VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 12th, 2022 #1
Taliesen
Banned

Default Hemp for Victory

Hemp for Victory

HEMP FOR VICTORY is a black-and-white United States government film made during World War II and released in 1942, explaining the uses of hemp, encouraging farmers to grow as much as possible. During World War II, the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 was lifted briefly to allow for hemp fiber production to create ropes for the U.S. Navy but after the war hemp reverted to its de facto illegal status.

The film was made to encourage farmers to grow hemp for the war effort because other industrial fibers, often imported from overseas, were in short supply. The film shows a history of hemp and hemp products, how hemp is grown, and how hemp is processed into rope, cloth, cordage and other products.

Before 1989, the film was relatively unknown. The United States government denied ever having made such a film. The United States Department of Agriculture library and the Library of Congress told all interested parties that no such movie was made by the USDA or any branch of the U.S. government.

Watch on TalieVision

Old May 12th, 2022 #2
Ray Allan

Way back when, George Washington was a big grower of hemp, along with tobacco. Of course, in the 18th century that's about all there was to make rope, but I don't know if some people smoked it, too.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old May 12th, 2022 #3
Ole Massa

You could even get a special tax stamp.

Old May 13th, 2022 #4
Taliesen
Banned

Default Can't get high from hemp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
. . . in the 18th century that's about all there was to make rope, but I don't know if some people smoked it, too.
I've been led to understand that there isn't enough THC in hemp to get high on. As one person explained it to me, "you'd have to smoke a joint the size of a telephone pole to get high from hemp."

Thread