Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 1st, 2005 #1
kindergentlervnn

Default TAA outreach idea

Here is an idea that I would like some input on.

What do you think of the idea of an issue of TAA with some articles about the environment and about hunting and fishing that would be directed towards hunting and outdoor clubs? The idea could be promoted much the same way as the fraternity project.

Overall, I think that the hunting and fishing demographic is grossly underserved by our so called movement and that there can be some growth there.

Comments please.

Old August 3rd, 2005 #2
brutus

RE: kindergentlervnn

Quote:

What do you think of the idea of an issue of TAA with some articles about the environment and about hunting and fishing that would be directed towards hunting and outdoor clubs? The idea could be promoted much the same way as the fraternity project.

Overall, I think that the hunting and fishing demographic is grossly underserved by our so called movement and that there can be some growth there.

Comments please.
This sounds like a great idea! I've been a hunter for many years. There is something primal in the hunting urge that may very well be closely linked to survival of the species imperative. And it is this drive that is at the heart and primary drive of this movement.

Welcome to VNN :cheers:

Old August 3rd, 2005 #3
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Ironically yesterday I put a bunch of VNN cards into hunting mags at a magazine stand. Oh, and I did the day before that too, in another location I happened to be in.

Old August 3rd, 2005 #4
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindergentlervnn

Comments please.
Articles about hunting ?? Well, TAA does talk about "coons" quite a bit, ya know. As in "coon hunting". (har har).

Your idea is a good one, but Alex makes all final decisions about TAA content. You might PM him.

You might consider mailing TAAs, to hunting & fishing club members and/or lodges, if you can obtain mailing lists. TAAs are providers to VNN'ers at below costs (16 cents per copy, which includes printing and shipping).

Welcome to VNN, btw.

Thread