VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 19th, 2009 #21
Sándor Petőfi
Banned

Yaaaaaaawn.

Old May 19th, 2009 #22
Kievsky

I was hoping to get a more substantive reply, Sandor.

Old May 19th, 2009 #23
Alex Linder
Administrator

Kievsky, I watched the toons. Not bad, but I don't agree. Peak oil and the rest strikes me as a religious faith more than reality. Gas is $2 a gallon right now.

Old May 19th, 2009 #24
Kievsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Kievsky, I watched the toons. Not bad, but I don't agree. Peak oil and the rest strikes me as a religious faith more than reality. Gas is $2 a gallon right now.
I guess time will tell regarding peak oil. There are other limits to increases in food production though, such as water to dissolve the chemical fertilizers, and soil, which is being eroded. The Green Revolution of the 70's created by Iowa agronomist Norman Borlaug, is now failing. Monsanto is claiming that it's GMO crops will "save the world" and let the population grow to 10 billion.

By the way, gas is 2 because so many people lost thier jobs. They aren't commuting to work or pleasure driving. Itz called demand destruction.

Old April 20th, 2019 #25
Dawn Cannon

Default Jay Hanson, founder of Peak Oil series, dies after diving

Sheila Newman

I have just learned, regretfully, of the death of Jay Hanson. My first report was that it occurred in a diving accident. Subsequently it has been clarified that he fell ill after diving, and died that night.

Jay Hanson lived in Hawaii. He was the founder of multiple energy resources or peak oil lists from the 1990s, starting with the incredibly popular Dieoff website and DieOff list which looked at peak oil, population numbers, and scarcity.

An intermediate list was Killer Ape-Peak Oil. The last list of which we are aware was [America2Point0] which Hanson closed 'until further notice' on 20 December 2016.

Hanson was teetotal for many years and studied evolutionary psychology. He believed that humans would be ultimately unable to deal with resource scarcity or human induced climate change because they could not cope with major environmental and evolutionary problems involving themselves.

https://candobetter.net/node/5739 (6 Apr 2019)

Thread