Yes I will.
Will not, please adjust to reality.

Thank you

Old May 3rd, 2008 #42
psychologicalshock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly View Post
Not only odd, it has never been known to happen anywhere in the universe at any time, the best space minds cannot think of the force which creates it, but ask whats his name, he will point you to a cheesy pic of a whirlpool in a cup and say "problem solved" . Simple solutions for simple minds is all I can say.
"David A. Godfrey of the National Optical Astronomy Observatories has determined that Saturn's interior rotates with a period of 10 hours, 39 minutes, and 22.082 [plus or minus] 0.122 seconds. The new measurement is derived from Godfrey's observations of a hexagonal cloud feature that surrounds Saturn's north pole. He reports in the March 9 issue of Science that his results lie within the uncertainty range of the best radio emission values for Saturn's rotation, a correspondence that indicates a link between the hexagonal surface feature and the planet's interior. Godfrey and colleagues believe that the hexagon is a Rossby wave, a type of large-scale, stable wave that also occurs in the earth's atmosphere and oceans. The wave on Saturn, which is stationary with respect to the planet's interior, is embedded in a narrow, eastward jet stream."

O rly?

As far as it goes most everyone agrees that it's a standing wave, so that's not really the issue. The issue is merely what is causing the pattern.

Last edited by psychologicalshock; May 3rd, 2008 at 08:43 PM.

Old May 3rd, 2008 #43
psychologicalshock
Banned

Quote:
Will not, please adjust to reality.
Will toooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote:
Thank you
NO U.

Old May 3rd, 2008 #44
tuisto

Default Hahaha

[quote=psychologicalshock;767160]I would be too.

Quote:
No, no, you're not reading it deeply enough.

Quote:
The key word here is say. I don't give a crap what she thinks as long as she doesn't say it.
Really? Honesty is worse than sneakiness?

Quote:
Tyrants must have even more tyrannical mothers.
I associate the word tyrant with a male. Hysterical with a woman.
A good tyrant needs a good hysterical woman.

Quote:
She can give me that illusion but that wont stop me from double checking for myself.
No chance!
She'll outwit you at every turn.

Old May 3rd, 2008 #45
psychologicalshock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuisto View Post

Really? Honesty is worse than sneakiness?
It's better that I don't have a headache every day.

Quote:
I associate the word tyrant with a male. Hysterical with a woman.
A good tyrant needs a good hysterical woman.
I must be growing up a tyrant then.

Quote:
No chance!
She'll outwit you at every turn.
There's no perfection in this world

Old May 3rd, 2008 #46
tuisto

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychologicalshock View Post
It's better that I don't have a headache every day.
...said the healthy man and decided to ignore her for a while. Until his
loneliness became stronger than his fear of daily headaches.

Quote:
I must be growing up a tyrant then.
If your sun or, even worse: your moon, or both, are in capricorn, there is
a good chance, yes.

There's no perfection in this world
Wrong!
The world IS perfect!

Old May 3rd, 2008 #47
psychologicalshock
Banned

Quote:
...said the healthy man and decided to ignore her for a while. Until his
loneliness became stronger than his fear of daily headaches.
You make it sound like the rest of my life will be miserable around these creatures.

Quote:
If your sun or, even worse: your moon, or both, are in capricorn, there is
a good chance, yes.
I am not an Astrologist but I am born in August so I think the sun wont be a capricorn. I am not sure about how the moon works for that.

Quote:
Wrong!
The world IS perfect!
It might work perfectly but it doesn't necessarily mean that everything is going perfectly well from my point of view.

Old May 3rd, 2008 #48
tuisto

[quote]
Quote:
You make it sound like the rest of my life will be miserable around these creatures.
There will be good times, don't worry
Holly needs to stop torturing cats (as she does in her avatar) before you
consider telling her: "I am sorry, you were right all along!"
Better she tortures you than helpless animals.

Old May 3rd, 2008 #49
psychologicalshock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuisto View Post

There will be good times, don't worry
Holly needs to stop torturing cats (as she does in her avatar) before you
consider telling her: "I am sorry, you were right all along!"
Better she tortures you than helpless animals.
No it's fine, ill pass.
I agree on the cat torture

By the way congrats on the post count- 1488!

Last edited by psychologicalshock; May 3rd, 2008 at 09:44 PM.

Old May 3rd, 2008 #50
Holly
Self Bannned

Quote:

O rly?
Time for your meds ?

Quote:
As far as it goes most everyone agrees that it's a standing wave, so that's not really the issue. The issue is merely what is causing the pattern.
No duh, I have already told you what causes it if you ever listen, a Super Force.

Old May 4th, 2008 #51
psychologicalshock
Banned

Quote:
Time for your meds ?
I don't take meds.

Quote:
No duh, I have already told you what causes it if you ever listen, a Super Force.
Define super force qualitatively and quantitatively (As in how a super force works and what sort of magnitude is required before something qualifies as a super force) . I want to see how one calculates the effect of a super force on meteorological phenomena and why it's necessary to define super force in the first place when there are already definition for what it encompasses. What sort of temperatures/free energy are we looking at? What's the difference between a super force and just a force?

Don't you realize that laws of forces are made with the idea of universality in mind? If we lived on a planet say 3 times smaller than Earth wouldn't Earth's atmosphere suddenly become super? It seems rather silly to define forces subjectively since I don't recall forces beginning to act in any way different within the scale we're talking about.

Anyhow some interesting observations:

Quote:
This image is one of the first clear images of the north polar region ever acquired from a unique polar perspective. In this image, the blue color shows high-altitude emissions from atmospheric molecules excited by charged particles smashing into the atmosphere along Saturn's powerful magnetic field lines, producing the aurora at very high altitudes in Saturn's atmosphere. The red color indicates the amount of 5-micron wavelength radiation, or heat, generated in the depths of the warm interior of Saturn that escapes the planet. Clouds blocking this light are revealed as silhouettes against the background thermal glow of the planet.
Quote:
The strong brightness of the hexagon feature indicates that it is primarily a clearing in the clouds, which extends deep into the atmosphere, at least down to the 3-bar (3-Earth atmospheres pressure) level, about 75 kilometers (47 miles) below the clouds and hazes seen in visible wavelengths. Thick clouds border both sides of the narrow feature, as indicated by the adjacent dark lanes paralleling the bright hexagon. This image and other images acquired over a 12-day period between Oct. 30 and Nov. 11, 2006, show that the feature is nearly stationary, and likely is an unusually strong pole-encircling planetary wave that extends deep into the atmosphere.

Last edited by psychologicalshock; May 4th, 2008 at 01:02 AM.

Old May 4th, 2008 #52
George Witzgall

Quote:
I am sure he must be overjoyed to have a forum troll on his side, poetic justice if you ask me.

damn Holly I thought you had me on ignore? I'm flattered... because you are SUPER.
(Holly, I've been studying Physics for longer than you've been alive; this isn't a "super" force, but good luck with your new religion.)

Anyway you'll be happy to know I'm putting my money on you for the last word. Maybe you can sneak it in in a few weeks when ps isn't looking.

Old May 4th, 2008 #53
Holly
Self Bannned

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Witzgall View Post
damn Holly I thought you had me on ignore? I'm flattered... because you are SUPER.

Anyway you'll be happy to know I'm putting my money on you for the last word. Maybe you can sneak it in in a few weeks when ps isn't looking.
Why should I ignore you, I do not recall saying 1 thing to you until now.
I do not necessarily ignore those with anti views, only idiots and perverts.

Old May 4th, 2008 #54
Holly
Self Bannned

Quote:
I don't take meds.
Maybe you should. Explain what "O rly?" is supposed to mean then

Quote:
Define super force qualitatively and quantitatively (As in how a super force works and what sort of magnitude is required before something qualifies as a super force)
I am done with any reasonable debate with you, obviously anything I say will bounce off your thick skull and on to your shoe.
I suggest to read again the things I have already said, maybe some of it will sink in.

Old May 4th, 2008 #55
psychologicalshock
Banned

Quote:
Maybe you should.
No thanks Holly, I don't want to visit your family psychiatrist only to be told that I have some sort of Jew-invented anal retentive problem. Trust me, I don't want to hear it.

Quote:
Explain what "O rly?" is supposed to mean then
It means you don't have a sense of humor. Don't you remember Dietrich's Jew walrus? "Give monies plox" or something of that sort. Didn't see you bitching.

Quote:
I am done with any reasonable debate with you, obviously anything I say will bounce off your thick skull and on to your shoe.
I don't wear shoes in the house and quite frankly I don't want what you say landing on my feet.
Quote:
I suggest to read again the things I have already said, maybe some of it will sink in.
I already gave you my memory report, it's quite fine.
As far as I remember you never gave me any definite definition of a super force merely that it is for some reason unknown. What stops people from defining it? What sort of technology improvements would be needed to define one? In the past it has been obvious what the flaw was - when people wanted to see smaller things they needed a microscope, when people wanted to see far they needed a telescope, when they wanted to measure light they needed precise timers, when they wanted to see the composition of a star they needed spectrometry, when they wanted to figure out movement in planets they needed a red shift factor. What do we need here? What is stopping people from knowing? Why are common definitions unfit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Witzgall View Post
Were the ... a pause for rewording?
Quote:
(Holly, I've been studying Physics for longer than you've been alive; this isn't a "super" force,
I can't think of any super forces myself. Super or critical usually means something exceptional but I don't think there is a category for such things. What do you think?
Quote:
but good luck with your new religion.)
On your knees and pray or we will cut your head off.

Quote:
Anyway you'll be happy to know I'm putting my money on you for the last word.
I am not making a counter-bet.
Quote:
Maybe you can sneak it in in a few weeks when ps isn't looking.
I am sure that she will figure out a way, I think she already gave me cooties because I am itching all over. Yegh!

Last edited by psychologicalshock; May 4th, 2008 at 05:11 PM.

Old May 4th, 2008 #56
Holly
Self Bannned

Quote:
No thanks Holly, I don't want to visit your family psychiatrist only to be told that I have some sort of Jew-invented anal retentive problem. Trust me, I don't want to hear it.
Here you are trying to be too clever, it works better when you do not have to try so hard

Quote:
It means you don't have a sense of humor. Don't you remember Dietrich's Jew walrus? "Give monies plox" or something of that sort. Didn't see you bitching.
I do not have the 1st clue what you refer to, I can tell you that I do not read every post on this forum.
"O rly" is supposed to make me break out in tears laughing ?

Old May 4th, 2008 #57
psychologicalshock
Banned

Quote:
Here you are trying to be too clever,
No, just clever but thanks for compliment.

Quote:
it works better when you do not have to try so hard
At least I didn't sink down to toddler/your mom hybrid jokes. Unlike someone else.

Quote:
I do not have the 1st clue what you refer to, I can tell you that I do not read every post on this forum.
The picture has been posted around quite a few times, I don't have it saved on my computer but I am sure either Dietrich or NS cat have it.
Quote:
"O rly" is supposed to make me break out in tears laughing ?
Comedy and wit don't automatically entail laughter. "O rly" is an overused internet meme and if you want to know what it's about just look it up on google.

If you want my humor I made a Mike Mazzone thread and two Secrets of the Holocaust threads.

Last edited by psychologicalshock; May 4th, 2008 at 09:00 PM.

Old May 4th, 2008 #58
Holly
Self Bannned

Getting pretty far off topic, better leave it alone now.
I care not about your brand of humor.

Old May 4th, 2008 #59
psychologicalshock
Banned

Quote:
Getting pretty far off topic, better leave it alone now.
You still have to define a super force which is mostly what I am waiting for.

Kind of ironic for you to be telling me this considering that the last handful posts have been you trying to get a last post in. You think I will let you?

Quote:
I care not about your brand of humor.
Aw , that makes me so sad.

If you haven't already figured it out you will see that Saturn's Red Spot is actually a giant cyclone (Quite obvious).

It's also noteworthy to mention that the Red Spot, Earthly cyclones and the Hexagon all seem to be spinning in the same direction. Nothing very important but still worth mentioning. As we've already seen the dark spot is actually an area of high temperature and a clearing in the clouds. This is because the air is moving towards that point which is apparently at a lower atmospheric pressure. So what we are seeing is actually air descending. So essentially air is being compressed thus acquiring more potential energy.

Some people earlier mentioned a lot about waves and that is indeed right, there is a hexagonal standing wave there.
"Yearly HST imaging from 1997 to 2002 using the Wield Field Planetary Camera 2 with a series of filters ranging from the UV (218 nm) to the near IR (1042 nm), have revealed the motions and episodic cloud morphology changes in the South Polar Region of Saturn, poleward -70 deg. The images do not show either a ``hexagonal" wave nor an anticyclone, counterparts to those seen in the North Pole at + 78 deg. However, a polar jet similar in location, amplitude and width, to that in which the North Polar hexagonal wave is embedded, has been discovered in the southern hemisphere. We propose that the absence of a hexagon in the South Pole is due to the lack of a large-scale anticyclone to force it. A second interesting dynamical feature was the presence of a South Polar Cap, a very small disk with a radius of just 2 deg centered on the pole, dark in the red but bright at blue wavelengths. The red images showed during these years the development and growth of a bright white area surrounding the cap. This suggests a possible radial spread from the pole up to -80 deg, of a newly formed cloud or aerosols, revealing in such a case the existence of intense meridional motions around Saturn's south pole. "

One more interesting fact is that the hexagon is actually not the only hexagon structure on Saturn (gasp)
"Saturn's poles exhibit an unexpected symmetry in hot, cyclonic polar vortices, despite huge seasonal differences in solar flux. The cores of both vortices are depleted in phosphine gas, probably resulting from subsidence of air into the troposphere. The warm cores are present throughout the upper troposphere and stratosphere at both poles. The thermal structure associated with the marked hexagonal polar jet at 77°N has been observed for the first time. Both the warm cyclonic belt at 79°N and the cold anticyclonic zone at 75°N exhibit the hexagonal structure."

Conclusion? No super forces, same forces that we know on Earth in larger proportion. For the same reason that there is predicted to be more jet streams the larger a planet is. Also, looking for geometrical structures also lead me to another interesting article, this one about Titan.
Triangular occultation of Titan
http://www.esa.int/esaCP/SEMQO5SMTWE_Expanding_0.html

Don't try to make a religion out of a shape that isn't regularly occurring, as far as it goes it seems to me that in many ways it is quite similar to the spinning water. It's a zone to which the medium flows (In the cyclone's case that would be air and in the spinning water's case... water) and it's spinning at a fast rate. It's rather strange to pretend there are no connections at all.

Last edited by psychologicalshock; May 4th, 2008 at 11:17 PM.

Old May 4th, 2008 #60
Holly
Self Bannned

psychologicalshock I request you reconsider trying to win a childish post war with me, I can play childish games with the best of them as I do it every day with real children.
I will post here until I am a great grandmother if I have to, you will never get the last word on me, let it rest. It is not the best interest for this forum to have more useless posts from you, I have already come out on top here, you have nothing left to prove, move along please.

Thread