VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 11th, 2012 #41
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Interesting, never heard of Terry Reid before, not bad. Reminded me of Jagger's drag-lip't "Wild Horses," just a little bit.

The Rolling Stones - Wild Horses -HQ - YouTube
Terry Reid did a lot of great, plainitve, songs that strike a resonate chord with with me for some reason. Here are a couple more excellent numbers by him:

Old July 11th, 2012 #42
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Maybe there is something noble about accepting one's fate without struggle and without crying and moaning about it.
Yes. And that would be very much in keeping with Haggard's persona, which was more or less the same as his identity: Merle Haggard, proud square. Yes, he was a rebel as a youth, and maybe as an adult too, and he was a criminal, but, in the sense of the Italian mobster, don't get the idea I'm some kind of goddam radical, don't get the idea I'm knocking the system. There are square criminals too.

Quote:
Most of PC is unspoken (what logically follows from the spoken). 99% of people couldn't even identify these opinions they have in their own minds. Example: a PC person will feel like it's wrong to put substance over appearance.
That's an interesting matter. The idea of keeping up appearances is British, I believe. And it feeds perfectly into PC, with the divorce between what you might think and what you are allowed to say. I've fought that view my whole life. It's interesting to notice that jews take the opposite view. They put the substance ahead of the appearance. They don't care about manners. I upbraided my jewish friend in college for eating with his mouth open, it was pissing me off. To jews, concern with table manners is bourgeois and pretentious. John Murray Cuddihy writes about this. They don't really believe in higher motives. To them, everything reduces to a sex or money drive. Or they pretend it does. And they claim that in their sitcoms. Yet, when they want to copy Aryan nobility, they are perfectly capable of doing so - as in the jew-queer composed Nazi song in Cabaret, "Tomorrow Belongs to Me." It's hard to believe someone who can capture the Germanic/Aryan soul that well does not understand things like nobility. Perhaps it just has a different feeling about nobility's worth. Hard to say. But jews are generally like Larry David: they don't really like pretending, unless it's a shortcut to a clear-cut material gain, they like what they think is cutting to the bottom line. And they don't mind being brazen. Pride themselves on their chutzpah. It's a white thing, particularly an Anglo cultural thing, to not question motives, and do unto others, and overlook bad behavior. Which all must be unlearned if we Whites are to defeat the jews. Which is one reason VNN has always been rough rather smooth. The style must echo the sense, you know. We have always essayed to jew the jew here; to treat him as jew-suspiciously as he treats us. And mock him the way he mocks us. Once people learn to do that, it's liberating. The only problem we have is it's harder to get the better mentally equipped whites to do this, since they are the ones more strongly in the grips of the conservative politeness Anglo failure patterns, whereas the Southern lower brows willing to adopt it tend to simply substitute 'jew' for the devil they learned about in bible school. There are so many ways to be wrong, and not many ways to be right, maybe only one.

Quote:
They will feel like they are being White, and thus racist. Only when it's necessary to put substance first will they do it, and they'll have a little nod from each other that they won't report each other for it. Today in America, if you actually try to express some interesting thoughts or observations, or express curiosity, the liberal-minded people will look at you as if "what's wrong with you."
The illiberals will quietly mark you as evil, and to be ostracized. Average people will think you're a weirdo. Basically, you can't refer to anything not on tv or no one will understand you. Anytime you see interior shots of the houses of the left half of the bell curve you'll notice they have bookshelves full of movies, no books at all. People don't read today. Only a small minority. And the stuff the 'masses' do read is completely tv-integrated, ideawise.

The jews have achieved what the Nazis called Gleichschaltung - complete social coordination. The media-government-education trident tines all stab the same direction.

Quote:
It's funny. My ex-wife is a big fan of Vince Gill. He's a contemporary country singer who is actually great. I asked her "Why don't they ever play Gill on the radio, and nobody seems to know him?" And she said she was puzzled about that too. So you made me think there is maybe a reason why Gill's music is being suppressed, to make way for more PC art. But he's too good to hold down, so you have an awkward situation.
How old are you? They used to play Gill all the time. He's just past his sell-by date. He's old. I suspect he's mostly retired. No, he was big in his day, maybe 15 years ago.

Last edited by Alex Linder; July 11th, 2012 at 08:46 PM.

Old July 11th, 2012 #43
Eire

Default The strong silent type

Its an homage to his mother. Like a tattoo heart with "Mom" written across it.
Men were not into a lot of 'explaining'. He's not trying to preach or make a political statement. Its not propaganda. He's just paying tribute to his mother in the typical way back then. Without all the "being in touch with your feelings" and verbal masturbation that many women demand today.

Old July 11th, 2012 #44
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eire View Post
Its an homage to his mother. Like a tattoo heart with "Mom" written across it.
Men were not into a lot of 'explaining'. He's not trying to preach or make a political statement. Its not propaganda. He's just paying tribute to his mother in the typical way back then. Without all the "being in touch with your feelings" and verbal masturbation that many women demand today.
Do you think he wishes he had listened to her, but won't say that because it doesn't matter now?

Old July 11th, 2012 #45
Eire

Quote:
Do you think he wishes he had listened to her, but won't say that because it doesn't matter now?
Oh yeah,he wishes he would have listened to her. That's repeated over and over "Mama tried, Mama tried"
But its like spilled milk. It wasn't manly back then to cry over spilled milk. He's taking his consequences like a man. Its not about him now its about his mother. He's praising her for trying to help him. It would be undignified to wallow or to blame anyone else and it doesn't occur to him to do so.

Unlike today, everyone blames the mother.

Old July 11th, 2012 #46
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
No one seems to see this, but it's exactly what's going on. Today's artistis are not any worse singers or songwriters than George Jones, Hank Williams, Merle Haggard, they are simply forced, like political writers for mainstream conservative outlets, to toe a political line set by illiberal leftist jews pushing an anti-White, anti-man agenda. If they want money, they have to play along; and if they want integrity, they have to play alone. So what can they write about? Either how great women are. How dumb bad stupid men are. Or how much they like sex and partying. And pretty much nothing else. This makes country music not technically bad, as the voices and bodies and instruments are tighter than ever, but it makes it jejune, boring, simplistic and childish. Maybe teenaged at best. And one doesn't go to country for teenaged hormones -- that's rock's territory -- one goes to it for adult sadness, loss, regret - and some positive stuff too, but non-sexual stuff. The only adult contemporary country music appeals to is 30s single women who are starting to wonder if they're fading and need reassurance from Keith Urban. And rural boobs whenever their bodies are needed for call-up in the latest round of jewish wars. As in jewish tv, the only time men are respectable and respected in modern country music is when they're joining the army to fight for Israel. (Toby Keith is surely among the top ten defense contractors benefiting from the WTC wars.)
In yesterday's country, particularly that produced by male artists, women were sometimes depicted as long-suffering mothers & wives - and other times as grasping, cheating sluts; some men were skirt-chasers & drunken hell-raisers - and others the hard-working, trusting victims of the whores they were entangled with.

This reflected reality. Today's cuntry doesn't because the goddamned kikes who control it 1. target most of it to gullible women perpetually in need of ego-boosting in order to maximize sales and 2. to mind-shtup both sexes of the segment of society most reluctant to get with the jew Program. So wimmin are without exception mistreated angels (but of course with an unconquerable inner strength!), and men are white-trash redneck blowhards who're gonna git tugetha with The Boys this weekend to have a few cold ones, shoot their guns in the air 'n' git some mud on them tars (after they've painted her toenails, changed the baby's diaper & tearfully begged for forgiveness for holdin' her back and daring to fart anywhere but in the toilet). Hell yeah.

You'd think that bitches might be insulted by Shmuel's constant & transparent attempts butter 'em up for political/financial gain (Go ahead and enjoy that "scrumptiously decadent" chocolate - because this is Your Time And You've Earned It), but oh no; they're sure that they deserve every bit of that praise and so much more.

Quote:
It's sad, because country music is a good form.
It was, once.

Last edited by N.B. Forrest; July 11th, 2012 at 09:17 PM.

Old July 11th, 2012 #47
Horseman

Quote:

How old are you? They used to play Gill all the time. He's just past his sell-by date. He's old. I suspect he's mostly retired. No, he was big in his day, maybe 15 years ago.
I'm 43. I saw Gill perform live on Cape Cod a few years ago and he seemed pretty young to me (I mean, late 30's, early 40's). Sorry if I'm mistaken.

Old July 11th, 2012 #48
Alex Linder
Administrator

Listen to this song. Not a country song, but same rules apply. Jim Croce (half-jew) was very popular in the early seventies before his freak death. This song overtly says a woman should "be ashamed." And this from an ultra-sensitive songwriter. This song would never be written today, let alone get airplay or video made.

Notice one of the comments at youtube:

this song never got much recognition, which is a shame it's one of his best
StephenHardyMusic 2 years ago 39

And notice the number of approvals that comment got. Suggesting that even back then, four decades ago, PC was already in larval stage.

Old July 11th, 2012 #49
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
They don't really believe in higher motives. To them, everything reduces to a sex or money drive.
I read that Freud thought that the goy idea of love was just hypocritical cover for the sex drive, since love wasn't even a concept in kike communities, where marriage was a purely utilitarian affair.

We must never forget that in jews we're not dealing with normal human beings with normal human inner lives, but rather with a group of highly intelligent but spiritually retarded bipedal parasites.

Quote:
How old are you? They used to play Gill all the time. He's just past his sell-by date. He's old.
That's another thing about cuntry that sucks balls: the ages of performers didn't used to matter nearly as much. Sure, they had attractive younger artists - and plenty of older ones still appreciated by all. And most of the "sex symbols" were fully-grown MEN with unquestionable talent (Conway Twitty, Waylon Jennings, Randy Travis, Dwight Yoakam, etc.) - not hair-gelled purty boys in sleeveless tees who look like they're just started ejaculating last week.

Old July 11th, 2012 #50
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Listen to this song. Not a country song, but same rules apply. Jim Croce (half-jew) was very popular in the early seventies before his freak death. This song overtly says a woman should "be ashamed." And this from an ultra-sensitive songwriter. This song would never be written today, let alone get airplay or video made.

Notice one of the comments at youtube:

this song never got much recognition, which is a shame it's one of his best
StephenHardyMusic 2 years ago 39

And notice the number of approvals that comment got. Suggesting that even back then, four decades ago, PC was already in larval stage.

Jim Croce - Next Time, This Time - YouTube
He looks like a full-blown Jew to me, even though I like a few of his songs.

The seeds of political correctness go way back, to the Abolitionist Movement, Women's Sufferage, and Civil Rights; but they really burst into full bloom in the 1960's with the dawning of the Age of Aquarius and the Jewish-created Hippie Counter-Culture.

Old July 11th, 2012 #51
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post

That's another thing about cuntry that sucks balls: the ages of performers didn't used to matter nearly as much. Sure, they had attractive younger artists - and plenty of older ones still appreciated by all. And most of the "sex symbols" were fully-grown MEN with unquestionable talent (Conway Twitty, Waylon Jennings, Randy Travis, Dwight Yoakam, etc.) - not hair-gelled purty boys in sleeveless tees who look like they're just started ejaculating last week.
Charlie Rich was a class act and still had it going on for an older guy:

Old July 11th, 2012 #52
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven L. Akins View Post
Charlie Rich was a class act and still had it going on for an older guy:

CHARLIE RICH Behind Closed Doors - YouTube
I was about 10 and sitting on the floor in front of our big wood-cabineted One-Eyed Kike when a drunk Rich presented the Artist of the Year award - to John Denver: he pulled out his lighter & fired it up.....

Old July 11th, 2012 #53
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
I'm 43. I saw Gill perform live on Cape Cod a few years ago and he seemed pretty young to me (I mean, late 30's, early 40's). Sorry if I'm mistaken.
Ok...I watched/listened to a lot of country back in the nineties and early 2000s, Gill was pretty big in at least some of those years. But I think he's easily ten years out of date. Not that he's any worse, the industry just moves on, and only the very biggest can ride multiple waves. Most fall back to the county fair level. And also because they've had their success and are content to do less than they needed to do to get/stay to/at the top.

Wiki says Gill born '57, making him mid-fifties.

In June 2012 Gill was touring and performing only bluegrass songs.[6]

Bluegrass doesn't get much play, really, it's more of a grassroots thing. (Rhonda Vincent is a name in bluegrass, and she is from Kirksville, I feel obliged to throw in.)

1991 Male Vocalist of the Year
1992 Male Vocalist of the Year
1992 Song of the Year with Max D. Barnes - "Look At Us"
1993 Album of the Year - "I Still Believe in You"
1993 Male Vocalist of the Year
1993 Song of the Year with John Barlow Jarvis - "I Still Believe in You"
1994 Entertainer of the Year
1994 Male Vocalist of the Year
1995 Male Vocalist of the Year

Gill basically peaked 93-95, and was pretty much receded after '96. So yeah, it's been fifteen years since he's been a top name.

He's kind of like a beloved older figure these days, I think.

Vince_Gill Vince_Gill

Old July 11th, 2012 #54
N.B. Forrest

Croce may have been a half-jew, and he was without question one of the fugliest bastids ever to somehow become a star, but there's no denying he had talent to burn. Look at that vid: just 2 highly-skilled musicians with 2 acoustic guitars, producing magic.

Of course, it had to be some kind of clever editing trick; I mean, shit, where are the multiple costume changes? The bolstering troupes of dancing fags? The niggers scratching records and shouting "YO! YO!"

Old July 11th, 2012 #55
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, today they all have to be good looking. Back in the old days most were too, I guess, but it was still more like the movies then, you could have people who looked like real people instead of actors playing people. Too perfect and soulless, as many have said...because it's true.

Old July 11th, 2012 #56
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Croce may have been a half-jew,
I just threw it in there to preempt someone bringing it up like it matters.

Quote:
and he was without question one of the fugliest bastids ever to somehow become a star,
I think he has a kind of homely caveman appeal - sensitive eyes. I don't think he's really that ugly. He kind of looks like a mournful dog.

Quote:
but there's no denying he had talent to burn. Look at that vid: just 2 highly-skilled musicians with 2 acoustic guitars, producing magic.
I think he's great. I'm amazed how many songs by him I wasn't aware of, and they're all good.

Music ought to head back in the direction: Croce, Cat Stevens. That vein will never run dry.

Quote:
Of course, it had to be some kind of clever editing trick; I mean, shit, where are the multiple costume changes? The bolstering troupes of dancing fags? The niggers scratching records and shouting "YO! YO!"
Everything has to be high-energy retardation with cheerleaders and niggers, everybody spastically doing calisthenics.

Singers seem to have become athletes.

Old July 11th, 2012 #57
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Music ought to head back in the direction: Croce, Cat Stevens. That vein will never run dry.
Talent & authenticity never does. Here's the great Richard Thompson, still gifting us with his brilliance in near-total obscurity:

Old July 11th, 2012 #58
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eire View Post
Oh yeah,he wishes he would have listened to her. That's repeated over and over "Mama tried, Mama tried"
How does Mama tried equate to I should have listened to her? If he really did regret and repent, you'd think he'd mention than, and no, that wouldn't be any excessive feeling for even a strong silent type.

I think the fact he doesn't ever say he repents suggests the deeper point and main meaning of the song is about his rebellious nature and its inevitable working out. I agree the song is an homage to his mother, but I think that's only on the surface. As I read it, in no way is he saying he should have listened to her - only that she tried to warn him, which, if you listen to the actual words, is all he ever says.

Last edited by Alex Linder; July 11th, 2012 at 11:31 PM.

Old July 11th, 2012 #59
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Talent & authenticity never does.
Agree, altho authenticity is a confusing concept. Art isn't natural. By definition.

Old July 12th, 2012 #60
keifer

Quote:
Agree, altho authenticity is a confusing concept. Art isn't natural. By definition.
You really don't know what you are talking about do you?

Tags
#1, country, music

Thread