VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 21st, 2019 #1
ColdFire
Banned

Default "Racism" in entertainment ?

. . which movies, despite the age we are living in, would you still, by today's standards, deem as 'racist' ?Movies in which , for example , darkies (dark-skins ) are portrayed as 'evil' . . ?

I can think of a few . .

- Birth Of A Nation (from the early 20th century ,a movie without tone with subtitles ) . . It portrays newly freed black slaves as 'outlaws' , rapists . . . According to historical research there seems to be some truth to this . .

James Bond "Live And Let Die" ( I've mentined this movie in some threads here already . .) - A movie which deals with blacks in the Americas who more or less 'conspire' - from black thugs in New York to Southern blacks in New Orleans to Voodoo people in the Caribbean - all lead by a black gangster . .

- Star Wars ( I've already made a thread about supposed 'racist' undertones in SW in the 'media criticism' subforum . .) - what always struck me as striking is how practically ALL good guys in SW are portrayed as 'light-beings' while the baddies are often portrayed as 'dark' ,swarthy , savage and so on . . Even Star Wars today isn't free of political correctness yet I think a certain 'trend' in the storyline is visible . . .

- the Tolkien movies - In Tolkien's world 'darkies' are often the baddies . . especially the Uruk-Hai of Lord Of The Rings . . Also , pretty much like Star Wars , a story of 'light vs. dark'.

- the Indiana Jones movie 'Temple Of Doom' . . a movie also often in the critique of being 'racist' against East Indians . . They are portrayed as 'gloomy worhippers of evil gods' , the Caucasian phenotyped British army as heroes when they fight them , even East Indian eating habits are 'made fun of' as being 'unpleasant to Westerners' . . As it happens , like Star Wars , also a movie where George Lucas had his hands in . .

. . about a supposed motivation behind those respective movies . . 'Birth Of A Nation' certainly was free from jewed Hollywood back then and was not shy to portray Negro savagery . . 'Politically incorrect' by today's standards . . As for Bond "Live And Let Die" , it is common knowledge that Ian Fleming , the maker of James Bond , was a 'racist' by today's standards . .

As for Tolkien , it is always suspected that his supposed 'fictitious world' could be an allusion to our world . . .

On Lucas . . there are rumours that George Lucas' dad was a member of the KKK ( surprising as that may come across . .) . . Concerning 'Star Wars' . . It is the Jedi 'Knights' ( guardians of the Republic ) vs. a 'dark force' . . Inside the USA the KKK also claims to be there to 'protect Anglo-Saxon democracy' and oppose especially 'darkies' . . . Far fetched . .?

As for Temple Of Doom , also written by Lucas . . Dark-skinned East Indians are more or less portrayed as savages , strange etc . . .

- - -

Just a little observation . . what movies would you . . by today's standards . . view as 'racist' ?

Old March 1st, 2019 #2
Jarl i torpet

The Prisoner of Shark Island, from the thirties. It's based on the real story of the doctor who threated the injured John Wilkes Booth shortly after he killed Lincoln. The doctor was accused of being Booth's accomplice and imprisoned for it, it's a lot more lively than it sounds, sort of a light hearted action movie even, and there's lots of niggers who are amusingly depicted as dumb and lowly. There's even an abolitionist type who goes on about how the niggers are the White man's equals and then screams "Get your black hands away from me!" (or something like that) when a nigger gets too close.

It should be said, though, that it might be the first black and white buddy movie (like Lethal Weapon and others) as one of the doctor's slaves comes to help his master bust out or something like that, I don't remember exactly, it's been almost a decade since i saw it, but whatever, it's entertaining.

Old March 1st, 2019 #3
ColdFire
Banned

. . the Bond-movies in general always caught my eyes too because of their politics . . .

The bad guys are often Communists or people with jewish sounding names like Blofeld or Goldfinger . . .

It was the time of the Cold War though when the original books came out . .and as I have said before , it is acknowledged that Fleming was a racist . . .

Looking at the movies , Commies are often the bad guys or even 'anarchists' ( see movie 'The World Is Not Enough' ) . .

Old March 13th, 2019 #4
ColdFire
Banned

. . in fact in 'old times' there was often 'racism' in entertainment . .

. . just that , the shorter one one goes into the past , the more highly unlikely . .

'Globalism' and the NWO . .

Thread