VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 13th, 2020 #1
VanguardNewsNetwork
News Bot

Woodpecker Good Quotes

“When someone says the word ‘equality,’ I reach for my pistol.”

— unknown source, but a great quote anyway; it’s a take-off from a line in the 1933 German play Schlageter by Hanns Johst: “When I hear ‘Culture’…I release the safety catch on my Browning!”).

“A career woman is NOT single…she’s married to her career. A man is just an add on.” — unknown source.

Read more at Vanguard News Network Blog...

Old July 20th, 2022 #4
Gladiatrix

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Old July 21st, 2022 #5
U. Dunrouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanguardNewsNetwork View Post
“When someone says the word ‘equality,’ I reach for my pistol.”

— unknown source, but a great quote anyway; it’s a take-off from a line in the 1933 German play Schlageter by Hanns Johst: “When I hear ‘Culture’…I release the safety catch on my Browning!”).
There is also a notorious anti-Nazi take-off from that line...

Quote:
Goering on Culture

Hermann Goering, a high-ranking Third Reich official, is often quoted as having said: "Whenever I hear the word culture, I reach for my revolver." Reichsmarschall Goering (Gφring), who was commander of Germany's air force, would never have said anything like this. Along with other high-level Third Reich leaders, he esteemed the arts, and prided himself on his appreciation of culture.

This quote is a distortion of a line by a character in the play Schlageter by German writer Hanns Johst. The original line (translated) is "When I hear [the word] culture ... I release the safety on my Browning!" A version of this quote is presented in a staged scene in "Why We Fight," a US government wartime propaganda film, to suggest that the typical "Nazi" was an uncultured thug.

Source: Fake Nazi Quotations, By Mark Weber

https://www.ihr.org/other/weber2011fakequotations.html

Thread