VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 19th, 2014 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default #1 Pets Mentality Thread

For years this poem was in my mind, but couldn't recall where/who. Then I came across it again reading some very old National Reviews. This to me is the mentality of too many pet owners. Not all, but too many.

Pets

by John Nixon, Jr.

The love they could not give to one another
They ultimately forced on quadrupeds --
Poor captive creatures, longing for the wild
But getting love and table scraps. In time,
The dog became a charming thespian.
If tail-wagging and licking hands did not
Denote affection, then what could? Just listen
To that adoring bark. Pure joy. But no
Amount of condescending milk poured out
In fractured saucers could persuade the cat
To view the thing as more than what it was:
Suave slavery. You cannot love your own,
The velvet gait declares. I'll not love you.

Old September 20th, 2014 #2
William Hyde
Someday Never Comes

Woodpecker

Personally I've always had at least one pet, and I don't think we need to get into undermining animal lovers. I mean Hitler had his dog Blondie, Then there was Dr. Pierce and that magnificent Siamese cat. General Patton had his dog 'Willie'. Even Eva Braun had that cute little black dog. Yes there are the crazy cat ladies, which is unfortunate and obviously sad & bizarre, but pets can be a great joy and asset to many an altruistic human's life. This probably goes back to Cro Magnon or further.

When one visits Germany past or present one of the things that is quite evident is Germans tend to adore their pets, and display great respect for animals and nature. It's all part of being luftmenschen.

Old September 20th, 2014 #3
N.B. Forrest

My "porch cat" (as of yesterday my second house cat: I can't have the poor old one-fanged feller freezing again this winter) damn nearly "enslaved" ME....

Cats are incapable of the adoration of dogs, but that doesn't mean they're not affectionate in their own dignified way. Plus, there's no need to worry about a house cat eating the neighbor kid's face.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old September 20th, 2014 #4
Breanna
Eternal Glory

Usually pets are substitute companions for people who lack the emotional fulfillment that comes from close relationships with other humans. In my life experiences it's been the biggest misfits and social outcasts who were the most obsessed with animals. The "animal lovers" I've known were the ones who had problems getting along with other humans. Our obsession with pets is a sign of modern decadence and people are wasting a huge amount of resources on creatures that exist just to entertain them and make them feel like something loves them. Their loneliness is an excuse to enslave some poor creature. Dogs and cats both usually run away if you leave the door open.

I saw this funny little video:

I believe cats are smarter than dogs. They just do what they want whenever they want and they don't care what you think. I always found dogs kinda annoying because they are way too friendly, begging and whining, too eager to please like mindless slaves. And if they are not that way they are usually scary and dangerous. I've seen a lot of people with "tough" dogs who think that having a certain breed of "tough" dog makes them bad and tough. I used to want a guard dog to protect me but my husband just got an alarm system instead. Way better than a dog, which takes up time and money, and there is no guarantee that the dog will defend you in the case of a home invasion. Dogs are pretty much obsolete now except for a few minor exceptions. In many cases they are a public hazard - biting children, pooping all over public space (hygiene issue), barking loudly (disturbing the peace). Cats are useful because they kill pests but dogs are mostly useless.

Last edited by Breanna; September 20th, 2014 at 10:35 PM.

Old September 20th, 2014 #5
varg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breanna View Post
Usually pets are substitute companions for people who lack the emotional fulfillment that comes from close relationships with other humans.
There's some truth to that, but what about people with families AND pets? It's not mutually exclusive.

Quote:
Our obsession with pets is a sign of modern decadence
People doing things you don't like = 'modern decadence' ? Having a pet isn't destroying society.

Quote:
and people are wasting a huge amount of resources on creatures that exist just to entertain them and make them feel like something loves them.
A lot of people have children simply for this reason. Why do you care so much about what other people do? Are you going to outlaw people having pets?
Quote:
Their loneliness is an excuse to enslave some poor creature. Dogs and cats both usually run away if you leave the door open.
Not true and hyperbole.
Quote:
I believe cats are smarter than dogs. They just do what they want whenever they want and they don't care what you think.I always found dogs kinda annoying because they are way too friendly, begging and whining, too eager to please like mindless slaves.
Quote:
And if they are not that way they are usually scary and dangerous.
Just because you're a girl who's afraid of everything doesn't mean much. So if you were to compare deaths by dogs/cats to deaths by humans, what do you think it would show?

Quote:
I used to want a guard dog to protect me but my husband just got an alarm system instead. Way better than a dog, which takes up time and money, and there is no guarantee that the dog will defend you in the case of a home invasion.
There's a possibility it won't attack to defend you, but there's an absolute 100% guarantee your alarm system won't do anything other than make noise. How is that better?
Quote:
Dogs are pretty much obsolete now except for a few minor exceptions. In many cases they are a public hazard - biting children, pooping all over public space (hygiene issue), barking loudly (disturbing the peace). Cats are useful because they kill pests but dogs are mostly useless.
Your opinion. Pets give companionship to people, whether they already have kids or not doesn't really matter. Your argument is basically just that you don't like animals, and are trying to force some generalities that don't really work.

Last edited by varg; September 20th, 2014 at 11:13 PM. Reason: .

Old September 20th, 2014 #6
varg

I don't even understand why some WNs think pet owners are the reason whites have a declining birth rate. It's not. Whites have a declining birthrate in most of Europe and America. It's not like there was a sudden surge in pet ownership that was responsible for that.

Sure a lot of people without children get pets to fill the void, but do you really think they put off having their own children because they say to themselves "I already have a cat/dog and don't need a family of my own" ?

No, they probably get a pet to fill the void after already deciding not to have children. I'm guessing it's usually for lack of opportunity, financial reasons, immaturity, women choosing careers over families, and/or materialism. Also I saw a recent poll that said over 50% of Americans are single up from 37% in the '70s. So I'm sure that plays a bigger role in the declining birth rate than something trivial like pet ownership.

Old October 1st, 2014 #7
Breanna
Eternal Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
There's some truth to that, but what about people with families AND pets? It's not mutually exclusive.
I'm not talking about people who get a pet for their children to play with or whatever, I'm talking about people who think they have some sort of deep connection and relationship with an animal. It's incredibly common among modern whites.

Quote:
People doing things you don't like = 'modern decadence' ? Having a pet isn't destroying society.
It isn't a cause of society's destruction, but it is a symptom of it.

Quote:
A lot of people have children simply for this reason. Why do you care so much about what other people do? Are you going to outlaw people having pets?
Not true and hyperbole.
Just because you're a girl who's afraid of everything doesn't mean much. So if you were to compare deaths by dogs/cats to deaths by humans, what do you think it would show?

There's a possibility it won't attack to defend you, but there's an absolute 100% guarantee your alarm system won't do anything other than make noise. How is that better?
Alarm systems have a link that notifies the police of an intruder and sends one out your way. A human police officer is more likely to save my life than a cat or dog is.

Quote:
Your opinion. Pets give companionship to people, whether they already have kids or not doesn't really matter.
This is my original point - pets only exist so that lonely people can have companionship.

Quote:
Your argument is basically just that you don't like animals, and are trying to force some generalities that don't really work.
My argument is that this insane obsession that modern whites have with animals is unhealthy. And it's ridiculous that you think caring about animals is somehow an essential Aryan trait, when it isn't, it's modern sentimentality and a ridiculous overextension of empathy. Considering that our ancient pagan ancestors throughout all of Europe considered ritual slaughter of animals to be the most important aspect of their religious rituals, something that would horrify the "pagans" of today and the hypocritical WNs who are only against it because Jews and Muslims still do it. The only real difference is that Jews and Muslims are unnecessarily cruel, but that's just because Semites are sadistic by nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
I don't even understand why some WNs think pet owners are the reason whites have a declining birth rate. It's not. Whites have a declining birthrate in most of Europe and America. It's not like there was a sudden surge in pet ownership that was responsible for that.

Sure a lot of people without children get pets to fill the void, but do you really think they put off having their own children because they say to themselves "I already have a cat/dog and don't need a family of my own" ?

No, they probably get a pet to fill the void after already deciding not to have children. I'm guessing it's usually for lack of opportunity, financial reasons, immaturity, women choosing careers over families, and/or materialism. Also I saw a recent poll that said over 50% of Americans are single up from 37% in the '70s. So I'm sure that plays a bigger role in the declining birth rate than something trivial like pet ownership.
I never said pet ownership was a cause. It is a symptom. But in using animals to fulfill their loneliness, they cause harm to others since it sometimes results in the injury and even death of innocent children.

Last edited by Breanna; October 1st, 2014 at 11:42 AM.

Old March 10th, 2018 #8
Randolph Dilloway
Banned

Turkish Van

http://cfa.org/Breeds/BreedsSthruT/TurkishVan.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
Cats are incapable of the adoration of dogs, but that doesn't mean they're not affectionate in their own dignified way. Plus, there's no need to worry about a house cat eating the neighbor kid's face.
In regards to your first statement, I will have to disagree when it comes to one particular breed.

A year and a half ago, I found a stray kitten behind one the buildings where I work and brought her home. Didn't realize at first her breed, but after a few weeks, I knew she was something special.

The Turkish Van is an ancient breed.

After two litters, I got her fixed. Kept one kitten from each litter. The other four kittens had a waiting list of good homes as soon as they were born. If you come across one of these rare cats, do not hesitate to bring one home. You will not be disappointed. Depending on quality and characteristics, they can cost from $600 and on up.

Their fur really does feel like cashmere. Beautiful cats that will not bore you, but keep your valuables behind locked doors. A very strong and athletic breed.

Two of my Turkish Van mix kittens have already figured out how to open up any cabinet door. One likes to play fetch. They snuggle up to me at night to help me sleep, and are back on my bed in the morning waiting for me to get up.

This breed is very intellent. They will watch everything I do and want to help. Cleaning my home is a bit of a challenge now, but I do not mind. Often find myself laughing because they seem to surprise me nearly every day as they try to mimic what I do.

The younger kitten, seven months old now, will hop up on the bathroom sink and watch me get ready for work in the morning. As I brush my teeth and comb my hair, he will groom himself along with me.

The older kitten, about to be one year's old, dragged an empty 32oz cup of soda from the kitchen and set it upright on my bed for me for when I wake up in the morning the other day. Yes, my bed was a little damp from the melting ice cubes as he set up the cup, but didn't mind because I was having a good laugh. They are really a joy to have around.

Normally a mother cat will find a place to hide as she gives birth to her kittens. For both litters, I set up three hidden places around my home for the mother cat to choose from. Both litters ended up being born on my bed as I woke up. Within hours, the mother cat, carried each her new born up to me to inspect.

This is a truly amazing breed of cat.

Last edited by Randolph Dilloway; March 10th, 2018 at 04:41 PM.

Old October 12th, 2014 #9
varg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
For years this poem was in my mind, but couldn't recall where/who. Then I came across it again reading some very old National Reviews. This to me is the mentality of too many pet owners. Not all, but too many.
Your view on people with pets sort of sounds like it flies in the face of your views on freedom and against regulation. In what way does peoples view on pets influence you personally or whites as a race. People who do drugs? "Let them do what they want, who are we to interfere?" People who own pets? "This is their odd/degenerate (implied) mentality:" Do you really think this is what has an impact on the white birthrate? What problems does it cause anyone, other than the rare cases where people neglect their animals and they make noise all day? That's not even really the fault of the animal, more that the owner couldn't deal with the responsibilities of taking care of a pet. It's like blaming a baby for crying instead of the parent neglecting it.

Quote:
The love they could not give to one another
They ultimately forced on quadrupeds --

To view the thing as more than what it was:
Suave slavery. You cannot love your own,
The velvet gait declares. I'll not love you.
False dilemma: "you can either love a pet or you love your own- they're mutually exclusive."

I agree that there's a small % of people who think their pets are their actual babies, and they're deranged, but I think they're usually compensation for not having children (after the fact). I'm sure most of those people would actually rather have had children. Even so, it doesn't really cause anyone else problems and those types are so small in numbers it's barely even worth mentioning.

Quote:
Poor captive creatures, longing for the wild
If dogs are 'captive' or enslaved, then why did they adapt the traits that allowed them to be domesticated by humans? They did so because it's more beneficial for them to live with humans than to live in the wild.

Last edited by varg; October 12th, 2014 at 09:20 PM.

Old June 19th, 2017 #10
Breanna
Eternal Glory

My daughter wants a pet anteater and now my husband acts like he is seriously considering it. To be named "Fred." I hope they are trolling me lol...

Old July 9th, 2017 #11
Robbie Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefieldjohn View Post
Their sense of hearing is good; something's intruding at 3AM , they'll let you know about it.

Yeah, that is the one case I'd consider having a dog. A house on the countryside that is somewhat vulnerable. Sure, a dog has a role to play there.

Thread