VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 5th, 2011 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default Espn

ESPN Does Not Want You To See Dick Vitale Meeting The Pope

The following directive recently went out within the ESPN empire, via its newswire:

CBB—Do not run video of Vitale meeting Pope
Please make sure that any video or reporting on Dick Vitale meeting the Pope does NOT air on our shows.

No explanation was given, but, honestly, who cares about a gassy old relic representing an opaque and authoritarian institution full of perverts, anyway? And, for that matter, who cares about the pope?

http://deadspin.com/5827882/espn-doe...eting-the-pope

Old August 5th, 2011 #2
Tim

Richard J. "Dick" Vitale

Old August 6th, 2011 #3
White Winger

But, if any ESPN personalities meet with a typically PHONY nigger "holy man",like Calvin Butts, Jeremiah Wright, Desmond Dudu Pupu, etc?

PHOTOS GALORE all over the ESPN site, treating it as rightful, normal.

Old August 6th, 2011 #4
confederate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
ESPN Does Not Want You To See Dick Vitale Meeting The Pope

The following directive recently went out within the ESPN empire, via its newswire:

CBB—Do not run video of Vitale meeting Pope
Please make sure that any video or reporting on Dick Vitale meeting the Pope does NOT air on our shows.

No explanation was given, but, honestly, who cares about a gassy old relic representing an opaque and authoritarian institution full of perverts, anyway? And, for that matter, who cares about the pope?

http://deadspin.com/5827882/espn-doe...eting-the-pope

in the words of that great humanitarian "uncle" joe stalin, "the pope? the pope? how many divisions does he have?"

Dr. William Pierce

Old January 23rd, 2017 #5
Ray Allan

I'm sure some of you have already heard this, but what's 2 jews, 2 niggers and a desk? ESPN Sports Center!

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old January 23rd, 2017 #6
N.B. Forrest

hebeSPN....

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old February 13th, 2017 #8
David Baxter

White people need to quit financing thugs in sports. Why anyone would want to see a prison yard disguised as a sport, is beyond me. I think that's the case, especially with football and basketball.

Old April 26th, 2017 #9
Alex Linder
Administrator

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ir-talent.html

ESPN to lay off about 100 employees today, including on-air talent

It’s a dark day at ESPN.

The sports broadcasting network sent a memo to employees early Wednesday, informing them that a series of previously announced layoffs would take place today. The number of employees cut will be around 100, Fox News has learned.

The memo, from ESPN President John Skipper, noted that the network’s new talent lineup will be announced soon. The layoffs are expected to impact some of the network’s popular on-air personalities.

“Dynamic change demands an increased focus on versatility and value, and as a result, we have been engaged in the challenging process of determining the talent—anchors, analysts, reporters, writers and those who handle play-by-play—necessary to meet those demands,” Skipper wrote to employees. “We will implement changes in our talent lineup this week. A limited number of other positions will also be affected and a handful of new jobs will be posted to fill various needs.

“These decisions impact talented people who have done great work for our company. I would like to thank all of them for their efforts and their many contributions to ESPN.”

Follow
Ed Werder ✔ @Edwerderespn
After 17 years reporting on #NFL, I've been informed that I'm being laid off by ESPN effective immediately. I have no plans to retire
8:32 AM - 26 Apr 2017
4,157 4,157 Retweets 4,352 4,352 likes

Scott Burnside @OvertimeScottB
After 13 years of sticks and pucks can share that as of today my tenure at ESPN is at a close. I look forward to the next adventure.
9:15 AM - 26 Apr 2017
321 321 Retweets 395 395 likes

Brendan Fitzgerald ✔ @BrendanFitzESPN
I was treated great by #ESPN during my 3 years. Time to find out what's next. Will miss all the great people I worked with! #ToTheNextStep pic.twitter.com/ZIBHFvFZeJ
9:21 AM - 26 Apr 2017
5 5 Retweets 4 4 likes

ESPN TO CUT ON-AIR TALENT

Fox News has learned that ESPN employees were being informed of the cuts early Wednesday. A source with knowlege of the situation told Fox News that despite buzz that the planned number of layoffs has grown in recent weeks, the gameplan was always to cut around 100 people.

ESPN also outlined the network’s new strategy in a post on its media website published Wednesday. The company is placing an increased focused on its ESPN App with a “multi-screen approach around big events.”

“On the horizon is more live news video and enhanced video and audio streaming,” the release stated.

ESPN also plans to bolster its online presence.

“Our goal continues to be to maximize our unparalleled scale in every medium with storytelling that stands out and makes a difference. We are well-equipped to thrive going forward by embracing these themes."

Old September 23rd, 2017 #11
Nockda Redout

Sports is the opium of the people.

Old March 9th, 2018 #13
Jeffrey Smither

I used to like ESPN when they did NHL coverage with Bill Clement and Gary Thorne. The video quality was amazing and so was the sound quality. Great having the volume up when the Blues scored and the foghorn and organ played after. Sounded just like being at the arena.

Thread