VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 9th, 2005 #1
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Default proposed distributor First amendment rights card

here it is, I hope you folks think this will be a helpful reminder for law enforcement officials who may be pressured to arrest distributors of TAA contrary to First Amendment rights. If so, let's get this printed on a card for Rounder to send out with big orders!

front side:

Quote:
The Aryan Alternative newspaper is published by Alex Linder, proprietor of Vanguard News Network (www.vanguardnewsnetwork.com). Distribution manager is F. Glenn Miller. All distributors of TAA are unpaid volunteers solely under their own direction and control. TAA distributors peaceably exercise their First Amendment right to free speech by distributing free copies of TAA in public places. TAA distributors are encouraged to follow all applicable laws when so doing. However, as a reminder to all, the back of this card states legal authority that TAA distributors have a right to pass out TAA.

This card is not a "get out of jail free" card. It is not a shield against unjust persecution, nor is it any kind of promise or agreement between Alex Linder or his agents and the volunteer TAA distributors. Thanks to all distributors for your courage and good luck.
back side:

Quote:
1. The First Amendment protects the distribution of free political newspapers, flyers, or leaflets in public places. See Lovell v City of Griffin, 303 U.S. 444 (1938) where a local permit law infringing the rights of people to do so was struck down. The court said the following: "[The First Amendment] necessarily embraces pamphlets and leaflets. These indeed have been historic weapons in the defense of liberty, as the pamphlets of Thomas Paine and others in our own history abundantly attest."

2. The First Amendment protects distributors of politcal literature from pretextual arrests for littering. In SCHNEIDER v. NEW JERSEY, 308 U.S. 147 (1939) the court said: "We are of the opinion that the purpose to keep the streets clean and of good appearance is insufficient to justify an ordinance which prohibits a person rightfully on a public street from handing literature to one willing to receive it. Any burden imposed upon the city authorities in cleaning and caring for the streets as an indirect consequence of such distribution results from the constitutional protection of the freedom of speech and press.''

Old November 9th, 2005 #2
Chain

Let's get them. Can we get that reverse side etched into jewelry? I can just picture cops asking: "Are you a lawyer? How do you know these things? Just because it's printed there, that doesn't mean anything. Our littering ordinance doesn't say anything about this", and lots of other amusing commentaries too.

It's a good idea. Let's get them.

Old November 9th, 2005 #3
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Default whites have "civil rights" too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain
Let's get them. Can we get that reverse side etched into jewelry? I can just picture cops asking: "Are you a lawyer? How do you know these things? Just because it's printed there, that doesn't mean anything. Our littering ordinance doesn't say anything about this", and lots of other amusing commentaries too.

It's a good idea. Let's get them.
You might say if they ask you are you a lawyer, are they a lawyer? To remind them that they are not.

Another thing you can remind them off, that they dont like to hear is "18 usc section 1983" which is where they get sued for depriving someone of their civil rights under color of law. that's one federal statutory citation that even the lowest guy on the totem pole will know! but they dont like hearing it.

Old November 9th, 2005 #4
Chain

Then the "18 USC, Section 1983" part should be printed up front as well. To drive the point home.

Old November 9th, 2005 #5
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain
Then the "18 USC, Section 1983" part should be printed up front as well. To drive the point home.
That's it !!! That's what I've been trying to find !!!

Doesn't it say to this effect ?? "It is a felony for any citizen to interfere, in any way, in any other citizen's exercise of any right guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution."

I'm almost sure I read that years ago.

I agree with Chain. "18 USC, Section 1983" ought to appear on the card. So A.E., whatchasay ???

(BTW, it'll be cheaper for me to have the cards printed here, rather than Hibernian paying postage to mail them to me. Awhile back, I had my local printers print up 500 klan calling cards for a friend. Cost was around $35.00, though printing was only on one side.)

Anyhow, all I need is Alex's final approval, and I'll get the cards printed rat quick, and start including them in shipments of TAAs I mail out. A little late for #3's, but we'll have them for #4's.

Old November 9th, 2005 #6
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Default sorry, it's 42 usc section 1983, not 18!

Rounder: that's for civil suits for damages, not a criminal statute.

I like to use Cornell's database to look up federal statutes. Here:

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/h...3----000-.html

TITLE 42 > CHAPTER 21 > SUBCHAPTER I > § 1983 Prev | Next
Quote:
§ 1983. Civil action for deprivation of rights

Release date: 2005-02-25

Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such officer’s judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted unless a declaratory decree was violated or declaratory relief was unavailable. For the purposes of this section, any Act of Congress applicable exclusively to the District of Columbia shall be considered to be a statute of the District of Columbia.
I don't think that needs to be on the card, there's already a lot there. There's a thousand things that might come up, but based on the 1st amendment cases, and what I have seen in terms of flyering by NA and other groups over the past six or seven years, these are the major points of which patrolmen need to be reminded.

The 42 USC section 1983 thing you guys should remember for "frosting on the cake."

Old November 9th, 2005 #7
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

dont let the fact that this federal law runs alongside two pro-negro civil rights laws confuse you. they were all passed after the civil war to bully Southern state officials into letting Negroes run amuck. But, today, anybody can sue a state official under section 1983, and it happens quit a bit in "police brutality" cases.

But folks can't file frivolous claims or federal courts will impose "rule 11 sanctions" for sure.

Here's an article about this kind of action:

http://www.peoples-law.org/individua...ederal_law.htm

Anyhow, that's a digression from the card thing, which I think is OK without reference to section 1983. Believe me, the average cop knows that his department can be sued for his misconduct, and moreover, that if it's really egregious-- the employer can hang the cop out to dry-- ie, make him defend the case on his own, at his own expense, and face personal liability.

Old November 9th, 2005 #8
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus Epiphanes
Rounder: that's for civil suits for damages, not a criminal statute.

I like to use Cornell's database to look up federal statutes. Here:

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/h...3----000-.html

TITLE 42 > CHAPTER 21 > SUBCHAPTER I > § 1983 Prev | Next

I don't think that needs to be on the card, there's already a lot there. There's a thousand things that might come up, but based on the 1st amendment cases, and what I have seen in terms of flyering by NA and other groups over the past six or seven years, these are the major points of which patrolmen need to be reminded.

The 42 USC section 1983 thing you guys should remember for "frosting on the cake."
So ?? Civil statutues or Criminal statutes, let's hit them with either one or both when they plot to interfere with our exercise of 1st amendment rights. And plotting is precisely what cops, mayors, and town councils do. They conspire to interfere with our rights. And freely admit it to the media. And there's nothing frivolous about the effects. It scares the hell out of people, and causes them to want no part of us, even read our newspaper, or support our new political party (when it gets off the ground). Their conspirings amount to psychological terrorism against us and the public.

Anyhow, while I've got your attention, I need help in getting media reports about TAA properly posted in the Chronological Record thread. I don't know how. So when you think of it, google "News" then "Aryan Alternative" and post whatever new reports you find there. OK ??

Now we need to get Alex to approve your excellent card, so I can have them printed. I just hope the printers can get all of it on the card.

Old November 18th, 2005 #9
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

al- does this thing look ok? it would be nice to get it printed ASAP so Rounder can send it out with today's run of 3-A...?

Old November 22nd, 2005 #10
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Exclamation

I have received approval from Alex. Hibernian can you get this thing printed? Thanks!

Old November 24th, 2005 #11
VikingWarrior
Kill The 'Kwa

Default Its the Alternative to Free Speech

Thanks guys - I printed out that section for our TAA distributors to carry while we distribute TAA - be nice if all our guys . and gals had a card to give to the cops - Then we can get REAL busy :box:

Old November 24th, 2005 #12
Rounder

Quote:
I have received approval from Alex. Hibernian can you get this thing printed? Thanks!
I'll made a copy of your post #1 A.E., and will get 200-300 printed pronto. We might have to go with a card 8" x 5" though, to get all the information on it. Distributors can simply fold the card, and keep it in their wallets. I'll visit printers tomorrow, and see what they think. Too busy today eating turkey and putting up with young'uns and grand young'uns.

Old November 28th, 2005 #13
Rounder

Default Mission Accomplished, A.E.

1st amendment cards are being printed right now. Only $29.00 for 300 printed on front and back. I'll get a couple in the mail to ya on Wednesday when I pick them up, for your close inspection. And I'll send Stan couple too, and ask him to post one on VNNF for everybody's close inspection.

Old December 1st, 2005 #14
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounder
1st amendment cards are being printed right now. Only $29.00 for 300 printed on front and back. I'll get a couple in the mail to ya on Wednesday when I pick them up, for your close inspection. And I'll send Stan couple too, and ask him to post one on VNNF for everybody's close inspection.
1st amendment business cards were picked up from printers today. Looks great, A.E. Printing is kinda small but very readable. I'll get coupla in the mail to you and Stan, along with some extra "goodies".

Old December 1st, 2005 #15
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Thanks Rounder for your ongoing management of tabloid fundraising production and distribution. I hope nobody ever gets detained for lawful distribution of this newspaper, but if they do maybe this card will be a caution to any overzealous law enforcement official who might otherwise mistakenly infringe on a distributor's rights. It's not a get out of jail card, to be sure, but I believe it fairly states the law pertinent to this method of distribution.

As you have demonstrated by your own defiant distributions of TAA in the face of the threats of Cpl. Crapduck or whatever his name was!

Old December 5th, 2005 #16
Rounder

Quote:
Thanks Rounder for your ongoing management of tabloid fundraising production and distribution. I hope nobody ever gets detained for lawful distribution of this newspaper, but if they do maybe this card will be a caution to any overzealous law enforcement official who might otherwise mistakenly infringe on a distributor's rights. It's not a get out of jail card, to be sure, but I believe it fairly states the law pertinent to this method of distribution.

As you have demonstrated by your own defiant distributions of TAA in the face of the threats of Cpl. Crapduck or whatever his name was!
Yeah, after reading the card again, I must say it's well written and effective. I've been inserting 2 cards in each box of TAAs mailed to distributors. And mailed cards to you, Stan, and Alex for inspection. You might want to post a copy here for everyone's information. (And thanks for your latest pledge of $100 to TAA Fund - bringing your total to $901.00 which places you 4th on our list of most generous contributors, just behind George T, Babycakes, and D.K. (Minnesota), in that order))

Old December 5th, 2005 #17
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Rounder,

Hey, those cards look great. Thanks very much for getting them printed. I think they will be good reminders to everybody of what the law really is. I think it would be nice for a distributor to carry a few extras so that if and when they are detained by law enforcement they can give them a complimentary card along with a complimentary copy of TAA. Just as a reminder of the Constitution that they are sworn to protect!

PS thanks for the copy of the Silver shirts newsletter. I've read quite a bit about them and really enjoyed the poem by Lord Byron on the back cover!

Thread