VNN Broadcasts

Old December 1st, 2007 #61
Zyonasan
The last hope for humanity

Watching a moonrise From Jupiter. That particular moon is Europa

Old December 1st, 2007 #62
Zyonasan

Dust Pillar of the Carina Nebula - Inside the head of this interstellar monster is a star that is slowly destroying it. The monster, actually an inanimate pillar of gas and dust, measures over a light year in length. The star, not itself visible through the opaque dust, is bursting out partly by ejecting energetic beams of particles. Similar epic battles are being waged all over the star-forming Carina Nebula. The stars will win in the end, destroying their pillars of creation over the next 100,000 years, and resulting in a new open cluster of stars.

Old December 1st, 2007 #63
Zyonasan

Bug Nebula - Above is a detailed close-up of the dying star's nebula recorded by the Hubble Space Telescope. Cutting across a bright cavity of ionized gas, the dust torus surrounding the central star is in the upper right corner of this view, nearly edge-on to the line-of-sight. Molecular hydrogen has recently been detected in this hot star's dusty cosmic shroud.

Old December 1st, 2007 #64
Zyonasan

Carina Nebula - Panorama view from Hubble

Old December 1st, 2007 #65
Zyonasan

The Sun in 3D - Once again, to get the full effect of this image, you'll need some 3D glasses

Old December 1st, 2007 #66
Zyonasan

A supply ship approaching the Space Station:

Old December 1st, 2007 #67
Zyonasan

The famous "face" on mars....in 3D:

Old December 1st, 2007 #68
tuisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo_billy View Post
... years to load. Twenty minutes later and I am still waiting for the animated one to finish loading. !
On my computer done in 1 minute

All megalomaniacs should be confronted with this presentation of size-comparison.

And many thanks to Zyonasan!!!

Old December 1st, 2007 #69
Zyonasan

Bullet Pillars in Orion - Why are bullets of gas shooting out of the Orion Nebula? Nobody is yet sure. First discovered in 1983, each bullet is actually about the size of our Solar System, and moving at about 400 km/sec from a central source. The age of the bullets, which can be found from their speed and distance are young -- typically less than 1,000 years. As the bullets rip through the interior of the Orion Nebula, a small percentage of iron gas causes the tip of each bullet to glow blue, while each bullet leaves a tubular pillar that glows by the light of heated hydrogen gas. The Orion Nebula, is located about 1,500 light years away and can be seen with the unaided eye toward the constellation of Orion.

Old December 1st, 2007 #70
Zyonasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibernian 2.0 View Post
Wow.

Mars has that much ice?

Any shots of Olympus Mons?
Ask and you shall recieve:

Olympus Mons on Mars is the largest volcano in the Solar System. Although three times higher than Earth's Mount Everest, Olympus Mons would not be difficult to climb because of the volcano's great breadth. Covering an area greater than the entire Hawaiian volcano chain, the slopes of Olympus Mons typically rise only a few degrees at a time. The low gravity of Mars combined with a relatively static surface crust allow volcanoes this large to build up over time.

Old December 1st, 2007 #71
Zyonasan

At the Summit of Olympus Mons - Mars Express cameras looked down on the largest volcano in the solar system. The result was this stunningly detailed overhead view of the caldera or summit crater region of Olympus Mons. Fittingly named for the lofty abode of the gods of Greek mythology.

Old December 1st, 2007 #72
Zyonasan

Brain Crater on Mars - Appearing at first glance to resemble the human brain, the natural phenomena that created the unusual texture on the floor of this Martian impact crater are currently under investigation. The light colored region surrounding the brain-textured region is likely sand dunes sculpted by winds.

Old December 1st, 2007 #73
Zyonasan

Large Endurance Crater on Mars - You can see a part of the mars rover in the lower right corner of this picture.

Old December 5th, 2007 #74
William Herring

Default excellent

I have been fascinated with astronomy and astrophysics for years. Just this morning I was checking out a site that shows hundred of exposures taken by the Hubble. The universe truly is awe-inspiring and humbling isn't it? If and when we get our shit together and secure our future, Aryan man's ultimate destiny is the exploration and settlement of the galaxy. If we can achieve independence from this planet, the future of our speices is guaranteed as we will no longer be faced with the possiblity of being wiped out by asteroids, comets or other planet and life -exterminating events.

Even once we have re-assumed control of our destiny, this lies centuries in the future. But we are Aryans after all, and nothing we imagine can be withheld from us. 88! By the way- i loved your very first post on this thread- with the 25 suns and planets in relation of thier size to earth. Very cool. Where can I find this? I'd love to have it on my computer.

Old December 5th, 2007 #75
Zyonasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Herring View Post
I have been fascinated with astronomy and astrophysics for years. Just this morning I was checking out a site that shows hundred of exposures taken by the Hubble. The universe truly is awe-inspiring and humbling isn't it? If and when we get our shit together and secure our future, Aryan man's ultimate destiny is the exploration and settlement of the galaxy. If we can achieve independence from this planet, the future of our speices is guaranteed as we will no longer be faced with the possiblity of being wiped out by asteroids, comets or other planet and life -exterminating events.

Even once we have re-assumed control of our destiny, this lies centuries in the future. But we are Aryans after all, and nothing we imagine can be withheld from us. 88! By the way- i loved your very first post on this thread- with the 25 suns and planets in relation of thier size to earth. Very cool. Where can I find this? I'd love to have it on my computer.
I totally agree.

you know, I don't remember where I originally found that .gif picture that compared planet sizes. I've had it on my computer for almost 2 years. I may have gotten it from some generic atronomy forums somewhere on the net.

Old December 5th, 2007 #76
Zyonasan

Size comparisons of some smaller moons

Old December 5th, 2007 #77
Mark Faust
Broadcaster

The Sombrero Galaxy, I have always been amazed at how different it is from its neighbors. So beautiful and supposedly very old stars, and many black holes lie within.

Old December 7th, 2007 #78
David Milano

Default Butterfly Nebula

Old December 7th, 2007 #79
Holly
Self Bannned

Default First black on the dark side of the moon

[Sorry to intrude on a serious subject I love space things]

Old December 7th, 2007 #80
Justin Lee
Ιuστην Λεε

An eclipse of Saturn.