of the school board and Superintendent Lamar Goree are aware of the petition.

https://eu.shreveporttimes.com/story...ge/5384442002/

Old July 7th, 2020 #2
Tony Boone

I’m a pirate and demand that all schools with pirate mascots change them or I’ll cry racism until all the major corporations support me in my efforts to attain social justice. Aaarrgh ....

Old July 7th, 2020 #3
Ironguard1940

Default Just abolish team names and mascots

Are PETA people demanding that teams with animal mascots and names change them? Six weeks ago this would be sarcasm. Right this minute if it is happening no surprise. How about teams named after natural disasters-San Jose Earthquakes, Colorado Avalanche, Chicago Fire, Miami Hurricanes, Iowa State Cyclones and, of course, the Carolina Hurricanes to name a few. Shouldn't that be considered offensive?

Thread