VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 18th, 2014 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default #1 Simple Workout Programs

There are other threads for serious, heavy duty stuff. This is for lighter stuff. (I mean, post what you like, but I'm using this for simple, quick ideas.)

http://www.theminimalists.com/6minute/

There are links to various exercises you can do without weights.

It is most important, in doing exercises, to observe proper form. Otherwise you fail to reap the benefit and you can damage your body. Figure out how to do the thing correctly, then repeat it until it's burned into your muscle memory.

I have recounted before, how when I was in college I copied Herschel Walker, who claimed he didn't lift weights, only did pushups and other exercises. I worked myself up to 1500 a day. I'm not exaggerating. Unlike 90% of the world, I never lie about things like that. Never. I built up to where Walker claimed he was -
(as I recall). (Looking it up, he's still doing it.)*

I proved I could do it. But it was taking nearly two hours to do. And you dont really need triceps that are growing over your elbow joint. I'm not that heavy boned, and could never do 50 or 100 at a time the way some claim they can, I did all mine in sets of 20 or 25. Today, I do 200 in sets of twenty a couple times a week. That's all you need really, at least at my age. More important is just getting out and walking around, which is easy to do if you don't have a car, or you just like walking. Biking is good too.

The link above has a couple other exercises that look pretty good.

One exercise that is one of the best, if you have a car, is car pushing. Why is this great? Because it works your entire body at once - like a squat - but without the great danger involved in doing squats - because the motion is horizontal. Car pushing will exhaust you in very short order, and that's what you're looking for. No wasted time, give your whole body and heart-lung apparatus a good working out. Then just hop in and drive home! School parking lots are great place for car pushing.

* Hell, in video he says he did and does up to 5,000 a day! That is truly amazing. But pushups are easier for some people than others. He can probably rip off at least 50 at a time, whereas others like me cannot.

Last edited by Alex Linder; March 18th, 2014 at 06:54 AM.

Old March 18th, 2014 #2
Kajtimar
Banned

Two years ago, when I was studying in the capital city (I'm writing a diploma now), I would return to my apartment at 18:00 and every half an hour take a one minute and a half break and do sixty push-ups (till 23:30). When I returned home for weekend, I would do sixty push-ups every hour from 9:00 to 22:00. I also used to run three times a day (from Friday till Sunday) in the nearby forest. Before and after each run I used to do twenty pull-ups on the swing in my garden. Sometimes I would switch push-ups for sixty sit-ups.

I recall watching this video because I was afraid I might damage my body:

When I was on student exchange I used to do only sixty push-ups per day because I would walk a couple of kilometres every day.

Currently I do fifty push-ups six times a day and run every night.

I dislike people who don't have the will or power to maintain their body, but want to make friends with me. I mean, if one can't even govern his body properly ...

Last edited by Kajtimar; March 18th, 2014 at 10:27 AM.

Old March 21st, 2014 #3
Alex Linder
Administrator

Old March 22nd, 2014 #4
Solskeniskyn

Ross Enamait has a lot of good low-tech training videos:

Old March 22nd, 2014 #5
Solskeniskyn

In the same vein as the car-pushing suggestion above: an old tractor tire (which you often can find being given away for free by dealerships if you look around) can also provide a great and enjoyable old-school addition to your regimen:

I keep mine on a little secluded patch of grass in the vicinity of my aboding (since I don't have a yard and prefer to keep my lebensraum uncluttered with this stuff), and bring my sledgehammer with me to simply beat the shit out of it, flip it around, add some squats/pushups/lunges/sprints/whatever, and call it a day after 20-30 min of very uncomplicated, fun, high intensity training in the fresh air.

Last edited by Solskeniskyn; March 22nd, 2014 at 04:18 AM.

Old March 23rd, 2014 #6
Cora McGuire

Quote:
We suggest:

A-fits (advanced peeps) : Push yourself hard in each 50 seconds. Go fast in each interval.
B-fits (beginner peeps): Go at a slower speed, take breaks when needed. Omit the jump in the burpees. You can try doing an interval of 12 rounds of 20 sec rest – 40 sec work and build you way up to the full interval.

Old March 23rd, 2014 #7
Hugh
Holorep survivor

It's not how many, but how slowly.
Slower is better.
One can feel the impact of a pullup done slowly more than many done quickly.

Old March 23rd, 2014 #8
Karl Lueger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solskeniskyn View Post
Ross has some body-weight training books out, which are pretty good and not expensive,
but theres also some websites focusing on bw training.

Serbian guys:

Rambo, John J.

Old March 25th, 2014 #9
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
It's not how many, but how slowly.
Slower is better.
One can feel the impact of a pullup done slowly more than many done quickly.
I think it's in between. You dont want to bounce, because that can strain stuff. But you dont want to snail it either, you want some explosiveness, but controlled. And you want to burn the muscle out so you exhaust it, that's where you get the new strength and growth. The older you are, the longer it will take to recover, and that's the period in which the muscle is building up. You can generally feel in yourself the right pace and interval.

Old March 10th, 2018 #10
Randolph Dilloway
Banned

.pdf found here:

https://archive.org/details/ConvictConditioning_201602

I am 52 years old and can still out work most half my age. This book explains why one should avoid weightlifting and instead embrace old school calisthenics.

Old March 10th, 2018 #11
Randolph Dilloway
Banned

Walking/hiking

For the past two years, five times a week, I have walked 15-20 miles a day. For years, been stuck between 220-230lbs, a bit chubby, but still in good shape for my age (50s). Now down to around 190lbs. Not bad for my height and frame.

Herschel Walker was not the only athlete who avoided the weight room, Walter Payton, was another one. Happen to run into him some 25 years ago for a few minutes. Asked him how he trained during his football career. He told me during the off season he would often run up and down the Sleeping Bear Dunes to get into top shape.

http://www.sleepingbeardunes.com/

Old November 4th, 2023 #12
Noel W. Frost
Moron with self control

When I was at one of my numerous trailer unloading gigs, we used to joke that we were paid to workout.

It was no joke.

Anyways, I would hope that Whites would have other Whites from which to draw inspiration. Looking to what Herschel Walker and Walter Payton do or did is a sign of our racial decline - but the sad fact may be that they are the best examples.

Tags
#1, exercise, workout

Thread