VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 13th, 2013 #61
Heinz W.

Grandpa Drank To Much At The St. John Picnic by The Dujka Brothers

Old August 16th, 2014 #64
Nate Richards

Quote:
You know how some stores play classical music to keep the muds out?

Polka music is anathema to muds. Probably not 10 muds in the world who like it.
Bonus points for giving heebie jeebies too, if you know what I mean!
Uhh yes and NO. Mexicans fucking LOVE polka. Rural northern Mexicans do, anyway, those most common invaders. They call it something else, of course, and they've changed it just slightly but it's definitely polka. If you ever lived in a Mexican zone of an American city, I'm sure you're heard them driving around blasting it out of their trucks. Leftovers from Germanics that settled there and have since then mostly emigrated or miscegenated.

Hey, Heinz... do you stop in to post once a year or something? lol

There's a few good tunes in this show

Ostanek and the Western Senators http://www.westernsenators.com/polkarama.html are really big in Canada but they visit way down south here in North Dakota sometimes. I've been told his material is more Slavic-style but I'm not polka enough to really notice much of the subtle differences. Good stuff though.

I set the video to start on my favorite one, that rainbow song. It would make a nice ironic little HBD anthem, you can only sing it about white girls or it doesn't make sense. Hell, it's probably kinda risque up there in the Canadian People's Republic lol To my ear it does sound a bit derivative: "you are my sunshine"?, but still a great song and you could customize the eye and hair color to your favorite girl in the audience. Also, it's getting to where it's a nice change to see/hear rainbows associated with anything besides faggotry.

There's other good songs in there too, listen to the whole thing if you have the time.

Old May 8th, 2016 #65
Randolph Dilloway
Banned

A year and a half ago someone told me that this thread was at one time the best on VNN.

Debateable.

Just enjoy the music.

(Yes, I used to be Smoky)

Old May 8th, 2016 #66
Randolph Dilloway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtn View Post
Enjoyed that one, thanks.

Back in 1986, at the age of 21, the Mackinac Hotel put me in charge of mixed drinks at a polka convention. At first I bitched about it because I was going to have to do a double shift (during the day, I was the lifeguard at the hotel's pool). But after listening to a few songs, I knew that I was going to have a good time that evening. Gave the order to slash the price of drinks to 50-cents each. Also told the bartenders to help themselves and to not forget the waiters and waitresses.

Everyone had the time of their lives.

The next morning, while trying to explain to hotel management how I only managed to collect around $750 for over 2,000 mixed drinks, hotel guests were shaking my hand for the great time they had the night before.
True story.

The only reason I didn't lose my job was due to the attendees of the polka convention shaking my hand as the hotel management was about to fire my ass in the hotel lobby.

Last edited by Randolph Dilloway; May 8th, 2016 at 02:45 PM.

Old November 24th, 2018 #73
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

My favorite Polka: Christmas Dream, with lyrics:

Old July 9th, 2019 #76
Heinz W.

True Annie Waltz by The Dujka Brothers

Old October 3rd, 2019 #78
Gladiatrix

No Polish or any other eastern European in my background, but this was a staple at weddings. For some reason.

Thread