VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 27th, 2007 #41
Mark Kerpolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbionMP View Post
Germanic food for Germanics and Wop food for Wops!
Most pastas come from the northern regions of Italy, the traditionally Celto-Germanic parts of Italy; Piemonte, Lombardy, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Liguria, and so on. It was most likely a Germanic addition to the Italian cuisine, since the modern-day Italy was only unified and founded in 1848 by Giuseppe Garibaldi (of Longobardic lineage; name was derrived of gari·bāld/gari·bold; ‘broad/bold spear’ in old Longobardic). Before that, Germanic kingdoms and empires pretty much ruled over unified Italian states, and particularly the northern part[s] of modern-day Italy; such as Ostrogothic Italy of the East Germanic Ostrogoths, succeeded by the dynasties of the kingdoms and empires of the Longobards (Lombardians), since the fall of the [Western] Roman Empire. Later the West Germanic Franks conquered parts of Northern Italy, to become part of the Frankish Empire. After that, parts became part of the Holy Roman Empire, which was one of the biggest and most succesful - European continental - Germanic states and empires, but also the first truly unified German state which later defined Germany as we know it today (it was the “first” that defined the “third,” as in the drittes Reich [Third Empire] of Adolf Hitler). Then, after that in turn, the Austrian Empire ruled over parts of Northern Italy, until the Austrians were defeated by combined efforts of Giuseppe Garibaldi's revolution, in campaigns with a military alliance between the Prussians and king Victor Emanuel II of Italy (with the outcome that I mentioned further up in the post).

Plus, I should add, in Germany, Austria and Switzerland Nudeln (noodles) - fundamentally speaking, virtually identical to pasta - are quite common.

I almost forgot to ask: What exactly is “Wop” for you anyway? You should really define it; is it someone from modern-day Italy in its entirety? Then I guess it is indeed all “Wop” food, and I love it!

Also, what is “Germanic” food? German food is totally different from British so-called ‘food.’ German cuisine is wonderful, just like Italy's, unlike Britain's; which is really terrible!

Old November 27th, 2007 #42
AlbionMP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aistulf View Post
I almost forgot to ask: What exactly is “Wop” for you anyway? You should really define it; is it all of modern-day Italy? Then I guess it is indeed all “Wop” food, and I love it!
I think WOP is a slang word for 'guappo' (according to the wikipedia), meaning someone connected to the sicilian mafia, or 'without papers', if you like.

Of course I am well aware that there are some Germanic enclaves in Italy, with many people in Italy having some Germanic blood as result of the invasions you indicated.

Quote:
Also, what is “Germanic” food? German food is totally different from British so-called ‘food.’ German cuisine is wonderful, just like Italy's, unlike Britain's; which is really terrible!
I would say Northern European food is different from food from other parts of the world, including food from the med.

Most Northern European (Germanic) food is quite simple, and does not take a lot to prepare - e.g. bacon and eggs!

I think modern food is too complicated, and its pushed onto us by these fancy faggot chefs who are making a living out of making things complicated.

Yes, your right about British food, generally its awful, especially in comparison to the continentals, like the Germans, French, Swedes, and even the Italians and Spanish.

I think the British lost their cuisine when they sold their country out to the jews in cromwells time. Since then its been stodgy puddings, chips and silly imports.

The bread in Britain is crap, and I think most women in Britain cant cook to save their lives.

Last edited by AlbionMP; November 27th, 2007 at 08:44 PM.

Old November 29th, 2007 #43
Sunlightdemented

Quote:
I think WOP is a slang word for 'guappo' (according to the wikipedia), meaning someone connected to the sicilian mafia, or 'without papers', if you like.

Of course I am well aware that there are some Germanic enclaves in Italy, with many people in Italy having some Germanic blood as result of the invasions you indicated.

I would say Northern European food is different from food from other parts of the world, including food from the med.

Most Northern European (Germanic) food is quite simple, and does not take a lot to prepare - e.g. bacon and eggs!

I think modern food is too complicated, and its pushed onto us by these fancy faggot chefs who are making a living out of making things complicated.

Yes, your right about British food, generally its awful, especially in comparison to the continentals, like the Germans, French, Swedes, and even the Italians and Spanish.

I think the British lost their cuisine when they sold their country out to the jews in cromwells time. Since then its been stodgy puddings, chips and silly imports.

The bread in Britain is crap, and I think most women in Britain cant cook to save their lives.
You think most women in Britain can't cook I am a very good cook thankyou.

Old November 29th, 2007 #44
AlbionMP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunlightdemented View Post
You think most women in Britain can't cook I am a very good cook thankyou.
What can you cook ?

Old November 29th, 2007 #45
Sunlightdemented

Quote:
What can you cook ?
Name it I cook it.

Old November 29th, 2007 #46
AlbionMP...

Quote:
Name it I cook it.

.... ok, what do you usually cook ?

Old November 29th, 2007 #47
Sunlightdemented

Quote:

.... ok, what do you usually cook ?
Liver & Onions, Lancashire hot pot (being a Lancashire lass) stew and dumplings, cheese & Onion Pie (with home made chips) black puddings, hearts & homemade rag puddings, bread & butter pudding, Manchester tart treacle pudding with lashings of custard.

Old November 29th, 2007 #48
AlbionMP...

Quote:
Liver & Onions, Lancashire hot pot (being a Lancashire lass) stew and dumplings, cheese & Onion Pie (with home made chips) black puddings, hearts & homemade rag puddings, bread & butter pudding, Manchester tart treacle pudding with lashings of custard.

Lancashire hot pots is one of my favourites - being a Lancashire lad

Good place Lancashire!

Was you born there ?

Old November 29th, 2007 #49
Jess_Smith

Quote:
No veg?

Old November 29th, 2007 #50
Sunlightdemented

Quote:

Lancashire hot pots is one of my favourites - being a Lancashire lad

Good place Lancashire!

Was you born there ?
USED TO BE A GOOD PLACE MATE

Old November 29th, 2007 #51
AlbionMP...

Quote:
USED TO BE A GOOD PLACE MATE
It still is in some places

....but your sentiments are correct, its not what it used to be, and nor what it should be!

If I had my way - Preston or Lancaster would be the major towns, and the conurbations of Manchester and Liverpool would be reduced to their pre-industrial (revolution) size!

The reason being is because I think Preston and Lancaster are the centers of old Lancashire! But that's just my opinion.

....do you find it hard to breathe with all the traffic ?

Last edited by AlbionMP; November 29th, 2007 at 11:50 AM.

Old November 29th, 2007 #52
Sunlightdemented

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteNightshade View Post
No veg?
Always meat & veg chick

Old November 29th, 2007 #53
Sunlightdemented

Quote:
It still is in some places

....but your sentiments are correct, its not what it used to be, and nor what it should be!

If I had my way - Preston or Lancaster would be the major towns, and the conurbations of Manchester and Liverpool would be reduced to their pre-industrial (revolution) size!

The reason being is because I think Preston and Lancaster are the centers of old Lancashire! But that's just my opinion.

....do you find it hard to breathe with all the traffic ?
Yes that is true, we are fortunate enough to say where we reside is fine for the time being. that drip,drip of ethnics has taken root

Old November 29th, 2007 #54
AlbionMP...

Quote:
Yes that is true, we are fortunate enough to say where we reside is fine for the time being. that drip,drip of ethnics has taken root
I think Manchester airport is the tap!

Their all over the place now, and that's just the traitors in the Town Halls!

Old November 29th, 2007 #55
Signe
Holy Polaris!

Hey Sunlightdemented or AlbionMP-

Do either of you have any good traditional English recipes? I am half Swedish and half English but our family never ate very Englsih. Maybe either of you have a favorite recipe for the Lancashire hot pot you were talking about

Just curious. I would like to play around with some of that...

Old November 29th, 2007 #56
Ty Grant

Default Bread And Beer

You know, natural bread has only a few ingredients in it... Next time you Go to your local food store read the contents of comercial bread... And don't pay attention to this Jewry oh you can't eat mold and the false flag of jerms and we all must bow befor the medical industry for if it wasn't for them, bla bla ... All That retoric is from ignorant Jews who are just to dumb to activily participate within society

Prep Time and CooKing 1.5 hours

BREAD (WHITE OF COURSE)

ONE PACKET YEAST DRY ADDed TO SUGAR WATER 1 1/3 WATER : 1/2 CUP SUGAR ...make sure the water is 100 degrees then let sit aside in dark room-temprature setting

1 1/3 CUP SCALDED MILK (WHICH IS VERY HOT MILK STIRED SLOWLY,.. DON'T WHIP)

ONE EGG

2 TABLE SPOONS OF BUTTER (on the side of the butter wrapper you'll see a legend just cut off were it says 2 tbls.)

2 TABLE SPOONS SALT

4 CUPS FLOUR... you can add 2 cups of wheat flour and 2 of white or what ever you want

mix all the ingrediants first slowy adding the flour. If you don't have a "flour sifter" then just make sure you let if fall in the mix from about 3 feet high so as to get it airrated...
when mixture that you are mixing becomes 1/2 as hard as when you began then add the yeast... after a while of mixing the mixture will be solid enough to just use yous hands, but do this with flour. When it looks done some say to let it sit or you can just toss it in the oven then 45 minutes at a preheated 415 degree oven

Beer:

Beer has been said to have its origin during the time of early man were man began to settle down and farm the land. It goes like this. During time of mans new endevor of farming grasses, oats, wheats, and various kinds of Maiz (corn), someone found out that the moistrue at the the bottom of a wheat pile or grain store can be drunk. And the next day after this individual sobered up, he told the whole community about it...
It turnes out the bottom of the weat and grain piles the process of Brewing began to be understood . Yet befor Brewing and even before Fermentation one must understand germaniaztion. more or less Germanation that is to say were seeds just start to begin to grow creat sugars. The germinating within the seeds of oats, or grains thus creating a sugury substance within the seed of the grain was the building block or nutriant the seed uses as if were planted in the ground. These seeds, which are called malted barly, weren't able to grow because of lack of sunlight and sat in an semi air tight compartment were it was in a sense fermenting. Then early white man came by and said what is that smell or whatever...
I believe that some kids were bullying around and made another kid drink that ugly stuff at the bottom of the grain store everyone thought was not to be drunk... well you know kids will be kids...However the "fermentation process" the truning of surags into alcohol, has eairlier begings, I think??? But nevertheless it is the staple "process" of the brewing procedure. So with the not so sophisticated forms of stroing grain you had also poor ventilation problems. Here again perfect for the "turning of sugars in to alcohol" this more specificly is call anaerobic or meaning without air. and on top of this little natural caldrun was the perfect environment for yeast to form and grow thus compleating the "brewing Process"...

Well then with that I leave it up to you spend 30 dollars and start the hobby of brewing your own... its fun ,yet its not a recipie, but its a very white thing to do and by the way thirty dollars makes like 5 Gallons of beer...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeast
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermentation_%28food%29

Old November 29th, 2007 #57
AlbionMP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signe View Post
Hey Sunlightdemented or AlbionMP-

Do either of you have any good traditional English recipes? I am half Swedish and half English but our family never ate very Englsih. Maybe either of you have a favorite recipe for the Lancashire hot pot you were talking about

Just curious. I would like to play around with some of that...
Try this one, its not bad

http://www.fellwalk.co.uk/londonfood5.htm

You can add carrots and pees to make a good dinner.

Serve it with a pint of stout or brown ale.

Last edited by AlbionMP; November 29th, 2007 at 05:46 PM.

Old December 1st, 2007 #58
SSanguine

Quote:

Okay so now I'm curious ... Need recipes --- Lancashire hot pot sounds good and a cheese and onion pie?? Is that like a type of quiche ???

Old December 1st, 2007 #59
SSanguine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Grant View Post
You know, natural bread has only a few ingredients in it... Next time you Go to your local food store read the contents of comercial bread... And don't pay attention to this Jewry oh you can't eat mold and the false flag of jerms and we all must bow befor the medical industry for if it wasn't for them, bla bla ... All That retoric is from ignorant Jews who are just to dumb to activily participate within society

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeast
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermentation_%28food%29

Once you've made your beer --- and you are getting ready to make some bread ---- Make some Beer Bread mmmm

I have a recipe for it and some picture around here on the forum somewhere.

Old December 2nd, 2007 #60
TwistedCross
Smart Ass White Boy

Cheese steak sandwiches

Like most folk who know thier way around a kitchen, I dont messure so bear with me. Before I made this i never had a cheese steak sandwich before, but this is great, easy and inexpensive

1lb Roast beef from the deli counter
chop it into peices about 2 inches long, finger width
1 large sweet onion chopped 1/2 inch wide. about 2 inches long
3 bell peppers or pack of sweet peppers (red, yellow and green) yes, each have thier own flavors
cut into strips, 1/2 inch wide. about 2 inches long
1/2lb pepper jack cheese. Grated or sliced from deli... its all the same
1/2 cube butter
1/3 of a beer. Bud works nice.
Lots of black pepper
Good bread ( I like the French rolls found near the deli counter) Never ever go to the bread isle. The rolls there are so packed full of preservatives they are almost inedible.

heat frying pan, melt butter
Toss in all your meat, 1/2 the onion, 1/2 the peppers
Add lots of black pepper
When meat is hot, taste it for pepper content. Add more if needed about 5 mins
add beer, let simmer till moisture is gone, about 10-15 mins
Taste again... adjust as needed
add remaining peppers and onions and cheese
stir until cheese is melted

Load up your toasted bun and enjoy.

VNN: for entertainment purposes only.

Tags
#1, cooking, food, recipe