Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 7th, 2009 #161
Rounder

Default In today's mail (7 May 09)

$25.00 from Philip A. in Illinois for 250 copies. He's with the Illinois NSF and requests an additional 750 copies he says he and other NSF members will distribute. Can anybody vouch for them ?? I'll need some credible confirmation before I send them free TAAs.

Old May 7th, 2009 #162
Rounder

Default TAAs Shipped 7 May 09

500 copies to SA Mann in Virginia, one of our top 5 distributors.

Who's next to pledge support ??

Send check, cash, or money order to:

Glenn Miller
17209 Lawrence 1220,
Aurora, MO 65808

tel: 417-463-7703

Old May 7th, 2009 #163
Rounder

Default Attention Distributors !!!!

Each box of TAAs you receive will be stamped "Contents Inspected". The stamp is put on at my local post office. PO regulations require that MEDIA MAIL containers must be open for inspection by postal clerks at time of mailing to insure nothing but MEDIA MAIL is contained in the boxes. After they inspect, I tape each box shut, and staple the ends of the tape.

So don't get all paranoid about the stamp that says "Contents Inspected".

Now then, with that issue settled, who's next to pledge ??

Old May 8th, 2009 #164
Rounder

Default TAAs Shipped 8 May 09

400 copies to Brutus in FL, one of our top distributors and proven reliable.

700 copies to Phillip A. and the boys in Brazil (I mean Illinois) with the Illinois NSF. If these men do a good job, I might send them more free shipments.

150 copies to D.W. in a foreign country. (Postage alone for the 350 copies shipped to D.W. was $90.00. Media mail didn't apply).

Old May 8th, 2009 #165
Ron Doggett

Picked up two boxes at the Post Office today, now to see if there is a place in Virginia left were we haven't distributed VNN papers yet (just kidding there's a couple).

Old May 8th, 2009 #166
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounder View Post
Each box of TAAs you receive will be stamped "Contents Inspected". The stamp is put on at my local post office. PO regulations require that MEDIA MAIL containers must be open for inspection by postal clerks at time of mailing to insure nothing but MEDIA MAIL is contained in the boxes. After they inspect, I tape each box shut, and staple the ends of the tape.

That's not the normal procedure. I assume they are forcing inspections on you due to volume of shipments. Of course they retain the right to inspect, but in practice they take people's words - normally.

Old May 8th, 2009 #167
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Doggett View Post
Picked up two boxes at the Post Office today, now to see if there is a place in Virginia left were we haven't distributed VNN papers yet (just kidding there's a couple).
Thanks for letting us know, Ron. Since you've led everybody in distributing VNN's newspapers since day one, I can understand how you're running out of new areas to hit. Same problem here, unless I drive 100 miles or so. But what the hell, it's OK to hit the same areas again. Besides, it's been 2 years since the last VNN newspaper.

Good "hunting".

Old May 8th, 2009 #168
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
That's not the normal procedure. I assume they are forcing inspections on you due to volume of shipments. Of course they retain the right to inspect, but in practice they take people's words - normally.
That's just it, Alex. They "retain the right to inspect". And they've inspected every box since I started shipping from that PO, and after the boss lady there chewed me out for passing out TAAs and running my racist mouth while waiting in line. Most of the gals working there hate my guts and don't try to hide it. But I grin and say "hi yaw'll" everytime I enter the place carrying more boxes of "hate speech". Hell, I actually look forward to going.

Old May 8th, 2009 #169
Joe Snuffy

Quote:
150 copies to D.W. in a foreign country. (Postage alone for the 350 copies shipped to D.W. was $90.00. Media mail didn't apply).
Isn't there flat rate shipping for some of the different sized boxes they have in the post office that they don't weigh?

Sound like a bit much for shipping.

Old May 9th, 2009 #170
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
Isn't there flat rate shipping for some of the different sized boxes they have in the post office that they don't weigh?

Sound like a bit much for shipping.
The one PO gal who doesn't hate my guts told me it was the cheapest way to send it, Joe. But I don't really know. The fellow who ordered the papers sent me $100.00. Postage was a little over $90.00, and the papers cost us about $25.00. So, we lost a little on the deal, but I figure it's worth it to get TAAs inside that particular country.

Old May 10th, 2009 #171
Rounder

Default Weather forecast SW Missouri

I'm just itching to get out some TAAs, but look at this freakin weather forecast. And it's been this way for almost 2 weeks. How's the weather elsewhere ?? Suitable for distro'ing ??

Forecast Conditions
High °F
Low °F
Precip.
Chance
High Temperatures Low Temperatures Precipitation Wind Speed

Today
May 10

Showers

61°
48°

60%

61°F

Mon
May 11

AM Showers

65°
51°

30%

65°F

Tue
May 12

T-Showers

64°
60°

60%

64°F

Wed
May 13

Scattered T-Storms

78°
54°

40%

78°F

Thu
May 14

Few Showers

72°
53°

30%

72°F

Fri
May 15

Isolated T-Storms

74°
62°

30%

74°F

Old May 10th, 2009 #172
Ron Doggett

Rain and afternoon thunder storms were the deal all last week and we have a 70% chance of rain tomorrow. I hope however to get most if not all 1,000 out within the next two weeks max.

Old May 10th, 2009 #173
Dale VanderMeer
Your Pro-White Neighbor...

Thumbs up

RE: Rounder

Just received the TAA early this week, with no inspections to the package.
Just dropped some of them in restaurants, libraries and rest stops.

Looks like this is going to be a excellent week ahead for my area.

Old May 11th, 2009 #174
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Doggett View Post
Rain and afternoon thunder storms were the deal all last week and we have a 70% chance of rain tomorrow. I hope however to get most if not all 1,000 out within the next two weeks max.
As you well know thru experience Ron, it's always best to wait for fair weather to maximize readership. "No rain forecasted for at least 48 hours" is my rule. And it takes that long for some papers distributed to get picked up.

Old May 11th, 2009 #175
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale VanderMeer View Post
RE: Rounder

Just received the TAA early this week, with no inspections to the package.
Just dropped some of them in restaurants, libraries and rest stops.

Looks like this is going to be a excellent week ahead for my area.
I love hearing the details, Dale. Thanks for posting them. Papers dropped within coupla feet of mail boxes, on grass, in well kept white neighborhoods, yields the highest percentage of pick-ups, in my experienced judgment. And I like weekday afternoons, just before folks get home from work. Grass prevents wind from blowing papers away.

There are millions of unemployed/under-employed, pissed off white people out there who're far more receptive to us than before Obama and Depression II.

Who's next to pledge support for VNN's 8th newspaper edition ??

Old May 11th, 2009 #176
iceslayer
Tom O'Brien

Default not paranoid, rounder

Quote:

Some of us are not paranoid, Rounder, we were just letting you know of the sticker.
Didnt know if you were aware of it or not.
Thats all. Simple.
I, for example, dont care who knows whats in the box that I get.
I am handing them out at the local college (amongst other places)...... so my face is kind of out there anyways.

Alex is right.
I am sorry that your local post office kwans dont like you, but it really is not normal operating procedure what you go through.

Old May 11th, 2009 #177
iceslayer
Tom O'Brien

Default by the way......

I am going to send you another check for some more papers.
Look for it this week.

Old May 11th, 2009 #178
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceslayer View Post
Some of us are not paranoid, Rounder, we were just letting you know of the sticker.
Didnt know if you were aware of it or not.
Thats all. Simple.
I, for example, dont care who knows whats in the box that I get.
I am handing them out at the local college (amongst other places)...... so my face is kind of out there anyways.

Alex is right.
I am sorry that your local post office kwans dont like you, but it really is not normal operating procedure what you go through.
Thanks for bringing up the "sticker", iceslayer. It reminded me to explain why it's on each box, and the fact the stickers were put on each box at time of mailing at my local PO.

And thanks much for making another pledge. Who's next ??

Old May 11th, 2009 #179
Rounder

Default TAAs Shipped Monday (11 May 09)

1,000 more "bullets" launched:

400 copies to McKinley in Indiana. Mac is proven reliable and efficient - a long time and prolific distributor.

400 copies to John K. in MA, a long time activist, super dedicated, and a personal friend of mine who's already distributed several thousand VNN newspapers.

200 to Signal in the rebel state of Georgia.

Last edited by Rounder; May 12th, 2009 at 12:00 PM.

Old May 12th, 2009 #180
Maxine Grey
Banned

Rounder thank you so much! I got the papers today.

They are great.

I am dividing them up for the Kleagles tomorrow. For placement out in to the wider community

Tags
taa, vnn newspaper

Thread