VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 22nd, 2012 #1
Fred O'Malley
Banned

Default Windows 8 is Shit!

Old December 22nd, 2012 #2
Horseman

Microsoft is about as jewed as a company can be.

Old December 22nd, 2012 #3
Angel Ramsey
Banned

Google Chrome sucks balls. I'm forced to use it, because my shitty computer went nuts a couple of months ago.

I took it back to Best Buy, they "fixed" it. I took it home, no power.

Took it back that same day. They said....."Oh, yeah, I see the problem".

Water damage. I asked why didn't they fix it. The little nigger said that they left 3 messages on my cell and 3 on my answering machine. I told him that I don't have voice mail or an answering machine.

You should've saw his face.

He went and gave me an estimate on what it would cost to repair.

$500. I only paid $440 for this piece of shit.

Anyway, I took it to a friend of the family. He opened it up. He said that there was no liquid damage, but.....wait for it......I had no memory card.

Best Buy stole my memory. Bought a new card. Works fine now. It only cost me $45 and a bottle of Black Velvet.

Fuck Best Buy, they're crooks.

Sorry for the rant.

Old December 22nd, 2012 #4
Derrick MacThomas

Of course Windows 8 is shit. It is a Microsoft product, which means that it is full of glitches and potential conflicts because it was not tested adquately before it was released for sale.
Windows tries to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear (make the PC/DOS shitbox function as well as a Mac), which cannot happen because of the differences in the architecture of the platforms.
I switched to Mac back when Windows 98 was new. I became fed up with Windows 98 choking to death on its temporary files every two hours and hanging.
I was persuaded to try a Mac for a day. I bought a Mac the next day and have not had one single problem with the Mac platform during the past 14 years. During that time, I have encountered three pieces of malware, all of which were detected and killed before they got into my machine.
Would I ever consider even looking at a PC again? HELL NO!
I plan to update my hardware by buying a new Mac next month.

Old December 22nd, 2012 #5
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ramsey View Post
Google Chrome sucks balls. I'm forced to use it, because my shitty computer went nuts a couple of months ago.

Water damage. I asked why didn't they fix it. The little nigger said that they left 3 messages on my cell and 3 on my answering machine. I told him that I don't have voice mail or an answering machine.

Anyway, I took it to a friend of the family. He opened it up. He said that there was no liquid damage, but.....wait for it......I had no memory card.

Best Buy stole my memory. Bought a new card. Works fine now. It only cost me $45 and a bottle of Black Velvet.

Sorry for the rant.
Best Buy - founded in 1983 by Richard M. Schulze and business partner Gary Smoliak

Old December 22nd, 2012 #6
Horseman

Quote:

Sorry for the rant.
That's outrageous. I'd go in there and cause a scene, and make sure you call him a nigger to his face. And post online reviews of what they did.

Old December 22nd, 2012 #7
Angel Ramsey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
That's outrageous. I'd go in there and cause a scene, and make sure you call him a nigger to his face. And post online reviews of what they did.
The interesting thing is, we went to Staples. Told them our horror story. The sales guy said the max on repairs there is $300.

That's where I'm buying my next 2 computers.

Old December 22nd, 2012 #8
Horseman

Quote:
The interesting thing is, we went to Staples. Told them our horror story. The sales guy said the max on repairs there is $300.

That's where I'm buying my next 2 computers.
Staples used to have that jew CEO (Stemberg). I used to avoid them for that reason, unless the item is at a cut-throat low price.

Old December 22nd, 2012 #9
Solskeniskyn

For anyone looking for an alternative OS; Ubuntu is really a simple/very functional alternative to consider. It does not drain much performance in the way that for example Win8 does, making it especially fitting for a budget/older/second hand computer; it's totally free and unbound too (meaning "free" also in the monetary sense); and it's just a great to know that you're not connected or bound to Microsoft/Apple in any way. I can really recommend it.

And just to be clear: you don't have to be technical or interested in computers at all, like in the linux hardcore days - it's just simple, clean and functional. Great stuff.

For more reading/download: http://www.ubuntu.com/

Old December 22nd, 2012 #10
Horseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solskeniskyn View Post
For anyone looking for an alternative OS; Ubuntu is really a simple/very functional alternative to consider. It does not drain much performance in the way that for example Win8 does, making it especially fitting for a budget/older/second hand computer; it's totally free and unbound too (meaning "free" also in the monetary sense); and it's just a great to know that you're not connected or bound to Microsoft/Apple in any way. I can really recommend it.

And just to be clear: you don't have to be technical or interested in computers at all, like in the linux hardcore days - it's just simple, clean and functional. Great stuff.

For more reading/download: http://www.ubuntu.com/
Ubuntu. So what is that? Made in Africa?

Old December 22nd, 2012 #11
Solskeniskyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Ubuntu. So what is that? Made in Africa?

Haha, yeah, I've always thought the name was a bit off, and sure enough:
Quote:
... Ubuntu is an ancient African word meaning 'humanity to others'. It also means 'I am what I am because of who we all are'. The Ubuntu operating system brings the spirit of Ubuntu to the world of computers.
Where did it all begin?

Linux was already established as an enterprise server platform in 2004. But free software was still not a part of everyday life for most computer users. That's why Mark Shuttleworth gathered a small team of developers from one of the most established Linux projects – Debian - and set out to create an easy-to-use Linux desktop, Ubuntu.

The vision for Ubuntu is part social and part economic: free software, available free of charge to everybody on the same terms, and funded through a portfolio of services provided by Canonical.
Anyway, the name and what reads like an euphemistic equivalent of the computer NWO aside - it is really anything but, and an agent for independent, user created/based operation. The computer equivalent of the spirit that gave birth to the American constitution.

Video:

Last edited by Solskeniskyn; December 22nd, 2012 at 11:29 PM. Reason: *

Old December 23rd, 2012 #12
Roy Wagahuski
professional critter

All the proprietary operating systems are good for jews.

Old December 28th, 2012 #13
varg

I tried Windows 8 on a virtual machine.

It is shit. The video is right.

They're trying too hard to appeal to this new younger smartphone/tablet demographic, but also to the senior citizen who needs giant fonts and applications that take up the entire screen and are more straight forward and have "ease of use." It's like they designed the OS assuming every PC user has gone retarded. Though most are so I can understand that to a degree.

First of all, right off the bat they encourage people to spend more money. The cost of the Operating System, or the hardware upgrades required to run it isn't enough I guess. They launched an app store where almost every feature or application you might add costs money. There are some free applications but they're either trials or inundated with ads. It seems everything nowadays has these micro-purchase system where people spend a shitload of money before realizing how much it adds up. I'm sure they realize this and feed on people's obsessive spending. I'm sure they'll be having "sales" and "deals" too on these shitty stripped down applications. People will probably think they're smart for jumping on the great deal they're getting before the inflated price goes back up. Suckers.

With their new Metro UI, they're trying to mimic phones and tablets where your entire application takes up the full screen. I guess that does have its advantages if you have a large screen display or are using your TV. But it takes away from the whole multi-tasking aspect of using a computer. You're forced to focus on one task at a time. Worse of all is a lot of these full screen metro applications don't have a back button to go to the home screen. So you're constantly having to hit the windows key on your keyboard just to go back to home. You shouldn't have to hit the keyboard every time you want to go back, whoever implemented this is a fucking retard.

I believe the only reason they included this new Metro UI in the first place was to be used in concert with their new tablets (which surprise, surprise, will cost you even more money.) Syncing your Windows Tablet with your Windows 8 PC seems pretty cool, but unless you have both then the Metro UI grows tiresome.

Then you have this unintuitive "charms bar" like the video talks about. Basically like a context menu for the running application, except you have to move the mouse in the top corner of the screen (or know to press win+C) to open it. Half the time it doesn't appear when you mouse over to the corner.

That's the Metro UI though. You can still use the regular desktop, but they've made it so you can't get away from the Metro UI. They've purposefully made settings and more advanced features more difficult to find. They also got rid of the start button so any time you want to launch an application you have to go back to this faggy Metro(sexual) UI telling you to buy a some new application, telling you the weather in India, or it'll be raving about some discounts at your local Jamba Juice.

I'm positive they'll be featuring nigger gangster rap on their store too, just like how Android and iPhone does it. Booting up your computer you'll be greeted with an icon of some nigger "artist" trying to sell your daughter his new "white hoes n crackas" album. Here's an example of how android phones and tablets do it https://play.google.com/store/music/...feature=banner

They should have named it Windows Consumer Edition.

They're also trying to have more of a monopoly on the applications you use. They try to force you to use Microsoft Internet Explorer and the Microsoft Bing search engine. Then in the advertisements within applications you'll see fucking 50 ads telling you to "Try Bing today!" To use pretty much anything you need a Windows Live (previously hotmail) account. I'm pretty sure that all your settings and pictures will be stored on the cloud- meaning it will be synced on their servers, and linked with your email account. Privacy be damned. Needing an online account makes it easier for them to lock you out or IP ban you from certain services too, or even worse to build a portfolio on you and have it stored on their servers and out of your jurisdiction.

Did I mention that almost every fucking app tries to pinpoint your physical location? It's pretty accurate too, narrowing it down to your street address, simply by using your IP address and other methods. You don't need to have a GPS unit built into your computer for it to get an accurate reading. Who knows what other backdoors and data mining Microsoft is doing behind the scenes with this newer release when location pinpointing is a key aspect of many of the applications. You can't avoid it and they're in your face about it too. No I don't want everything I do on my computer being tied to my physical address jew-Ballmer and the FEDs and advertisers who request information from you.

In terms of new features, the desktop (non-metro) side of Windows 8 seems exactly like Windows 7, sans start button to encourage people switching to the Metro screen to launch applications.

Metro is shit, and there's not a huge difference between Windows 7 and Windows 8 if you end up avoiding Metro.

So yeah if you have Windows 7 already, there's no reason to switch.

Ubuntu (Linux) isn't much better. Recently they started including ads by Amazon when you launch applications or use their search bar. So basically whenever you type something into the application/search bar it sends the search term back to some server (probably logged) and it spits out relevant advertisements.

If you go the Linux route, try an older version of Ubuntu prior to version 12, or use a different distribution like regular Debian which is the original distro Ubuntu forked off from. Granted Ubuntu is the more developed and user friendly option than other linux distributions, but I wouldn't trust them now in terms of privacy.

Last edited by varg; December 29th, 2012 at 12:21 AM. Reason: ...

Old December 29th, 2012 #14
George B

My laptop has Windows 7 - when it dies I'm going to get an iMac. I've been thinking of switching to Apple for a while - old habits die hard, but Windows 8 has finally convinced me that it's about time to ditch Microsoft. Next time I buy a computer it will be an Apple, mainly so I can avoid Windows 8.

Old December 29th, 2012 #15
Roy Wagahuski
professional critter

What varg said.

In my personal experience at converting people, everyone grumbles at the suggestion of linux. It sounds alien and intimidating, evoking crazy images of DOS-like interfaces and cryptic terminology.

It's not (necessarily).

The learning curve from windows to linux isn't steep, it's simply a matter of a few days or so of familiarization and adaptation to get rolling. Download, burn and Install a debian distribution onto a spare PC you may have collecting dust and experience the difference, particularly in speed. It doesn't hurt to try. Actually, it...

Old December 29th, 2012 #16
Roy Wagahuski
professional critter

muh linux

Old December 29th, 2012 #17
John in Woodbridge

I'm not even sure what the purpose of Windows 8 is, other than for Microsoft to make more money. Windows 7 seems to work pretty well, although I suspect Apple is bit easier for folks that are generally clueless about computers and software. You tend to pay for it though.

Windows XP was radically different from Windows 98 as it ran on the Windows NT engine, making it much more stable. So I can see that as a substantial upgrade. Windows 8 should have a radically improved and different engine than 7 in for Microsoft to sell it as a "new" operating system, not just some added bells and whistles and other gimmicks.

Old December 29th, 2012 #18
varg

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Woodbridge View Post
I'm not even sure what the purpose of Windows 8 is, other than for Microsoft to make more money. Windows 7 seems to work pretty well, although I suspect Apple is bit easier for folks that are generally clueless about computers and software. You tend to pay for it though.
Yeah that's it exactly. A way to make more money, and to introduce an app store with micro-payments so people go spending happy. There is no reason for them to make it an entirely new OS. They could have achieved the same exact changes by modifying Windows 7's shell and releasing it as a service pack. Well, assuming they weren't greedy. Without the Metro UI, I haven't noticed any substantial differences when compared to Windows 7. Nothing in the core functionality of the OS, and I didn't notice any new features in general other than the stuff on the metrosexual home screen.

To give Microsoft credit, Windows 7 is the best version of their operating system. I would suggest anyone who's still running Windows XP to upgrade to 7. There's thousands of security holes in Windows XP and it's not supported with security patches anymore. It's risky to use it still and I'm positive most people who do are infected with viruses unless they're very careful.

Quote:
Windows XP was radically different from Windows 98 as it ran on the Windows NT engine, making it much more stable. So I can see that as a substantial upgrade.
Windows 2000 was built on the NT kernel first. Though a lot of people went straight from 98 to XP.

Quote:
Windows 8 should have a radically improved and different engine than 7 in for Microsoft to sell it as a "new" operating system, not just some added bells and whistles and other gimmicks.
I think they were going to introduce a newer/better file system rather than NTFS, but ultimately it was scratched. Microsoft mostly hires Indian programmers now so I can see how there's not much new other than superficial things.

Old December 29th, 2012 #19
Brenna Wolf
Banned

I refuse to move from XP until I see something better. I guess I am just 'backwards' and stubborn when it comes to this crap. I have heard/read recently they will soon cease any XP updates.

I abhor being bullied and Linux appears more attractive every day.

Old December 29th, 2012 #20
Horseman

Good analysis Varg. It does look like MS is trying to bridge the gap between PC's and tablets/phones by forcing you to use a PC the way you use your tablet, whether you want to or not! Typical arrogant move by MS. Nevermind what the people want. It's what MS wants that matters.

Thread