Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 6th, 2013 #61
Brooklyn Rick

Hey Fred, check out Lincoln county, MT as well. Where I live is very rural and quiet. Streams and lakes galore. It's kinda far ( the NW corner of the state) but very cheap to live. My car insurance is 30 bucks a month ( in Brooklyn it was 340 a month). Home ins. is 850 a year for 400,000 in coverage, and taxes are around 800 a year. It's 99.6% White here and it shows. Moving here was the first best decision I ever made. Leaving my soon to be X wife in Brooklyn was the second. It's fucking beautiful here, but at night its spooky. Things with teeth are on the move, and we are the chicken wings.

Old June 6th, 2013 #62
Brooklyn Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale VanderMeer View Post
It seems quite tempting. Wonder what land values are around there. Getting a good chunk of land and building on it sounds great too. What's the soil like for growing vegetables and fruits, folks?
The soil is great for foodstuffs, but the deer eat everything.

Old June 6th, 2013 #63
Kelley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Rick View Post
The soil is great for foodstuffs, but the deer eat everything.
But the deer are tasty.

Quote:
Hey Fred, check out Lincoln county, MT as well. Where I live is very rural and quiet. Streams and lakes galore. It's kinda far ( the NW corner of the state) but very cheap to live. My car insurance is 30 bucks a month ( in Brooklyn it was 340 a month). Home ins. is 850 a year for 400,000 in coverage, and taxes are around 800 a year. It's 99.6% White here and it shows. Moving here was the first best decision I ever made. Leaving my soon to be X wife in Brooklyn was the second. It's fucking beautiful here, but at night its spooky. Things with teeth are on the move, and we are the chicken wings.
I've yet to get to Libby or Eureka... I had plans to go out there this weekend, but I had to cancel. I don't doubt it is awesome. I needed a bigger urban area for me though, plus I wanted to be closer to Glacier. But I plan on eventually spending a lot of time out your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale VanderMeer View Post
It seems quite tempting. Wonder what land values are around there. Getting a good chunk of land and building on it sounds great too. What's the soil like for growing vegetables and fruits, folks?
Land values in the Flathead Valley are at a premium. Expensive, because this area is fast growing, and farmland is turning into housing.

Surrounding valleys, such as the Smith, Swan, Mission, Tobacco and other valleys over in Lincoln and Sanders Counties are more reasonable.

The soil here is considered some of the best in the country.

Old June 6th, 2013 #64
Brooklyn Rick

If you are coming up here Kelly, let me know. I could meet you in Libby or Troy. The Trout fishing here is first rate, and my property ends at the Yaak river. It's nice to have water rights!!

Old June 6th, 2013 #65
Kelley

Quote:
If you are coming up here Kelly, let me know. I could meet you in Libby or Troy. The Trout fishing here is first rate, and my property ends at the Yaak river. It's nice to have water rights!!
Will do, I would have been out your way for a gold panning trip.

But there is a whole summer to get out there, I will let you know. You can also call me Scott. Kelley is my middle name.

Old June 6th, 2013 #66
keifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley View Post
Will do, I would have been out your way for a gold panning trip.

But there is a whole summer to get out there, I will let you know. You can also call me Scott. Kelley is my middle name.
In Nevada there are laws that forbid panning on public BLM land. If this is a BLM issue then it might apply to Mt. as well.

Old June 6th, 2013 #67
Brooklyn Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by keifer View Post
In Nevada there are laws that forbid panning on public BLM land. If this is a BLM issue then it might apply to Mt. as well.
I have seen several places in the county permitting gold panning. This is all the Kootenai National forest, so I would assume it's OK on the Federal level. Even if it was not, who the fuck is gonna tell zog? A metal detector is on my list of things to get. Who knows.............

Old June 7th, 2013 #68
Kelley

Quote:
My landlady is a gold miner. She owns a gold mine and section of a panning river in Dillon, and also runs a gold panning club. Even if there are generally issues, I'm sure she knows the laws enough that no one gets in trouble. They do the gold panning trip monthly during the summer.... usually to Libby since it is closer.

I actually think it is all done on private land.

Old June 7th, 2013 #69
Fred
Commie Killer

Boy Rick, from Brooklyn to the mountains? That is cool.

I am still pondering this. I am limited to no more than $200,000 for a place. Where I live now is pretty nice too. The summers are heaven on earth. Plus just about every company I work with does have at least a satellite office in the nearest metropolis. But When I research the Montana option it does seem just great.

I priced out a trip to the area for a week. It will be a few grand. I just need to get the time to make it out. Maybe this fall.

Good luck out there and enjoy it.

Old June 7th, 2013 #70
GREG IN SPOKANE

Quote:
My landlady is a gold miner. She owns a gold mine and section of a panning river in Dillon, and also runs a gold panning club. Even if there are generally issues, I'm sure she knows the laws enough that no one gets in trouble. They do the gold panning trip monthly during the summer.... usually to Libby since it is closer.

I actually think it is all done on private land.
So you don't actually own any property? Looks like my economic assessment of you was correct after all.

Old June 7th, 2013 #71
keifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREG IN SPOKANE View Post
So you don't actually own any property? Looks like my economic assessment of you was correct after all.
Economics: Time,Money,Energy invested per number of people who receive WN message.

Old June 7th, 2013 #72
Kelley

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREG IN SPOKANE View Post
I own property in Florida.

Not to mention, the property I live on sits directly under a mountain, is 5 acres, and only 500 a month. If I wanted to buy a herd of llama to keep here I could.

I also live with WN roommates. Going to try to insult that, too?

You are really bad with this trying to be witty thing. You're obviously new to WN, so you have no idea who I or anyone else is, so I guess we can excuse that.

My goal is to eventually buy land in Bad Rock Canyon. But that is a few years off. I'm spending most of my money on guns, gun supplies, ammo and many other things like that.

Old June 7th, 2013 #73
Kelley

I suppose I need to ask you something, Greg...

If your economic situation is so much better than mine, why are you not out helping WN families and individuals? I'm constantly out doing it. I am constantly donating time and energy to help out FAWN (Financial Assistance for White Nationalists), where I am one of the ones that vote on helping people.

All I see is you trying to be witty, but not actually trying to be a part of any community. Not helping people.

When people visit Kalispell, I meet them every time. I've been the most outgoing PLE contact, meeting pretty much everyone that contacts me. If they need me to go look at a house for them, I do it. Help them get a job? I do my best. Hel, I did much of it over the last couple years despite being very sick.

What you seem to be showing me is you are not on VNN or in the WN movement to do anything other than bitch, moan, whine, and pick fights.... and be an overall douche.

You're useless to us if that is all you bring to the table.

If you don't like what I just said... who cares? It gets old listening to that kind of crap.

If you want to discuss things, discuss things. If you want to try to be witty, learn how to first.

Old June 8th, 2013 #74
keifer

Conceal Carry reciprocation laws in Montana.
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html

Old June 8th, 2013 #75
Bardamu
Banned

The winters are pretty rough there in Montana? I guess you all get buried in snow and then the temps drop to sub-zero with wind chills far below that. I grew up in that kind of climate in Iowa. I'm looking for a place to buy property, but I'm a little hesitant because of the winters in that region.

Old June 8th, 2013 #76
keifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardamu View Post
The winters are pretty rough there in Montana? I guess you all get buried in snow and then the temps drop to sub-zero with wind chills far below that. I grew up in that kind of climate in Iowa. I'm looking for a place to buy property, but I'm a little hesitant because of the winters in that region.
The Continental Divide splits the milder western part of Montana from the cooler climate of the east.
http://www.gardenguides.com/138554-g...s-montana.html

Old June 8th, 2013 #77
Bardamu
Banned

Quote:
The Continental Divide splits the milder western part of Montana from the cooler climate of the east.
http://www.gardenguides.com/138554-g...s-montana.html
That's a good way to sort it out. In milder western Montana you get 150 frost free days on average according to the above.

Old June 8th, 2013 #78
Kelley

Quote:
Eastern Montana. Western Montana is no worse than Washington or Oregon.

The last few years, we have also had surprisingly little snow. I remember we got more in southeast Michigan.

We also don't go sub-zero here.

Old June 8th, 2013 #79
Bardamu
Banned

Quote:
Eastern Montana. Western Montana is no worse than Washington or Oregon.

The last few years, we have also had surprisingly little snow. I remember we got more in southeast Michigan.

We also don't go sub-zero here.
I'll do some research. Zillow and the like.

Old June 9th, 2013 #80
Kelley

Quote:
I'll do some research. Zillow and the like.
Always research.

I should point out that the climate is changing here more than anywhere else in the nation. Warming majorly. This area will eventually be the newest major wine producer. Sadly, it also means that in 15 years the last of our Glaciers will have melted. 15 years ago there were 200 in Glacier National Park. 20 now.

They study natural climate change here. Though libtards think we can stop it by buying Priuses, they are incorrect.

Thread