VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 11th, 2013 #1
Jim Dandy
Banned

Default #1 Twitter Thread: Real Tweets of Genius

Ok, everyone is on twitter. Why arent you? I get tired of being the only white man with a white perspective getting ganged up on by the sheep.

Here is the basics for twitter. You sign up, then you "follow" someone. I follow you, you follow me, until we create a gang or a chain. You can shout out to celebs who dont follow you, who have millions of followers and if the celeb replies, their million followers see your message.

You dont have to use your real name or even have anyone know you post at vnnforum.

Just put your @username in this thread and we can follow each other. Its that simple.

Old August 12th, 2013 #2
Jim Dandy
Banned

So is no one interested or nobody uses that newfangled twitter thing here?

Old August 12th, 2013 #3
The Bobster
Banned

Here ARE the basics for twitter. You sign up. their program accesses your address book against your will and engages in contact scraping, sending out an e-mail to everyone in your address book. Who needs that crap?

Old August 12th, 2013 #4
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Dandy View Post
Ok, everyone is on twitter.
No, they aren't.

Quote:
Why arent you?
Several reasons. I'm not self centered enough to think that I should be 'followed' by anybody using 25 characters or less for starters. The Bobster already got the second reason.

Quote:
You dont have to use your real name or even have anyone know you post at vnnforum.

Just put your @username in this thread
and we can follow each other. Its that simple.
You do realize that VNN is a public forum, and if a person were concerned about anyoning knowing we post at VNNF, then puting our @username in this thread defeats that purpose, don't you?

Why is it that there are always new people that want to get extra information from members?

<grumble, talking about 'gangs, shout outs, and celebs', mumble-grumble>

Last edited by Mr A.Anderson; August 12th, 2013 at 11:43 PM.

Old August 13th, 2013 #5
Zander

Never "Twittered" in my life. Wouldn't know how, never intend to find out.

Old August 13th, 2013 #6
Peer Fischer

Yeah, everybody important is on Twitter.

Old August 13th, 2013 #8
Bev
drinking tea

From a while ago.
Mission:

Twitter Hashtag Hijacking

Result for another poster who took part:

Quote:
Your account is suspended and is not permitted to send Tweets.
Another exercise at the gym of futility and, for Europeans, a potentially legally dangerous exercise.

It's a good idea in theory but in practice, unless you've very careful what you post, it backfires.

Old August 13th, 2013 #9
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
Another exercise at the gym of futility and, for Europeans, a potentially legally dangerous exercise.
Twitter agrees to hand over details of people who post racist or anti-Semitic comments after losing French legal battle

Old August 13th, 2013 #10
Bev
drinking tea

Exactly.

I know several Brits have also been done for various Twitter comments so whether they hand over British details as well or the police just deduce who it is from their tweets/profile (and it ain't hard to do in a lot of cases), I don't know.

Old August 13th, 2013 #11
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
Exactly.

I know several Brits have also been done for various Twitter comments so whether they hand over British details as well or the police just deduce who it is from their tweets/profile (and it ain't hard to do in a lot of cases), I don't know.
Quote:
The development out of the DHS comes at the same time that U.S. District Judge Liam O’Grady denied pleas from supporters of WikiLeaks who had tried to prevent account information pertaining to their Twitter accounts from being provided to federal prosecutors. Jacob Applebaum and others advocates of Julian Assange’s whistleblower site were fighting to keep the government from subpoenaing information on their personal accounts that were collected from Twitter.

Last month the Boston Police Department and the Suffolk Massachusetts District Attorney subpoenaed Twitter over details pertaining to recent tweets involving the Occupy Boston protests.
http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t...=spying+tweets
As you well know, data collected by US spying programs, is being shared with foreign governments.

US authorities can spy on the iCloud without a warrant

Old August 13th, 2013 #12
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr A.Anderson View Post
As you well know, data collected by US spying programs, is being shared with foreign governments.

US authorities can spy on the iCloud without a warrant
Yep. I've not heard of a waycist tweeter being dragged into court and the prosecution saying "the US told us who you were" but I don't doubt at all that this method is how initial information is gleaned and then backed up with clues from the Twitter profile/tweets.

Ages ago, I posted a story that said the US Library (I think) copied and recorded every single tweet ever sent (for historical purposes ) It's not unreasonable to think that various European governments decided this was a good idea and followed suit.

Quote:
133,000 gigabytes worth of tweets currently takes days to search, but The Library of Congress is nonetheless trying to archive American Twitter use for posterity

The venerable US institution is assembling all of the 400 million tweets sent by Americans each day, in the belief that each of the mini-messages reflect a small but important part of the national narrative.

"An element of our mission at the Library of Congress is to collect the story of America, and to acquire collections that will have research value," said Gayle Osterberg, director of communications at the library.

The Library of Congress, located off the National Mall in Washington, houses millions of hard copy books and historic documents, and its online archives amass millions of additional works produced by Americans for more than two centuries.

Now it wants to be keeper of the nation's brief internet messages as well: Twitter in April 2010 signed a deal with the Library, giving it access to tweets dating back to the company's inception in 2006.

Collecting the 140-character micro-missives, said Osterberg, is in keeping with the library's main goal "to collect the story of America and to acquire collections that will have research value."

One major challenge to the Library, however, is storing the messages from the popular social messaging site, which now number 170 billion. Twitter last month said the number of active users on the messaging platform has topped 200 million, most of whom are in the United States.

Tweets that have been deleted or that are locked will not be among those gathered by the Library of Congress.

Among the messages to be preserved for posterity are the first-ever tweets sent by one of the company's founders, Jack Dorsey.

Also saved for all time is a famous tweet sent by President Barack Obama after his historic November 2008 victory to claim the White House in his first term. "We just made history. All of this happened because you gave your time, talent and passion. All of this happened because of you. Thanks," it read.......
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/libra...#ixzz2bqyHejlo

The internet (and the US authorities) never forgets.

Old August 13th, 2013 #13
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

"You cheeky dickwaffle!" "Hey Dandy Dick, you missed!"

Old August 13th, 2013 #14
Jim Dandy
Banned

Look at this. Cowering in fear over posting text on twitter. They really have you beat then. Too afraid to stand up in public and too afraid to stand up online. What good are you people? Too scared to join twitter, Rotflmao!

Oh noes! You say...your account will get banned! SO THE FUCK WHAT? Sign up for a new one!

You cowards dont have to use your real name and pics on twitter, just steal some pics off Facebook. WTF!

Im not talking about tweeting "die nigger die" or "kill all the jews", is that all that is left here at vnn?

Proxies work on twitter too. Bunch of wusses.

Old August 13th, 2013 #15
M.N. Dalvez

Quote:
just steal some pics off Facebook.
Identity theft? That's low - Mossad-style tactics. WTF, indeed.

If you have to stoop to such low acts, doesn't that just show YOU are too scared to stand by, and take personal responsibility for, your own actions? That you are, in fact, a 'coward' and a 'wuss', even though you accuse others of being these things?

Are you a provocateur, or just stupid and immoral? Don't bother to answer - I think it's pretty clear that you're all three of these things.

Old August 13th, 2013 #16
Jim Dandy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.N. Dalvez View Post
Identity theft? That's low - Mossad-style tactics. WTF, indeed.

If you have to stoop to such low acts, doesn't that just show YOU are too scared to stand by, and take personal responsibility for, your own actions? That you are, in fact, a 'coward' and a 'wuss', even though you accuse others of being these things?

Are you a provocateur, or just stupid and immoral?
Using someones pic on twitter isnt "identity theft" unless you claim to be that person, coward.

The british in 1776 stood out in the open field and got shot by rebels hiding in the bush.

Old August 13th, 2013 #17
Jae Manzel

Quote:
Look at this. Cowering in fear over posting text on twitter. They really have you beat then. Too afraid to stand up in public and too afraid to stand up online. What good are you people? Too scared to join twitter, Rotflmao!

Oh noes! You say...your account will get banned! SO THE FUCK WHAT? Sign up for a new one!

You cowards dont have to use your real name and pics on twitter, just steal some pics off Facebook. WTF!

Im not talking about tweeting "die nigger die" or "kill all the jews", is that all that is left here at vnn?

Proxies work on twitter too. Bunch of wusses.
if you have something, say it here. Posting on a forum is the same as social networking. (quite closely) Here there's no censorship,its a public forum and if you have a message to send, anyone can see it. On twitter its full of libtards, so that whatever you say, will mostly get negative responses!

Old August 13th, 2013 #18
M.N. Dalvez

Quote:
sing someones pic on twitter isnt "identity theft" unless you claim to be that person
By using a person's picture on your PERSONAL Twitter account, you ARE in effect claiming to be that person.

That's , taken right from the Mossad playbook (literally, they've been doing it for years and years, with a particularly egregious example from my own country in very recent times), no matter how you slice it.

Old August 13th, 2013 #19
M.N. Dalvez

Note for mods: I'm getting a distinctly-Valdezian feeling about this 'Jim Dandy' character. Maybe 'he's' just decided to take a new tack here at VNN?

I could be wrong. But the more I read of his posts and his attitude, the more I get this feeling. But it's not just a 'feeling', it has to do with the way he writes, and the spirit of what he writes.

For example:

Quote:
Using someones pic on twitter isnt "identity theft" unless you claim to be that person, coward.
This is Valdez-syntax right now to the comma-insult construction that 'he' was so fond of finishing sentences with.

Quote:
You can shout out to celebs
'Shout out' - 'Valdez' also loved to misappropriate nigger slang in between his copy-and-paste fests.

Not to mention, the 'shrug' emote that he was so fond of ending his posts with.

Last edited by M.N. Dalvez; August 13th, 2013 at 01:59 PM.

Old August 13th, 2013 #20
Jim Dandy
Banned

Yeah, im not a 2013 Mexican who imagines Im an ancient Injun warrior....try again.

Look cowards, dont get on twitter and make threats and you wont end up in the gulag. You cant make threats here, so why would you on twitter.

Last time I checked, ridicule and mockery were still legal. Im sure when the queer hegemony feels threatened it will be but for now its legal.

Thread