VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 31st, 2005 #1
Stan Sikorski
Returned

Default Vanguard Radio is On the Air

http://www.vanguardnewsnetwork.com/vnnmmc.htm

Please listen and make recommendations here. This is experimental and will be going through changes as it progresses.

Old May 31st, 2005 #2
Paul Drake
Senior Heathen

Pretty cool, Stan! Listening now. I like the program mix except for the really heavy metallic stuff, but you seem to have it balanced off pretty well, comedy routines, etc. The brit chick announcer provides a nice provocative touch. She sounds hip and sexy. Really though, at least bring the levels down on the wilder stuff, I find I have to keep turning it down, then turning it back up, back and forth. All in all, a great effort. I'd dump jewsmedia for this anytime. -Wait a minute, I already have dumped jewsmedia!
(BTW, Thank You for all your hard work!)

NO HOPE WITHOUT ROPE

Old May 31st, 2005 #3
Stan Sikorski
Returned

LOL! Thanks Paul. Yes, it is hard to keep the heavier stuff reined even with compressors and normalizing finalizers. FM radio compresses(squashes) their signals so much that all songs either need to be of the same quality or they don't make it. As I'm dealing with various signals of an 'independently mastered' nature, it makes it hard to keep it smooth. I will pay attention though in further broadcasts. Enjoy!

Old May 31st, 2005 #4
Alex Linder
Administrator

Great work, Stan!

I hope listeners will let us know what mix they prefer, as we fine tune our offerings. We'll end up having multiple signals, packed with as much original material as we can produce. If you have an idea for a show, or would like to produce one yourself, get in touch.

Old May 31st, 2005 #5
Subrosa
Banned

Default Fucking A!!

Man, I clicked that link expecting to hear mindless WP music when what do I hear?

"The hammer of the gods
Will drive our ships to new lands,
To fight the horde, singing and crying:
Valhalla, I am coming!!"

Then I hear that Alabama nigger song, Haha!

Right on Stan! This is great, just great. The mix seems to be pretty good, even the WP stuff that's playing now is of better quality (well, most of it anyway). definitely keep the comedy in there (haha shirley Q). The country stuff is great too, especially the old country, that's as white as you can get.

BTW, what happened to Edgar's Nickel Rant? I think that would be good to insert that somewhere in there too, kinda like that Osgood jerk on talk radio. Maybe a Paul Harvey type program too.

Class act dude.

Old June 1st, 2005 #6
Alex Linder
Administrator

I think the country stuff does real well. We're only using the best WP stuff, guaranteed. No noise for white noise's sake. I think we should add an announcer giving artists/songs every few songs. I was wondering who did a few of them. I think we've mostly decided it's better to keep music with music, and talk with talk.

Old June 1st, 2005 #7
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

I have listened to lots of WP music and lots of it is crap. However the folk stuff is ok and some of the hard rock. If you like Led Zep, I think you would like BFG. Bound For Glory. Out of Minneapolis. I would bet they would give permission to use some of their stuff. Any interest in this?

http://www.musicalterrorists.com/

I really like the album "Behold the Iron Cross." This stuff reminds me of the Black Album, you know, the one with the Monolith on it? Achilles Last Stand?

Old June 1st, 2005 #8
TulsaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Sikorski
Please listen and make recommendations here.
Stan, I have something you might be interested in. My PM and e-mail functions on the board are inactive, so e-mail me and I'll write you back.

Old June 1st, 2005 #9
Subrosa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder
I think the country stuff does real well. We're only using the best WP stuff, guaranteed. No noise for white noise's sake. I think we should add an announcer giving artists/songs every few songs. I was wondering who did a few of them. I think we've mostly decided it's better to keep music with music, and talk with talk.
That would work. I'd like to hear mostly female announcers, maybe some of the girls from VNNF would like to try out? Whoever that British gal is, she's great. How 'bout some German or French babes?

Also, some snippets From Uncle Wolf, GLR, Dr. Pierce and other fine patriots would set good intros into some of the music. I think you guys are already doing that, I remember hearing Uncle Wolf just before some heavy metal Thundered out of my speakers.

Old June 2nd, 2005 #10
cknott
Banned

I must say a nice effort. Good to see something different than hardcore loud music aimed toward the younger crowd.

Thread