VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 16th, 2017 #1
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Slate: Baseball is still too white

My love of baseball comes from summers spent in Idabel, Oklahoma, with my grandfather. We would throw the ball back and forth as he told me stories of traveling hours to see Willard Brown and Satchel Paige play for the Kansas City Monarchs. My grandfather told me that the style of play in the Negro Leagues was much different from that in the all-white majors. Paige, a slender 6-foot-4, would lift his front leg high into the sky, delay his windup for a split second, and then throw the ball with incredible velocity and pinpoint accuracy. He was also known for calling in his outfielders and telling his infielders to sit down before striking out the side.

Speaking to the Kansas City Star, Negro Leagues Baseball Museum president Bob Kendrick lamented that “part of what kept Satchel Paige out of the big leagues so long was he was too charismatic of a player.” Only inhabiting a black body could keep a man with so much talent as Paige traveling what he called the “peanut circuit.” This weekend will mark the 70th anniversary of Jackie Robinson integrating Major League Baseball. It is an important event that should be celebrated, but we should do so critically—for while baseball’s powers that be allowed black bodies into the sport, they were not as welcoming to black culture.

Black culture is American culture, and the flamboyance of players in the Negro Leagues was a major part of why that great American institution was so beloved. Unfortunately, as black athletes integrated baseball, major-league players and fans did not embrace much of what made the Negro Leagues unique. Many teams, for instance, warmed up by miming baseball moves with great flamboyance, a practice known as playing “shadow ball.” Players in the Negro Leagues wowed the crowds with their convincing reactions to balls that were, in fact, not there. But when they made it to the majors, shadow ball ceased to exist.

As William Rhoden noted in the New York Times in 2014, Robinson didn’t leave the style of the Negro Leagues behind when he joined the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1947. His “speed and daring,” particularly his steals of home, were a trademark of black baseball. “At that time, [white] baseball was a base-to base thing,” Negro Leagues legend Buck O’Neil said in an interview for Ken Burns’ documentary Baseball . “But in our baseball … if you walked, you stole second … you actually scored runs without a hit.” Robinson’s aggression on the base paths infuriated his opponents, particularly the white ones. Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Russ Meyer, annoyed at watching Robinson dance off third base, yelled, “Go ahead you nigger, try to steal.” Robinson did try. He was safe at home.

"Negro League players threatened the established racial order,” Mark Anthony Neal, a professor of African and African American studies at Duke University, told me recently, “not only in terms of taking actual jobs from white ballplayers but in developing a style of play that would transform how the game was played.” I

----- snip -----

read full article at source: http://www.slate.com/articles/sports...n_s_sport.html

Old April 25th, 2017 #2
Ironguard1940

Default Baseball will always be my favorite game, so leave muds

If the niggers don't like the fact baseball is still somewhat of a gentleman's game that requires you to act like a civilized human rather than some circus clown or retard, then they need to go play basketball or football. Those sports actually encourage the nigger to come out of niggers.

As for the spics, go play soccer. Same thing there.

Old March 9th, 2021 #3
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
NBA player Meyers Leonard caught using anti-Semitic slur on video game platform

MARCH 9, 2021 4:13 PM

(JTA) — Meyers Leonard of the NBA’s Miami Heat said the word “kike” while playing a video game on the Twitch streaming platform, which allows gamers to talk to each other.

“Don’t f***ing snipe me, you f***ing kike bitch,” Leonard, 29, said while playing a “Call of Duty” game, as shown in a video clip posted Tuesday by the @MainTeamSports Twitter account.
https://www.jta.org/quick-reads/nba-...-game-platform

Oy gevalt!

Old March 9th, 2021 #4
Oscar Yeager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Meadows View Post
I've seen a lot more public figures say "anti-semetic" things in the last year. Not sure if it's contrived or if public consciousness is rising.

Old March 9th, 2021 #5
James Radov

Sports is one of teh kikes main tools in race defiling and nation wrecking.
I dont follow baseball, baskett, or amerikwan handegg.. but jews are doing the same thing with Football and Hockey.

Every league in Europe must import useless, no talent niggers instead of developing and promoting White talent

Thats why jews hate seeing White teams win the World Cup or Euro, it exposes the lie that niggers are good at sports,, they aint!!!

Look at Tennis, 3 White men dominate.. so the jew media focuses ion the steroid using Willimas shemales.

As for Football, the past decade was dominated by predominantly White teams like RealMadrid, FC Barcelona and Spain.. while individually White men like Cristiano Ronaldo and Leo Messi have owned every record and award..

Old March 10th, 2021 #6
James Radov

perfect timing for this topic.. not baseball but kike owners get their kuntz all kvetchy about a White player who ruins their sportsball agenda by even being in the NBA..

his career in NBA is done, but plenty of money leagues in Europa and even better $$$ in China.

Miami Heat center Meyers Leonard “will be away from the team indefinitely” after he said an anti-Semitic slur while streaming himself playing a video game on Twitch,

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/meyers-...viewing-video/

Old March 11th, 2021 #7
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
NBA fines Meyers Leonard $50,000 for using anti-Semitic slur

MARCH 11, 2021 2:41 PM

(JTA) — The NBA fined Miami Heat player Meyers Leonard $50,000 two days after he was caught saying the word “kike” on a video game stream.

NBA commissioner Adam Silver, who is Jewish, said Leonard spoke Wednesday with Anti-Defamation League officials, the Associated Press reported, “to better understand the impact of his words.

“We accept that he is genuinely remorseful,” Silver added on Thursday.

After the video clip circulated widely on social media, Leonard apologized to the Jewish community and specifically to the Heat’s Jewish owner Micky Arison. He said that he was ignorant of what the word meant.
https://www.jta.org/quick-reads/nba-...i-semitic-slur

Adam Silver. "Trust me, goyim."

Old March 11th, 2021 #8
Ole Massa

Anything too White and wholesome beez rayciss an sheeyit.

Old March 13th, 2021 #9
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Radov View Post
Sports is one of teh kikes main tools in race defiling and nation wrecking.
I dont follow baseball, baskett, or amerikwan handegg.. but jews are doing the same thing with Football and Hockey.

Every league in Europe must import useless, no talent niggers instead of developing and promoting White talent
What's remarkable, though, is that I never see white American cuckball fans protest against the jews' harmful anti-white, pro-LGBT, pro-immigration, race-mixing agenda that's being shoved up their collective ass.

In Europe, there is resistance to this. As I have shown in other threads, European football (or "soccer") fans wave NS and Fascist flags during the games, they display "racist" and "antisemitic" banners, they throw bananas at negro players, etc.

This difference between the US and Europe is striking.

Old March 22nd, 2021 #10
Ray Allan

I've been calling major league baseball "Mexican League Baseball" for a long time.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old March 30th, 2021 #11
James Radov

not baseball but not new thread worthy.. its from antiEuropean football..
did anyone ever hear of a country called Blaxemburg??
Its somewhere in Europe, but with all the niggers around, hard to find..

Old March 30th, 2021 #12
Niggers are apes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsFeed View Post
He was also known for calling in his outfielders and telling his infielders to sit down before striking out the side.
That's just what baseball needs more uppity niggers showboating and being disrespectful.

Old March 31st, 2021 #13
Gladiatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
I've been calling major league baseball "Mexican League Baseball" for a long time.
Wrong country.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/b.../Chico_Escuela

Old March 31st, 2021 #14
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiatrix View Post
I don't think so. Major league baseball is loaded with spics.

But I am old enough to remember Chico Escuela from Saturday Night Live. That means "school kid."

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old April 10th, 2021 #15
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Meadows View Post
Some updates (we all knew this would happen):

Quote:
NBA player Meyers Leonard to speak about his anti-Semitism controversy at U of Miami Hillel event

APRIL 8, 2021 4:14 PM

(JTA) — Meyers Leonard, the NBA player who was caught using an anti-Semitic slur online, will speak about his experiences following the incident with students at the University of Miami’s Hillel.

The Zoom conversation, titled “From Heat to Healing,” will take place on Tuesday.
(...)
FaZe Clan, an esports company Leonard had invested in, also said it would “cut ties” with him over the slur.

Since the incident, Leonard has done volunteer work with the rabbi of Chabad of Southwest Broward, delivering food and talking with Holocaust survivors in the Miami area.

“Meyers is really interested in putting in the hard work and learning about the Jewish community,” the Greater Miami Jewish Federation’s director of community relations told the Jewish Telegraphic Agency.
https://www.jta.org/quick-reads/nba-...i-hillel-event

Quote:
Teshuvah for Meyers Leonard: Miami’s Jewish community embraces NBA player after he apologizes for anti-Semitic slur

BY CALEB A. GUEDES-REED APRIL 8, 2021 5:06 PM

MIAMI (JTA) — A recent Shabbat dinner at Rabbi Pinny Andrusier’s home in Cooper City, Florida, was memorable for many reasons.

One was that the featured guest was 7 feet tall, towering over the dozens of kids in attendance — the adults, too. Another was that he was a player for South Florida’s favorite NBA team, the Miami Heat.

The guest was Meyers Leonard, who only a few days prior to the Friday-night meal on March 12 had sparked controversy for using an anti-Semitic slur while livestreaming a video game on Twitch.
(...)
The fallout was swift. Leonard was suspended from the Heat indefinitely and fined $50,000 by the NBA. Nine days later the team traded him to the Oklahoma City Thunder, who then waived him after the league’s trade deadline, making his future in the NBA uncertain. FaZe Clan, an esports company Leonard had invested in, also said it would “cut ties” with him over the slur.

It was time to repair the damage. After posting a public apology on Instagram, Leonard and his representatives contacted multiple Jewish organizations to begin his healing process.
https://www.jta.org/2021/04/08/unite...i-semitic-slur

Old April 10th, 2021 #16
Gladiatrix

Default Baseball has been berry berry good to Chico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
I don't think so. Major league baseball is loaded with spics.

But I am old enough to remember Chico Escuela from Saturday Night Live. That means "school kid."
"A character on the American sketch comedy show "Saturday Night Live", portrayed by Garrett Morris. Chico Escuela was a fictional baseball player from the Dominican Republic."

Thread