Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 23rd, 2022 #1
steven clark

Default See How They Run

See HowThey Run is an old farce, but this film is nothing like it. It's a kind of pastiche of English whodunits, and seems to satirize the genre and yet is a kind of slapdash manufacture of a genre that is stale and forgettable.

The film starts in the early fifties, and The Mousetrap is being performed (as it has been for decades), and at the Agatha Christie play a real murder occurs...Leo Kopernick (Adrian Brody, as a wise-cracking, smarmy Jew, and one of the best performances in this film). Inspector Stoppard (a weary Sam Rockwell) takes over, ably assisted by Constable Stalker (Saoirse Ronan, easily the best thing about this film), and so the investigation goes on into an easily forgettable film. I thought Ronan was pretty engaging, and as I said, Brody was a lot of fun. If they had been teamed up...
But there's a sense this movie is a kind of eulogy for British middlebrow culture. It borrows elements from the genre, and hits you with all its p.c. flummery.
Cocker-Norris, the semi-fag playwright, is played by a nigger. One of the directors has a nigger girlfriend. And we finally bring Agatha Christie into the show, and her husband...did you know he was a black archeologist?
Lots of scenes with niggers and white birds.
Is it just p.c.? No, it's to remind us that blacks are in these films partly to re-write history, and as a kind of watchman, to make sure whites don't all get together unsupervised.

The film recalled Knives Out, a movie in 2020, just released before Covid shut everything down, and it was a whodunit, but showed whites as grasping, mean, nasty...but a hispanic maid was just the darling of the film.

Again, I note how these movie types no longer hide their hatred of whites, or white culture. In See How They Run, they seem to have declared war on the whodunit, a genre I'm not fond of, but it seems most of British civ. is.
It borrows and tries to graft so much of the formula, but is pretty forgettable.
Now it seems they can't even make a normal movie anymore, although a recent re-make of Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris was a good attempt, but I got tired of the damned niggers thrown in your face, and it was just slack storytelling.

I'm reminded of how at the end of the Roman Empire classical culture seemed to just petered out. It was somewhat symbolic that this film opened just when HRH died.

Thread