Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 22nd, 2022 #1
T.Garrett
Senior Member
 
T.Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TriState
Posts: 6,955
T.Garrett
Question Two handed katana machete ...what?



I always thought that the katana was a war sword and machete a tool ...whatever, off with their fucking heads!!
 
Old February 23rd, 2022 #2
T.Garrett
Senior Member
 
T.Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TriState
Posts: 6,955
T.Garrett
Thumbs up Cold Steel - Warrior Series Japanese Swords



Haha cool watching middle age guys hacking at stuff with state of the art edged weapons
 
Old March 17th, 2022 #3
Crowe
Senior Member
 
Crowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,841
Crowe
Default

You ever watch that Forged in Fire show? It's on the Hitler channel, it's like the only show they got that's not total shit.


Personally, I'd rather have a real sword like a Scottish Claymore, which some of my ancestors used, over that girly jap shit.

I just torrented entire seasons of it without paying for cable.
__________________
Low-IQ bible scholars are legion, the big book o' bullshit is catnip to the underbrained. --ALEX LINDER

Last edited by Crowe; March 17th, 2022 at 06:46 AM.
 
Old March 19th, 2022 #4
T.Garrett
Senior Member
 
T.Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TriState
Posts: 6,955
T.Garrett
Thumbs up Claymore sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
You ever watch that Forged in Fire show? It's on the Hitler channel, it's like the only show they got that's not total shit.

https://youtu.be/qKpMcEW2j4g

Personally, I'd rather have a real sword like a Scottish Claymore, which some of my ancestors used, over that girly jap shit.

I just torrented entire seasons of it without paying for cable.
I don't watch much teevee but I've seen Forged in Fire. I'm fascinated with edged weapons and any information about them is educational and entertaining for me.

Cold Steel used to sell a Claymore https://www.coldsteel.com/swords/historical/
 
Old March 21st, 2022 #5
Crowe
Senior Member
 
Crowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,841
Crowe
Default

You can cut someone in half with a Claymore, I'm talking through the clavicle diagonally down through the ribs on the opposite side. Cleave them into a chunk of torso with one arm attached. Of course, you'd have to be an expert with the weapon to do that. A German Zweihänder is kinda like a Claymore, but a little bigger, and it'll do that too. Those are real swords for real men, not swords designed for people of puny, lithe stature like jap shit katanas.

Katanas are often romanticized about, but the truth is, they rarely saw real battle. The jap infantry largely used spears. A katana was a symbol of status mostly, because they were quite expensive to make. The most notable usages for them were for honor duels. The japs had junk quality iron to work with, which was like an iron sand, and it was a lengthy process to turn it into sword. Europeans produced better quality swords with less effort, partly because we had better iron. They had to put a ton of folds into the blades to get something usable. I suppose they did the best they could with what they had, they weren't dumb.

If there was ever a fight between Europeans and Japs with 12th or 13th century respective equipment, the japs would have gotten their ass handed to them. Armored cavalry would have rolled them over, and our infantry were better equipped as well.
__________________
Low-IQ bible scholars are legion, the big book o' bullshit is catnip to the underbrained. --ALEX LINDER

Last edited by Crowe; March 21st, 2022 at 12:43 AM.
 
Old March 22nd, 2022 #6
T.Garrett
Senior Member
 
T.Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TriState
Posts: 6,955
T.Garrett
Thumbs up swords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
You can cut someone in half with a Claymore, I'm talking through the clavicle diagonally down through the ribs on the opposite side. Cleave them into a chunk of torso with one arm attached. Of course, you'd have to be an expert with the weapon to do that. A German Zweihänder is kinda like a Claymore, but a little bigger, and it'll do that too. Those are real swords for real men, not swords designed for people of puny, lithe stature like jap shit katanas.

Katanas are often romanticized about, but the truth is, they rarely saw real battle. The jap infantry largely used spears. A katana was a symbol of status mostly, because they were quite expensive to make. The most notable usages for them were for honor duels. The japs had junk quality iron to work with, which was like an iron sand, and it was a lengthy process to turn it into sword. Europeans produced better quality swords with less effort, partly because we had better iron. They had to put a ton of folds into the blades to get something usable. I suppose they did the best they could with what they had, they weren't dumb.

If there was ever a fight between Europeans and Japs with 12th or 13th century respective equipment, the japs would have gotten their ass handed to them. Armored cavalry would have rolled them over, and our infantry were better equipped as well.
The swords europeans used as weapons of war were generally larger and heavier than japanese katanas and wakizashi.

They were often double edged too and would have given the skilled Aryan swordsman an advantage in one on one combat over the asian with a single edged jap sword...well that and the white man's superior battle tactics, of course.

But the ironsand steel with the swordmaking methods the japs have used for the past 1000 years has produced some of the finest examples of edged weapons ever made by man according to the 'experts'.

Haha you just cant produce that kind of quality from 'junk' Crowe.

In my opinion, I'd rather have a longsword in my hands over the rice propelled steel when my life depends on it.
 
Old March 22nd, 2022 #7
Crowe
Senior Member
 
Crowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,841
Crowe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Garrett View Post
But the ironsand steel with the swordmaking methods the japs have used for the past 1000 years has produced some of the finest examples of edged weapons ever made by man according to the 'experts'.

Haha you just cant produce that kind of quality from 'junk' Crowe.
Their top quality weapons took a dozen guys 6 months to make (roughly), and with that many man hours into 1 sword, it better be top quality craftsmanship. It's arguably not even a weapon, but a wall hanger, because who would even risk damaging the blade on something that expensive. It has no practical use in reality.
__________________
Low-IQ bible scholars are legion, the big book o' bullshit is catnip to the underbrained. --ALEX LINDER
 
Old March 31st, 2022 #8
T.Garrett
Senior Member
 
T.Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TriState
Posts: 6,955
T.Garrett
Talking Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
Their top quality weapons took a dozen guys 6 months to make (roughly), and with that many man hours into 1 sword, it better be top quality craftsmanship. It's arguably not even a weapon, but a wall hanger, because who would even risk damaging the blade on something that expensive. It has no practical use in reality.
LOL just saw this ...no practical use? A quality jap katana or wakizashi in the hands of a determined enemy could ruin your day buddy

Last edited by T.Garrett; March 31st, 2022 at 06:25 AM. Reason: changed post
 
Old April 29th, 2022 #9
Crowe
Senior Member
 
Crowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,841
Crowe
Talking Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Garrett View Post
LOL just saw this ...no practical use? A quality jap katana or wakizashi in the hands of a determined enemy could ruin your day buddy
Who's buying these katanas and for what purposes? They get put in a case or up on a wall in a private collection or museum.

If you want to hack limbs off, or gut someone there's a multitude of more cost effective options that will do it just as good or better. For example, you could gut someone like a fish, complete bowel evisceration with something more portable like a karambit. You can get a nice one with a ceramic blade for about $100 or $200 that's 5x sharper than any of these katanas and you won't even trip a metal detector. That's practical.

The most practical use for a quarter million dollar piece of artwork is wall hanger.
__________________
Low-IQ bible scholars are legion, the big book o' bullshit is catnip to the underbrained. --ALEX LINDER

Last edited by Crowe; April 29th, 2022 at 12:16 PM.
 
Old April 29th, 2022 #10
NeverASayanim
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 142
NeverASayanim
Default

Quote:
If you want to hack limbs off, or gut someone there's a multitude of more cost effective options that will do it just as good or better. For example, you could gut someone like a fish, complete bowel evisceration with something more portable like a karambit. You can get a nice one with a ceramic blade for about $100 or $200 that's 5x sharper than any of these katanas and you won't even trip a metal detector. That's practical.

The most practical use for a quarter million dollar piece of artwork is wall hanger.
Most useless use of the trick of distraction used in an argument ever. It makes you more retarded than riding a motorcycle without a helmet. Subvert the whole argument by lying. A 10 year old kid could see past it. If you actually aren't like a fat kike and you can put your fingers for just 10 sec to research katanas on Google your whole position wouldn't exist at all. You try to blindside the whole thing more than an Arab would.
__________________
Semitic deception is worse than dealing with a drunk nigger.
 
Old April 29th, 2022 #11
Crowe
Senior Member
 
Crowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,841
Crowe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverASayanim View Post
Most useless use of the trick of distraction used in an argument ever. It makes you more retarded than riding a motorcycle without a helmet. Subvert the whole argument by lying. A 10 year old kid could see past it. If you actually aren't like a fat kike and you can put your fingers for just 10 sec to research katanas on Google your whole position wouldn't exist at all. You try to blindside the whole thing more than an Arab would.
Go fuck yourself faggot, nobody asked for your opinion.

Most of these katanas people have are cheap Chinese knock offs, the real ones made by craftsmen in Japan are very expensive only affordable by rich private collectors....who do what with them? They hang them on walls or under cases.

Besides, what purpose does a sword even serve anymore when there's guns, or compact/concealable blades like karambits? Outside of larping, or collecting? And if you're gonna larp, at least grab a White man's sword, not some girly katana, unless you're one of those cosplaying faggots who larps in some anime getup.

You sound like a salty, emasculated anime fag who gets irate when someone's not fawning over stuff they like, it's typical with you weebs. Go back to 4chan, shit dick.
__________________
Low-IQ bible scholars are legion, the big book o' bullshit is catnip to the underbrained. --ALEX LINDER

Last edited by Crowe; April 29th, 2022 at 05:43 PM.
 
Old April 29th, 2022 #12
Johan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
Go fuck yourself faggot, nobody asked for your opinion.

You sound like a salty, emasculated anime fag who gets irate when someone's not fawning over stuff they like, it's typical with you weebs. Go back to 4chan, shit dick.
Crowe, I agree, better less posts and comments on the forum.

Better a small group of serious posters than a big group of shit like you have on Sion Front.

The difference between quantity and quality.
 
Old May 1st, 2022 #13
T.Garrett
Senior Member
 
T.Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TriState
Posts: 6,955
T.Garrett
Thumbs down thumbs down

This thread has become fucking ridiculous and should be closed, I'm sorry I started it.

But what has been seen cant be unseen

Last edited by T.Garrett; May 1st, 2022 at 04:24 AM.
 
Old May 11th, 2022 #14
James Radov
Senior Member
 
James Radov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Sochi
Posts: 645
James Radov
Default

cool story out of Texas and the effectiveness of a Spear against an intruder..
 
Old May 11th, 2022 #15
Crowe
Senior Member
 
Crowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,841
Crowe
Default

Here's another place that sells European style armaments. The prices aren't too bad (the Damascus steel ones are expensive).

https://www.darksword-armory.com/med...dieval-swords/

I like these 2 the best, the 15th century Bastard Sword, and the 2 handed Norman Sword. They don't need to be hyphenated machetes to have an ounce of masculinity in the design .

https://www.darksword-armory.com/med...lf-sword-1537/



https://www.darksword-armory.com/med...an-sword-1336/

__________________
Low-IQ bible scholars are legion, the big book o' bullshit is catnip to the underbrained. --ALEX LINDER
 
Old May 16th, 2022 #16
Griff Mickin
Member
 
Griff Mickin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 264
Griff Mickin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Radov View Post
cool story out of Texas and the effectiveness of a Spear against an intruder..
Texas homeowner stabs accused intruder with spear
That is the best story I have seen in a long time.
Watching that guy talk you knew his brain was in the right place totally combat ready to rock and roll then the time comes and he does the business.

Barring raw adrenaline madness how your brain is wired is 75% of how you will operate when you need to and I bet this guy never even had a raised heart beat.
__________________
Long live King John
Trent
 
Reply

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 PM.
Page generated in 0.12283 seconds.