VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > Economy
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old January 8th, 2021 #1
Tomasz Winnicki
White - European - Aryan

Default Tesla’s Elon Musk surpasses Amazon’s Jeff Bezos as the world's richest man.

Last edited by Tomasz Winnicki; January 9th, 2021 at 10:40 PM.

Old January 9th, 2021 #2
Hugo Böse
Jeunesse Dorée

I hear the buyers of Tesla stock are largely small retail investors spending their stimulus checks, one reads that many of them are using a new cellphone app called Robinhood, wonder if that app is still recommending TSLA. Other people opine that the Federal Reserve is buying Tesla stocks, I don´t know why the FED would do that.

Old January 12th, 2021 #3
Crowe

Tesla could be huge if their cars were more affordable for regular people. That's what Henry Ford did for the automobile.

I'm not opposed to electric cars, they actually got potential for more power than combustion engines.

If they start making electric trucks with enough horsepower and torque to replace gasoline V8s and diesel engines at a comparable price point, then why not?

I heard those new Hummer EVs got 1000hp, and a ton of torque.

Old March 7th, 2021 #4
bedford

According to the Forbes list of richest people from March 2019 Elon Musk was in 40th place with a net worth of $22 billion. Two years later he is worth over $190 billion. That is a massive stock rise in a short time.

Old March 9th, 2021 #5
Miguel Dias

168 billion increase... That smells kiky...

Old March 24th, 2021 #6
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Dias View Post
168 billion increase... That smells kiky...
I guess Elon will also be the richest man on Mars eventually.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old March 24th, 2021 #7
Gladiatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
I guess Elon will also be the richest man on Mars eventually.
https://www.amazon.com/Sirens-Titan-.../dp/1501277294

Old March 25th, 2021 #8
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiatrix View Post
Perhaps Elon has read this book.

Old March 25th, 2021 #9
Gladiatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
Perhaps Elon has read this book.
He should. It was a great read.

Old March 25th, 2021 #10
Paul Anthony
Banned

This is one of those subjects I almost don't want to touch, but I believe Musk is only rich on paper. In fact he's probably in a shit ton of debt. I don't own any Testla stock because it seems over inlfated to me!! They keep the stock price high, same as netflix because the small investor (someone like me) will jump all over it thinking it's a good deal.

Old March 25th, 2021 #11
Paul Anthony
Banned

A while back I posted info about the "Delorean" (Back to the Future car). Both the "Delorean" and the "Tesla" have a lot of similarities.

https://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?...om+cars&page=2

Old May 8th, 2021 #12
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Anthony View Post
A while back I posted info about the "Delorean" (Back to the Future car). Both the "Delorean" and the "Tesla" have a lot of similarities.

https://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?...om+cars&page=2
The Delorean was seriously underpowered. Getting one to actually go 88mph was a meme back in the 80s, and you pretty much needed a train to push it like in the 3rd movie.

People took the underpowered engines out of them, and put corvette motors, or Chevy 350 CI V8s in them, but even then the car was really heavy and had piss poor power to weight ratio.

Tesla cars on the other hand are very fast. They got instant acceleration off the line, and can take off and leave a combustion engine on the line. Given that a Tesla is electric, you can bump the voltage up for one pass, and I've heard of people running custom software on them as well to further enhance the performance of them. Some drag strips won't even let you use an electric car in competition against combustion engines. A Tesla can out 60ft blown alcohol, and that's just nutty as hell considering one is street legal, and the other probably isn't (in most areas).

Last edited by Crowe; May 8th, 2021 at 12:34 PM.

Old May 8th, 2021 #13
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
The Delorean was seriously underpowered. Getting one to actually go 88mph was a meme back in the 80s, and you pretty much needed a train to push it like in the 3rd movie.

People took the underpowered engines out of them, and put corvette motors, or Chevy 350 CI V8s in them, but even then the car was really heavy and had piss poor power to weight ratio.

Tesla cars on the other hand are very fast. They got instant acceleration off the line, and can take off and leave a combustion engine on the line. Given that a Tesla is electric, you can bump the voltage up for one pass, and I've heard of people running custom software on them as well to further enhance the performance of them. Some drag strips won't even let you use an electric car in competition against combustion engines. A Tesla can out 60ft blown alcohol, and that's just nutty as hell considering one is street legal, and the other probably isn't (in most areas).
That's nothing--the Tesla Roadster that SpaceX launched into space was going 25,000 miles per hour and will eventually make a close flyby of Mars.

Old May 9th, 2021 #14
James Radov

so the supposedly richest man in the whole wide world is an African American..
thats awesome on every level.

Elon should be an inspiration to all other Africans..

and since ancient Africans did explore the galaxy in peanut butter fueled flying Pyramids its only appropriate the an African man be the first to land on Mars.

shit muh nigga, them Africans really is smart n shit...

Old May 22nd, 2021 #15
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Consumer Reports: Tesla’s ‘Full Self-Driving Capability’ Doesn’t Live Up to the Name

LUCAS NOLAN 22 May 2021

Consumer Reports has laid down the law on Elon Musk, declaring that Tesla’s “Full Self-Driving Capability” feature fails to live up to its promises.

Consumer Reports states in a recent article titled “Tesla’s ‘Full Self-Driving Capability’ Falls Short of Its Name,” that Tesla’s self-driving car feature fails to live up to its big promises. Tesla has claimed for some time now that every new vehicle it makes has the hardware necessary to be fully autonomous, but Consumer Reports states that this dream is still over the horizon for Tesla cars.

Consumer Reports states:
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/...p-to-the-name/

Old May 22nd, 2021 #16
Dawn Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Meadows View Post
consumer-reports-teslas-full-self-driving-capability-doesnt-live-up-to-the-name/[/url]
Self driving cars are still decades away, if ever, for various reasons that will probably make people cry, so I won't say anything.

With the path we have been placed upon, it is much more likely that in the future, there will be huge holes in the road and negros will appear as if from nowhere to "help" you get out, and onwards into "the next life" as it were...

Elites will have aerial craft for personal use and also for goods and services.

Old May 23rd, 2021 #17
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Cannon View Post
With the path we have been placed upon, it is much more likely that in the future, there will be huge holes in the road and negros will appear as if from nowhere to "help" you get out, and onwards into "the next life" as it were...
Sounds a bit like the post-apocalyptic setting in the legendary manga/anime series Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star), which we discussed in Weschenfelder's excellent anime thread:

https://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=557704&page=3

Quote:
Fist of the North Star (Japanese: 北斗の拳, Hepburn: Hokuto no Ken, lit. "Fist of the Big Dipper")[a] is a Japanese manga series written by Buronson and illustrated by Tetsuo Hara. It was serialized in Weekly Shōnen Jump for 245 issues published from 1983 to 1988 and initially collected in 27 tankōbon volumes under the Jump Comics imprint by Shueisha. Set on a post-apocalyptic Earth after a nuclear war, the story centers on a warrior named Kenshiro, the successor of a deadly martial art known as Hokuto Shinken, which gives him the ability to kill his opponents by striking their secret vital points, which often results in them dying in an exceptionally violent and gory manner. Kenshiro dedicates his life to fighting against the various gangs, bandits, and warlords who threaten the lives of the defenseless and innocent, as well as rival martial artists, including his own "brothers" from the same school.
(...)
As of 2018, Fist of the North Star is among the highest-grossing media franchises of all time. The manga has sold over 100 million copies, making it one of the best-selling manga series in history.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fist_of_the_North_Star

Old May 24th, 2021 #18
Hugo Böse
Jeunesse Dorée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Cannon View Post

It´s unreal how they just appear.

Last edited by Hugo Böse; May 24th, 2021 at 05:47 AM.

Old May 24th, 2021 #19
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Tesla owes thousands of customers in Norway $16,000 each in fines over reduced battery capacities

24 May, 2021 18:19

Tesla has been ordered to pay 136,000 kroner – approximately $16,000 – to thousands of its Norwegian customers, following complaints about reduced battery capacities and charging speeds.

Dozens of owners in Norway and elsewhere began complaining about big drops in mileage ranges following a 2019 software update.

Tesla said at the time that the update was to “protect the battery and improve battery longevity,” and that only a small percentage of customers would be affected. It appears only certain Model S and X customers with 2013-2015 models ended up seeing the drops.
https://www.rt.com/news/524699-tesla-norway-lawsuit/

Old May 26th, 2021 #20
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Tesla Joins Apple in Bowing Down to Communist China

LUCAS NOLAN 26 May 2021

Elon Musk’s Tesla has announced that it plans to store all data collected from car owners in China at a new data center within the communist country.

The Wall Street Journal reports that Tesla has stated that all data generated from cars it sells in China will be stored in a new data center in the country. The move follows government and public scrutiny over China’s handling of potentially sensitive data about vehicle users, car performance, and geographical information.
(...)
In a post to Weibo, China’s version of Twitter essentially, Tesla stated: “We have established a data center in China to localize data storage and will continue to add more local data centers. All data generated from the sales of vehicles in the mainland China market will be stored domestically.”

Tesla is just another example of a U.S. company that has bent over backwards to gain trust from China’s communist government.
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/...mmunist-china/

Thread