Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > Help > Support > Suggestions
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

View Poll Results: confine antis to opposition forum yea or nay?
Yea 16 44.44%
Nay 8 22.22%
Yes and define anti broadly to include all disruptors 9 25.00%
Yes but define anti narrowly 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Display Modes Share
Old February 10th, 2005 #1
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Default should we confine antis to oppfor?

Many people have raised a question about whether or not all antis should be confined to the opposition forum. At this time, we have not bothered to do that and allowed people to post pretty freely after 100 posts subject to rules on spamming, flaming, and outing. But the efforts by antis and disruptors who are actually involved in competing "movement" efforts to sabotage this board have reached a fevered pitch.

I think we could do that and still preserve a wide range and latitude for criticism. But I personally dont care for all the flaming and insults and shenanigans and would like to bring more order to this board especially so that it can better fulfil its intended role which is giving people a chance to learn about, debate, and get involved in our efforts to empower White people as such.

What do you think? Question is do we confine antis to opposition forum? Alex Linder will have the final say as forum owner.

Old February 10th, 2005 #2
Herman van Houten
Ausrotter

I did some thinking about it and voted option 3.

With the growth of VNN's activities should come a better protection against those who try to sabotage them. And there is still total freedom of speech in the opposition forum. I try to post ideas that might be anti in the opposition forum as well.

Old February 10th, 2005 #3
Paul Drake
Senior Heathen

Default Yes

I'm all for it, AE. Seems like a no-brainer to me. 'Anti-' equals 'opposition' no?
Many schools of thought out there, this place should roughly equal the Alex Linder/VNN brand, IMO.

NO HOPE WITHOUT ROPE

Old February 10th, 2005 #4
Pixi
resident psycho

I think one of the better things about this forum is the free speech. Yes, antis can post till their heart's content in Opp, but there's still an opportunity that they might make a contribution in threads in other sections of the forum. If there has to be some sort of restriction on them, I'd say just lock them out of the activism forum.

Old February 10th, 2005 #5
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi
I think one of the better things about this forum is the free speech. Yes, antis can post till their heart's content in Opp, but there's still an opportunity that they might make a contribution in threads in other sections of the forum. If there has to be some sort of restriction on them, I'd say just lock them out of the activism forum.
Thanks Pixi I want to say that your contributions and your opinions are valued, even if this issue ends up going in another direction.

Old February 10th, 2005 #6
Herman van Houten
Ausrotter

It certainly makes the forum more attractive if there are diverging ideas.

Quote:
If there has to be some sort of restriction on them, I'd say just lock them out of the activism forum.
Excellent idea.

Old February 10th, 2005 #7
COTW
Overseer

Moderate newcomers post’s to fifty.

It may not be feasible but I’m bringing it up anyway. Allowing newcomers to label themselves somehow upon sign-up could ease the situation for moderators. For example, an ‘opposed’, ‘neutral’ or ‘concordant’ label can be self applied and then placed beneath their username. After the 50 post moderation is over they can change it.

Antis should be allowed to post anywhere as we should welcome an opposing view.

The Opposition forum should be where we can address them when desired, as well as vice versa.

"The very aim and end of our institutions is just this: that we may think what we like and say what we think."

-Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Old February 10th, 2005 #8
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker oftheWhip
Moderate newcomers post’s to fifty.

It may not be feasible but I’m bringing it up anyway. Allowing newcomers to label themselves somehow upon sign-up could ease the situation for moderators. For example, an ‘opposed’, ‘neutral’ or ‘concordant’ label can be self applied and then placed beneath their username. After the 50 post moderation is over they can change it.

Antis should be allowed to post anywhere as we should welcome an opposing view.

The Opposition forum should be where we can address them when desired, as well as vice versa.
We are already moderating to fifty. We dropped it from a hundred. We may have moved it back up to a hundred. Not sure. But we're already doing that, essentially.

The question of selecting to register as opposition is interesting. I wonder if that can be done with this software. I'm no tech.

Old February 10th, 2005 #9
King_Tiger
this... is my boomstick!

The more the merrier...

Old February 10th, 2005 #10
Sean Martin

Truth will stand to criticism. Truth will stand to healthy debate. I say let them roam around as long they are involved in healthy debate without degenerating into worthless rants. Allow people to see both sides of the argument.

One of the things we criticize the Jews over is their vicious attempt to silence any opposition to their agenda. I think by allowing these people to show their side will erase all doubts of white superiority.

As long as they are not out to destroy members or the forum I don’t see a problem.

You only censor what you fear.

Old February 10th, 2005 #11
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin
Truth will stand to criticism. Truth will stand to healthy debate. I say let them roam around as long they are involved in healthy debate without degenerating into worthless rants. Allow people to see both sides of the argument.

One of the things we criticize the Jews over is their vicious attempt to silence any opposition to their agenda. I think by allowing these people to show their side will erase all doubts of white superiority.

As long as they are not out to destroy members or the forum I don’t see a problem.

You only censor what you fear.
I bolded the problem. Our threads are and have been degenerating into worthless rants. Probably have been from the beginning. I am wondering what would happen if we tuned down the rant factor; perhaps more thoughtful discussions would ensue? Perhaps something useful would get done? Think for a minute about how much space has been giving to teasing Sean Martin. OK, I confess I engaged in it too. But seriously: what did that accomplish?

Old February 10th, 2005 #12
Phantasm

Exclamation Its just common sense...

As White Nationalist forums continue to provide a means for exchange of ideas within the movement... its only common sense that an "Opposition Forum" be used to confine those who disrupt discussions that would otherwise be productive. We White Nationalists have enough disagreements to iron-out without having to worry about the usual trolls disrupting the entire forum. Think about it... most of us can't even agree on what it means to be a White Nationalist. With this in mind... do we really want the saboteurs roaming free amongst us?

Old February 10th, 2005 #13
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi
I think BMF is funny and am convinced he's a White guy posing as a Negroe.
Maybe we should move fat people to a fat forum. Hmmm. Maybe I should poll the question

Old April 8th, 2010 #14
Larry Easterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus Epiphanes View Post
Many people have raised a question about whether or not all antis should be confined to the opposition forum. At this time, we have not bothered to do that and allowed people to post pretty freely after 100 posts subject to rules on spamming, flaming, and outing. But the efforts by antis and disruptors who are actually involved in competing "movement" efforts to sabotage this board have reached a fevered pitch.

I think we could do that and still preserve a wide range and latitude for criticism. But I personally dont care for all the flaming and insults and shenanigans and would like to bring more order to this board especially so that it can better fulfil its intended role which is giving people a chance to learn about, debate, and get involved in our efforts to empower White people as such.

What do you think? Question is do we confine antis to opposition forum? Alex Linder will have the final say as forum owner.
I personally don't have a problem with only posting in the Opposing Views forum. I see that this is a white pride forum, and I am a stranger here. If a stranger comes to your door and into your house, do you give him free run of it? I don't think you should take the chance of an "anti" spewing hateful rhetoric throughout the forum. I've seen it before, once a forum gives others free run, it can change hands mighty quickly. I've seen it on an Christian forum. They let atheists post anywhere, and soon it turned into an atheist forum. You need to keep your forum that way it is.

Old December 28th, 2010 #15
Lily

If they are allowed to post everywhere, it would be easier for me to quickly identify known anti's/non whites on the forums if they were put into a usergroup with a marker.
Perhaps an icon below their name.
Moving said persons into usergroup would auto show the icon upon next post or running maintenance feature.
Usergroup settings can then be adjusted according to how seen fit by forum Owner should he ever decide to limit the area of availability.

Just my .0002 cents worth. (Inflation)

Lily

Old December 29th, 2010 #16
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
If they are allowed to post everywhere, it would be easier for me to quickly identify known anti's/non whites on the forums if they were put into a usergroup with a marker.
Perhaps an icon below their name.
Moving said persons into usergroup would auto show the icon upon next post or running maintenance feature.
Usergroup settings can then be adjusted according to how seen fit by forum Owner should he ever decide to limit the area of availability.

Just my .0002 cents worth. (Inflation)

Lily
I don't agree, which is why the rules are as they are. If they're confined to ops, then they have to copy everything they want to chip in on. I don't see a need for that. As long as people follow the rules, no problem. Believing that anyone here is X or Y without knowing them personally is silly to dangerous, as I've said 1000x. Stand behind your posts, follow the rules. That's all any of us needs to do to make the forum work.

Old December 29th, 2010 #17
Lily

Thank you for your reply.
I think perhaps I have misunderstood or poorly stated my thoughts.
I was under the impression that persons who actively identify themselves (openly say they are anti or non-white) post everywhere and was referring to those. Not the finger pointing accusation type of thing that goes on.
I meant that if one comes to the board and volunteers they are anti-white or some sort of announcement, it would be convenient for me to be able to spot their posts and know not to put much stock in it.

I suggested the icon/usergroup as a means to identify without restricting access but having an easy option in the future should you change your mind.

As I may be further inserting my foot into my mouth, I will just hush up now before I end up in the women's section of Tard Corral.

Good day to you Sir,

Lily

Old December 29th, 2010 #18
Alex Linder
Administrator

First, people don't need to worry about hurting my feelings, won't happen. I already know the worst about me, and can taunt myself more effectively than any you.

Second, the ideal, yes, ideal, here is that we WN can demonstrate in a free-speech forum that we can defeat all comers - in arguments, insults, whatever. Head, heart, hands, we'll kick their ass. We moderate by the north star of that ideal.

Third, free speech is not an absolute anywhere. It is secondary here to what is good for Whites. That said, we are not going to stop anyone from making an ARGUMENT, a political argument, as long as he observes the few simple declared known obvious easily decipherable rules.

Fourth, we'd like to attract more intelligent posters than stupid ones. More intelligent people see past externals (name, rep, clothes) to internals and essentials. Hence, the focus here is on the contents of the poster, not his signature, his rep, his fantasy name.

Fifth, anti doesn't really mean anything on a forum other than someone with a different view from the majority. We don't pretend we are a political organization or party here, just a discussion forum.

Thread