Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 27th, 2005 #1
The King

Default Status of Audio Broadcast - 27 March 2005

What is the status of the VNN Broadcast Network or whatever you're going to call it ?

Has the hardware been purchased ?

Has the hardware been received ?

Has the hardware been installed ?

Has necessary software been purchased and installed ?

What's holding up the launch of the broadcast ?

Old March 27th, 2005 #2
Stan Sikorski
Returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King
What is the status of the VNN Broadcast Network or whatever you're going to call it ?

Has the hardware been purchased ?

Has the hardware been received ?

Has the hardware been installed ?

Has necessary software been purchased and installed ?

What's holding up the launch of the broadcast ?
King,

Post-production facilities - ready to go

Server - ready to go

Agis has supplied a software that will allow for multi-user participation live over the internet to produce a crossfire-like program that Alex will be moderating. We are scheduled to have our first test of the system this coming weekend. If any content is able to be used from that session it will be assembled into a pilot for the network.

I am going to initiate a poll for naming the network this evening and will run it for the next few days. That should decide what we will call it.

R MacDonald has a show concept as well and is working up a pilot for that.

The only things holding up the broadcast are getting TAA #2 out the door and firming up the content for show formats. As has been stated before, this is not an overnight endevour, especially when we are trying to do so much with so little time. We want all Whites, WN's, Dumper Foxman and Dees to know we mean business out of the gate when the broadcast network hits the server.

I hope this has answered some of your questions. Don't hesitate to contact me directly for any reason.

Old March 28th, 2005 #3
Moose

Wow, I am impressed. Stan, you rule. One of those guys that single handedly
carries out the work that needs to be done so "this thing of ours" actually makes some progress. Salute!

By the way, here is something I am curious about (it may have been asked already, so maybe I missed it). Is there software/hardware that the individual member of VNN may purchase so that they can host their own shows, once the network evolves into a 24 hour live type radio? I mean, we can't just have everyone go over to Alex's house to do shows once you start expanding into constant non-stop programming.

Old March 28th, 2005 #4
Stan Sikorski
Returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Wow, I am impressed. Stan, you rule. One of those guys that single handedly
carries out the work that needs to be done so "this thing of ours" actually makes some progress. Salute!

By the way, here is something I am curious about (it may have been asked already, so maybe I missed it). Is there software/hardware that the individual member of VNN may purchase so that they can host their own shows, once the network evolves into a 24 hour live type radio? I mean, we can't just have everyone go over to Alex's house to do shows once you start expanding into constant non-stop programming.
Anyone that has a computer mic and an audio recording program like Music Match or Cakewalk Sonar can produce verbal and musical content for shows.

As example, I interface a mixing console into the soundcard of my music server, fire up Cakewalk Sonar Pro, record live content, add tracks of music and other events, mix it on that program and then transfer it to Goldwave for final editing, audio tweaking and conversion to web-usable files.

Thanks to Agis' groundwork, there is now a software available for up to 5 people to converse at once, live over the internet, which I can monitor and record, producing the content for a crossfire-type format that Alex is intending on moderating ( http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=16416 ). I will take the recorded content, add music/bumpers and whatever else is needed, plant it on the server and link it.

As we get more into this, those with the basic skills, a computer, a mic and the software will be able to "phone it in" to me. This works on two levels. First, those that have show ideas can work real-time live with me on their show and second, we will have the ability to produce live internet call-in shows. Visit http://www.skype.com to find out more about this software.

I will soon be opening the door to this "web studio" concept soon so that those of you that have a show you need help producing can work with me in real time from the comfort of our workstations.

The thing is getting more people on the bandwagon with the basic skills to provide content for shows or whole shows. So far, Agis and R MacDonald are actively producing show concepts that should air in the near future, kicking off the network. But that's just 2, we need more!

I have a couple of show ideas myself that I am going to start working on as the time is available over the next few weeks as well as developing the site pages for the network.

Make sure you all vote for your favorite choice to name our network at this online poll as well - http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=16857

Cheers!

Old March 28th, 2005 #5
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Sikorski

Thanks to Agis' groundwork, there is now a software available for up to 5 people to converse at once, live over the internet, which I can monitor and record, producing the content for a crossfire-type format that Alex is intending on moderating ( http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=16416 ). I will take the recorded content, add music/bumpers and whatever else is needed, plant it on the server and link it.
Attaboys to Alex, Stan and Agis! Can't wait to hear it! I was wondering, doesn't a crossfire-type format involve alternating firm believers and vocal doubters at the pulpit? If so, who will be VNN networks vocal doubters? Is 'Dumper and cool 'Mo going to be on the show? If not, will Alex end up moderating a debate between VNN's smartest members(AE and Doppel) and VNN's second smartest members( FranzJoseph and Torcher88)?

I can picture it now.

Alex: Gentlemen, welcome to the show. What are each of your favorite Pagan symbols?

AE: Obviously the "Greek Key" which is reminiscent of interlocking gammas and hence the swastika, would be my favorite.

FranzJoseph: I agree with that.

Torcher88: I also agree with that.

Doppel: I'm going to play devils advocate here and say I also agree with that as long as they are not to pricey and I don't have to identify myself.

Old March 29th, 2005 #6
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelhaken

You wag, you're not up on current events.

Quote:
For the first show I'd invite:
Alex
Chain
Tinsoldier (SF)
Whitebear (NNN)
Tyrone N. Butts (NNN)

http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=16416
Well sir, I am up on current events hence my posting on this thread. The first show that Agis envisions is a fuckin joke, IMO! I give Alex a 10 and Chain an 8. Tinsoldier from Stormfront, Whitebear and Tyrone N. Butts from New Nation News...don't know them but just to hazzard a guess I'm thinkin milquetoast moderate White Nationalists! Why would Alex want to moderate a debate between these people? Why don't we just have Bill O'rielly moderate a debate between Sean Hannity, John McCain and Rudolph Giuliani?

Quote:
It's a good lineup. You actually have a point, Steve. Too much agreement is fucking boring; I'm sure that occurred to Agis and that's why he outsourced.
It is not a good lineup! Outsourced...to what? NNN and SF? This so-called lineup is nothing more than imitation jew feel good, pat on the back, wink wink, nudge nudge bullshit masquerading as opposing points!!

Quote:
I'm only on standby if one of the above don't show. Now when am I appearing on Rooster Patrol? Let's open with the paradox of the yes man in a pathologized movement, while staying true to the shows Hee Haw vision.
How very jewey of you Doppel! I can't have an opinion about anything without being compared to Buck Owens and the Buckaroos!!

In my humble opinion the format of this show is all wrong. Why waste the talent and ability of Linder as a "moderator"??? Sticking Alex in between rightwing White Nationalists and moderate White nationalists gains nothing.

Think of it this way, Doppel. You have a star pitcher but management and the coaching staff want to make a reliever out of him. That may be how play it safe scaredy cats like you want to handle it but this banjo playin redneck thinks yer a god damn chickenshit!!!

Old March 29th, 2005 #7
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
it's done.

Or go over his head and plead your case to Alex.
Pftt! Plead my case to Alex? There is no case! Comon Doppel, both of us have been reading VNN and posting on the forum for years now. Has Alex ever been beat? Has anyone ever bested Alex in a stand up fair fight? Iv'e never seen it!

Your big brained candy ass buddy Intrepid tried it once or twice. I actually thought mommys boy had a chance. Alas, a first round KO! I won't bore readers with the list of contenders who have stepped into the ring and were carted out on a Linder stretcher. Ya ever notice why I never take him on even when sometimes I think he's wrong? Cuz I don't particularly care to be splayed out on the canvass grasping for my mouthpiece while my left leg twitches!

And you and Agis want to make Linder a moderator of other peoples words!!! Ha! It will never happen!

Old March 29th, 2005 #8
Intrepid
Dodging vacuous stares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B
Pftt! Plead my case to Alex? There is no case! Comon Doppel, both of us have been reading VNN and posting on the forum for years now. Has Alex ever been beat? Has anyone ever bested Alex in a stand up fair fight? Iv'e never seen it!

Your big brained candy ass buddy Intrepid tried it once or twice. I actually thought mommys boy had a chance. Alas, a first round KO! I won't bore readers with the list of contenders who have stepped into the ring and were carted out on a Linder stretcher. Ya ever notice why I never take him on even when sometimes I think he's wrong? Cuz I don't particularly care to be splayed out on the canvass grasping for my mouthpiece while my left leg twitches!

And you and Agis want to make Linder a moderator of other peoples words!!! Ha! It will never happen!
I'd gladly pay to hear you debate all comers, or at least be involved in some fashion if only for your stable demeanor & natural aversion to hero worship, Steve-Ohhh. That is, as long as you're in your normal, shall we say, flushed state.

Steve's constant presence in the cross-hairs aside, Agis' thoughts at least sound interesting. No doubt, you'd have a fair amount of listeners, at least initially, if only out of curiosity.

Old March 29th, 2005 #9
The King

Thank you for the update Stan.

Quote:
In my humble opinion the format of this show is all wrong. Why waste the talent and ability of Linder as a "moderator"??? Sticking
Alex in between rightwing White Nationalists and moderate White nationalists gains nothing.
I agree Steve. But I think the reason for the lightweight "panel discussion" is because Linder lacks the confidence to do a live call-in show on his own right now. Hence he's taking the heat off by surrounding himself with guests who can act as a buffer, and he's going to tape the program rather than broadcast it live. The way I'm looking at it is if Linder needs to get one softball program under his belt in order to become comfortable with the broadcast mechanics, okay, we can just count this as a shakedown cruise. But I myself would prefer to hear Linder live in the future just taking phone calls with maybe a special guest on occasion.

Old March 29th, 2005 #10
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid
I'd gladly pay to hear you debate all comers, or at least be involved in some fashion if only for your stable demeanor & natural aversion to hero worship, Steve-Ohhh. That is, as long as you're in your normal, shall we say, flushed state.

Steve's constant presence in the cross-hairs aside, Agis' thoughts at least sound interesting. No doubt, you'd have a fair amount of listeners, at least initially, if only out of curiosity.
Forgive me, sir. I thought you were banned or at had least had taken a sabbatical. Alas, you always seem to show up at the most opportune time. Ready, willing and able to throw that monkey in the wrench. A fly in the ointment, perhaps?

Pay you say? How much, exactly are you willing to pay or should I say how much is mommy willing to pay to hear Steve B debate all 'comers, hero worship aside?

I admit my banjo playing has yet to produce tangible results and if I may, it appears that your favored, female sweetheart Doppel, may not be panning out, as they say.

So, shall we cut to the chase my 'man. I need money and you need an alpha male. I promise I'll be gentle, queenie!

Old March 29th, 2005 #11
Rounder

Way to go, Stan-the-Man !!!

With VNN Radio this coming weekend, and according to Alex, Tabloid Issue 2 going to the printers this coming Friday - Happy Days are Here Again !!!

And least we forget (1) The White Freedom Party, (2) VNN emails sent to many thousands, (3) Hibernian's ongoing VNN business card project, (4) Byron's VNN 2-hour video soon to be released, and (5) Other projects in the making.

Oh, glory. . . I say, oh glory days ahead for VNN'ers !!!

Old March 29th, 2005 #12
Rounder

Quote:
Forgive me, sir. I thought you were banned or at had least had taken a sabbatical. Alas, you always seem to show up at the most opportune time. Ready, willing and able to throw that monkey in the wrench. A fly in the ointment, perhaps?

Pay you say? How much, exactly are you willing to pay or should I say how much is mommy willing to pay to hear Steve B debate all 'comers, hero worship aside?

I admit my banjo playing has yet to produce tangible results and if I may, it appears that your favored, female sweetheart Doppel, may not be panning out, as they say.

So, shall we cut to the chase my 'man. I need money and you need an alpha male. I promise I'll be gentle, queenie!
You're right, Steve. That komedian-kike-a-like is here to demoralize and divide.

A.E. !!! Chunk em out !!! Chunk em out !!! Chunk em w-w-w-w-a-a-a-y-y-y out !!!

Old March 29th, 2005 #13
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

let's remember to stay on topic.

I have some stuff to do today so I cant keep checking in. Try and make a constructive discussion.

Hey Intrepid. Remember that thing from "Meet the Fokkers?"

I got my eyes on you!

Old March 30th, 2005 #14
Steve B
Banned

Quote:

I agree Steve. But I think the reason for the lightweight "panel discussion" is because Linder lacks the confidence to do a live call-in show on his own right now. Hence he's taking the heat off by surrounding himself with guests who can act as a buffer, and he's going to tape the program rather than broadcast it live. The way I'm looking at it is if Linder needs to get one softball program under his belt in order to become comfortable with the broadcast mechanics, okay, we can just count this as a shakedown cruise. But I myself would prefer to hear Linder live in the future just taking phone calls with maybe a special guest on occasion.
King, good points. I can see Alex maybe wanting to get his feet wet, as they say, with the first show. And I think it's a good way to begin. What I have a problem with, is a panel discussion of same thinking White nationalists that is marketed as a "cross fire debate". And Alex isn't even in on the "crossfire"...he's just a moderator.

Thats what I mean when I say the format is all wrong. I suggest for the first show Alex and Ed Steele by themselves. Talking about current events, the Iraq war, immigration, the jews at UCLA...whatever. Steele is bright, articulate, has name recognition and he's an attorney.

Alex and Steele for the first hour and then phone calls for the second. Simple, safe, effective and entertaining. Stan can tape it, edit it for content and he doesn't have the tec problems that might occur with a panel discussion with guys I have never heard of.

Comon VNNers...you wanna hear a couple guys from SF and NNN on VNN radio or Alex Linder and Ed Steele? It's a no-brainer!!!

Old March 30th, 2005 #15
ohgolly

Steve is definitely right on this one, and I'll bet Linder'll warm up real quick after a couple of rabid heebs or their patsies call in.

Old March 30th, 2005 #16
Blondie

Default Status of Adudio Broadcast - 27 March 2005

Quoting from this thread:

" Linder lacks the confidence to do a live call-in show on his own right now. Hence he's taking the heat off by surrounding himself with guests who can act as a buffer, and he's going to tape the program rather than broadcast it live."

I doubt Linder lacks the confidence. It's much cheaper to do a taped show without live call-in and a great way to get started on a shoestring.

Old March 31st, 2005 #17
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
No, these guys are springing ahead, as they should, since I'm not done with #2 yet. I have some specific ideas on what will work. How they'll work out, we'll see. But initiative is one thing missing in WN.

We should be careful that this radio is interesting to as broad a sector as possible. That means staying away from the horrible WP music. That stuff can be got anywhere.

Look at the stuff that commands the big shares. Copy that but fill it with our content. That's the way to succeed. Look at NPR. Look at Limbaugh. Look at O'Reilly, Savage, Hannity. Cut back on the blowing, cut back on the ads, get rid of the bumper bullshit, give the audience straight, smooth informed. Use humor and satire only if you've got genuine quality. Don't repeat it eighty times so it loses all effect.

Old March 31st, 2005 #18
The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie
I doubt Linder lacks the confidence. It's much cheaper to do a taped show without live call-in and a great way to get started on a shoestring.
In what way is taping the program "much cheaper" than broadcasting live ? Stan gave an equipment cost breakdown for a live broadcast here http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.p...&page=20&pp=10
(post #193)

that totalled approximately $800. That included a multi-line telephone. There has been slightly more than $1000 donated thus far.

If bandwidth cost is a consideration there is a free Streamer p2p download available that minimises bandwidth use and requirements.

* Special Thanks to Joe Snuffy btw who generously contributed half of the total broadcast funds himself.

Old March 31st, 2005 #19
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus Epiphanes

Hey Intrepid. Remember that thing from "Meet the Fokkers?"

I got my eyes on you!
My eyes are bleeding!!!

Old March 31st, 2005 #20
Blondie

Default Status of Audio Broadcast - 27 March 2005

Since you've already got the software, I guess money isn't an issue here. I think that Alex's spot on the Peter Principle was so outstanding I wanted to hear him broadcasting as soon as possible. Looks like that's happening soon.

Blondie

Thread